Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2013, 06:48 PM   #91
TOMAR@SSR
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettb View Post
The Vroom Vroom code for Alamo includes the "CDW" and "Extended Protection, just like the KLM National code includes the "LDW."

For 8/3-8/12, I got $271.55 for a full size with National/KLM/$30coupon and $266.84 with Alamo/Vroom/$30coupon(I think).

Oh, and oh...poop....I can't modify or delete the Alamo reservation with the Vroom Vroom code. I know peopled used to have this issue with the National and the KLM code but that's no longer the case.
Thank you for explaining the vroom vroom code brettb- But, since I don`t feel comfortable using the KLM code, (and I have the credentials to prove I can), Im certainly not going to use the vroom vroom, taking a chance that alamo pulls the code and we have to pay up the wazoooo when we get to the counter......About the KLM code- I have read on another thread that after dropping of your car at the end of your vacation, National charges for what your ressies say, and then there is a balance due for the LDW charges which some folks had to call and dispute....NO thank you !!I will certainly post if Alamo drops their rates here, as I am waiting patiently as well
Old 04-17-2013, 07:23 PM   #92
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5boyz View Post
Also try the Visa code if you are booking with visa....I got a car last may for 8 days with visa code and vroom for $102.
I am using my MasterCard, as it doesn't charge me the 2.5% conversion fee on top of the exchange rate like my Visa does. I have an Entertainment Book, though, so I have a $25 coupon from there to apply and save myself a little $$$ .

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! PTR in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2013, 09:08 PM   #93
5boyz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by piglet33 View Post
Thank you so much for posting this code.
You are welcome!
Old 04-18-2013, 10:22 AM   #94
jakeybake
DIS Veteran

I used the Vroom code and got an Economy car for 8 days for $208 total. More than what we spent last year for 7 days but a much better deal since this includes and extra day and collision coverage.

Thanks to all for the info!

J
jakeybake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:29 PM   #95
spd3483
Earning My Ears

Does the vroom code allow you to use the kiosk rather than going to the counter?
spd3483 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:20 PM   #96
5boyz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spd3483 View Post
Does the vroom code allow you to use the kiosk rather than going to the counter?
Yep it does...I check in online and then go get my car and go thru the little booth 5 minutes done and on our way!
Old 04-19-2013, 04:21 PM   #97
MrsDoubtfire
Mouseketeer

Code, savings, and Alamo ???

Last year I was able to score some awesome deals from Alamo using a code from BJ's and a random Visa CC code that I found on here ....

Now that my air is booked, it's time to start my rental car search - so far with most codes, the prices for 12 days is outrageous! Enter to "vroom" code, and the Visa CC code, and my price for a standard car from Alamo drops to almost half. I am psyched about that, HOWEVER, I don't know too much about this vroom code. Do I have to sign up on a certain website?, or present a certain coupon?, are there any "catches" to this great deal? We don't really need an additional driver since DH usually does all of the driving, but it is nice to have - it that an additional fee using the vroom code?

And let's say I make a ressie with the code - if I find a lower price, can I cancel the ressie that I made with the code online, and re-make another - or do I have to call Alamo?

TY for any insight....

Sorry
MrsDoubtfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:02 PM   #98
5boyz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDoubtfire View Post
Last year I was able to score some awesome deals from Alamo using a code from BJ's and a random Visa CC code that I found on here ....

Now that my air is booked, it's time to start my rental car search - so far with most codes, the prices for 12 days is outrageous! Enter to "vroom" code, and the Visa CC code, and my price for a standard car from Alamo drops to almost half. I am psyched about that, HOWEVER, I don't know too much about this vroom code. Do I have to sign up on a certain website?, or present a certain coupon?, are there any "catches" to this great deal? We don't really need an additional driver since DH usually does all of the driving, but it is nice to have - it that an additional fee using the vroom code?

And let's say I make a ressie with the code - if I find a lower price, can I cancel the ressie that I made with the code online, and re-make another - or do I have to call Alamo?

TY for any insight....

Sorry
NO catches you dont have to join any clubs! I am Alamo Insiders so we get the extra driver for free. I have never had a problem changing I do it all the time online.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:11 PM   #99
MrsDoubtfire
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5boyz View Post
NO catches you dont have to join any clubs! I am Alamo Insiders so we get the extra driver for free. I have never had a problem changing I do it all the time online.
@5boyz ... I noticed that you reside in Canada ~ I live in the US. Would that make a difference using the code? And if I do use it, will I be able to use the Alamo kiosk at MCO prior to picking out a car in the airport garage? We did so last year and it was a breeze. TYSM
MrsDoubtfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:57 PM   #100
spd3483
Earning My Ears

I have a question for those that have used this code. When I check for 10 days in January of 2014, I get a price of 334.00 for a standard SUV. There is another price for a standard SUV, but it is more and you do not need a credit card to reserve it. Has anyone come across this? Would you reserve the lower price SUV with a credit card? I also got a message about going to the counter when I arrive. I know I had asked earlier if you can just use the kiosk, Thanks for any input.
spd3483 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:56 PM   #101
5boyz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDoubtfire View Post
@5boyz ... I noticed that you reside in Canada ~ I live in the US. Would that make a difference using the code? And if I do use it, will I be able to use the Alamo kiosk at MCO prior to picking out a car in the airport garage? We did so last year and it was a breeze. TYSM
Honestly that I dont know but I dont think it makes a difference? If you call and ask they will let you know at Alamo. Sorry! Yes it is so easy checking in online going to the row picking your car and going thru the booth...
Old 04-21-2013, 12:58 PM   #102
5boyz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have a question for those that have used this code. When I check for 10 days in January of 2014, I get a price of 334.00 for a standard SUV. There is another price for a standard SUV, but it is more and you do not need a credit card to reserve it. Has anyone come across this? Would you reserve the lower price SUV with a credit card? I also got a message about going to the counter when I arrive. I know I had asked earlier if you can just use the kiosk, Thanks for any input.
I have never reserved with a credit card??? Have never seen that before....
Old 04-22-2013, 02:08 AM   #103
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sounds like the prepay option. The price is lower as they give you a prepay discount. There are two prices on the page, the one on the left is more expensive and you pay when you get there, the one on the right, which states it is the "prepay now", requires you to give them your credit card number. I believe you can use the kiosk. Worst case, you try and if it does not work , you go to the counter.

Last edited by gmeh1; 04-22-2013 at 02:21 AM.
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:38 AM   #104
Gretchen
Mouseketeer

Used the Vroom code for mid size SUV $231.29. Less than half what it was without.
I don't have to show anything, right??
1998 Polynesian 1999 Contemporary
1999 Carribean Beach 2000 DisneyLand Offsite
2002 Wilderness Lodge! 2004 Vistana Resort
2007 Port Orleans Riverside (Dixie Landings!)
2008 All Star Vacation home
2011 Dolphin (Birthday Bash!)
2013 Dolphin
Gretchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:48 AM   #105
Tanooki
Mouseketeer

Found this on the January board while looking for more info on the Vroom Vroom code :

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepooh View Post
FYI - I tried to use the Vroom Vroom code for a reservation with Alamo last week on 10/2 and was refused at the MCO counter. They said it was for European travelers or those with an International drivers license. (I'm from Michigan). I had called Alamo when I made the reservation to see if it was ok to use the code. The guy I spoke with didn't seem to know where the code came from, but assured me it should be ok to use. I had his name, date and time that I spoke with him but it made no difference at the counter.

Luckily I had made a second reservation using the Insiders code just to be safe, so I had a back up reservation. As a courtesy, they did give me the same rate on my Insider reservation as the Vroom Vrooom code which was about a $20 difference.
Needless to say, I cancelled my reservation with that code! Although it might work at the kiosk, I'm not willing to take that chance...
Sept/Oct 1999 : Offsite - My first time, me and dh only Aug 2008 : Offsite (rental home) - First family trip! Aug 2009 : Offsite (rental home) Feb/Mar 2010 : Offsite (rental home) Dec 2010 : First time onsite - At Pop! Feb/Mar 2011 : Onsite at RPR (Universal) Aug 2011 : Onsite at Pop! Aug 2012 : Offsite (rental home) March 2013 : Offsite (rental home) - Family Reunion! August 2013 : Bonnet Creek - August 2014 : Back to Pop for free dining!

Tanooki is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: