Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2013, 06:29 PM   #691
TarrahA
Mouseketeer

Yea I checked their fees & was aware of that. I had thought of bumming a ride but I hate to depend on others & also don't like to put anyone in a bind, but after looking at the estimated fare costs for taxis, I might have to lol. Even with a taxi, we'd be saving about $60 & getting there 2 hrs earlier, but if we could get a friend to even do just one of pick up/drop offs it'd be a good deal more.
TarrahA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:38 PM   #692
disneycrazi
watch your head and step as you disembark

Quote:
Originally Posted by txcpamom View Post
I am so excited I get to join in! DH, DS(9), DD(7), and I just booked our 2nd trip ever from Oct 26-Nov 1. We will be staying at the Poly. I have the flight booked and the deposit made. Now I am working on ADR's. Fingers crossed for a BOG ressie! And free dining!
We just did our resides this morning at 6am. We used all the tips from a post her on DIS and got everything we wanted even BOG.
Biggest helps we're......using the OLD site to reserve the times AND for BOG we used an even number for our party. I know it seems weird but, my DH and I were both on at the same time and I searched for 3 guests and he searched for 4, I got no available times but my husband got the reservation. After we were done I tested this out on a couple other places, odd numbers were fine everywhere but BOG.......good luck and enjoy your trip!
(2003 Day Trip) (2009 April All Star Movies) (2009 September Port Orleans Riverside) (2010 April Caribbean Beach) (2010 Sept Grand Gathering POFQ) (2011 Jan Contemporary) (2011 April All Star Music) (2011 July POP Century) (2012 January All Star Sports)
(2012 Feb One More Disney Day Coronado Springs)
(2012 Sept Animal Kingdom Jambo) (2013 March Old Key West) (2013 October Art Of Animation, Polynesian)
(2014 April off site Fountains Resort)
disneycrazi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2013, 07:22 PM   #693
flinkerfrosch
DIS Veteran

Coming to WDW Oct 17th-27th. If free dining came available, and by chance the dates were the 19th- whenever..curious if a "Room Only" discount came out as well, does the R0 discount normally fall on the same dates as FD or is R0 spread out more?

Thanks!!
flinkerfrosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:01 PM   #694
jska482
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarrahA View Post
I have a general planning question: I'm looking at flights & comparing rates & find that if I were to use spirit airlines for arrival flight & southwest for return flight, I could save between $10-40 per ticket (depending on how many bags we check pp), and get to Orlando 2 hrs earlier than if I were to book RT with southwest. This sounds like the best idea to me but I wanted to get opinions b/c I'm not a big air traveler & not sure how much trouble this would be. Is it terribly cumbersome to use two separate airlines??? The only issue I can see up front is that we'd be flying out of DFW, returning to love field (two diff airports), so we'd be forced to use taxis to get to/from, but that may even be cheaper than paying for parking at one for a week...haven't crunched those #s yet.
Check into a rental car instead of a taxi. Alot of airports have agreements w/nearby ones to waive the one way drop fee. The diff airlines should be ok, as long as to/from airport transport is smooth.
jska482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:37 PM   #695
TarrahA
Mouseketeer

I'm not sure I'm following what you're suggesting - get a rental car for each of the one day trips to and from the airport?
Old 04-22-2013, 06:12 AM   #696
jska482
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I'm not sure I'm following what you're suggesting - get a rental car for each of the one day trips to and from the airport?
Yes. It might not be as practical for your situation depending on your proximity to those airports. For example, we went to LA and flew out of an airport 2 hours south of us, but came back into the airport in our hometown. We rented a car for the one way trip for the departure flight, which was cheaper than flying in/out of our hometown. Also, last Disney trip we flew into Orlando, but departed from Clearwater. We did another one way rental. I know Allegiant air waives the one way rentals car drop fee between those two airports if you rent an Alamo car through them. I hope that helps and isn't too confusing!
Old 04-22-2013, 06:37 AM   #697
scard192
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneycrazi View Post
We just did our resides this morning at 6am. We used all the tips from a post her on DIS and got everything we wanted even BOG.
Biggest helps we're......using the OLD site to reserve the times AND for BOG we used an even number for our party. I know it seems weird but, my DH and I were both on at the same time and I searched for 3 guests and he searched for 4, I got no available times but my husband got the reservation. After we were done I tested this out on a couple other places, odd numbers were fine everywhere but BOG.......good luck and enjoy your trip!
Curious about the even number of guests for BOG, how many are in your party? We will be 5 and if I reserved a table for 6 wouldn't I be charged $10 for the no show on the 6th person?
Old 04-22-2013, 07:21 AM   #698
TarrahA
Mouseketeer

Thanks jska, I get it now no, that wouldn't be best for us, the airports are both in the city & at most, 30 miles from my house so a rental car would cost as much as a taxi & too many hoops to jump thru. But I might look into Clearwater, wasn't aware there were other airports you could fly into! How far is it from Disney? We're staying on site but planning on getting a shuttle/van service to bring us in instead of magical express. Heard the wait time to get to the resort was 2-3 hrs & read in the unofficial guide that private transportation services offer a free stop at a grocery store which we're hoping to utilize. I think the $50 cost each way is worth skipping the wait to get in the resort alone, add milk & fruit access & it's a no brainer for us
Old 04-22-2013, 08:02 AM   #699
amccu18007
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks jska, I get it now no, that wouldn't be best for us, the airports are both in the city & at most, 30 miles from my house so a rental car would cost as much as a taxi & too many hoops to jump thru. But I might look into Clearwater, wasn't aware there were other airports you could fly into! How far is it from Disney? We're staying on site but planning on getting a shuttle/van service to bring us in instead of magical express. Heard the wait time to get to the resort was 2-3 hrs & read in the unofficial guide that private transportation services offer a free stop at a grocery store which we're hoping to utilize. I think the $50 cost each way is worth skipping the wait to get in the resort alone, add milk & fruit access & it's a no brainer for us
You can get both fruit and milk on property and save yourself the private transport money. Also, Garden grocer will drop groceries off to your room for a nominal fee..might be worth looking into for you?
March 11-19, 2009 CSR,March 10-18, 2010 POLY March 2-10,2011 BEACH CLUB, October 23-29,2011 BEACH CLUB March 13-22,2012 Offsite, October 3-6 2012 YACHT CLUB- Presidential suite!!! Whoo-hoo!! October 1-8 2013 POR (First trip for my parents!)June 23-27, 2014 CONTEMPORARY, Oct 17-24, 2014 YACHT CLUB

amccu18007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:35 AM   #700
jska482
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Ok, I gotcha You can fly into Orlando international MCO, from which disney provides magical express transportation. You can also fly into Orlando Sanford, it is smaller and disney does not provide transportation. It is fairly close in the Orlando area. The Clearwater/st Petersburg airport is about 1-2 hours away,so that is possible too but more likely if you plan to rent a car. We like that option because we are staying at Disney 5 days, then going to the beach for 2 days. I've only used magical express once, but we had no issues. It seems like it took 1 hour from flight arrival to resort arrival, which wasn't bad. Good luck!
Old 04-22-2013, 08:45 AM   #701
TarrahA
Mouseketeer

Amccu, is the price on property comparable to regular price or do they gouge? The convenience would be good to get on site, but my real motivator is to get as much time there as possible. If ME is 2-3 hrs to get there, and you have to leave 3 hrs before flight on departure, that's at least 4 hrs cut from Disney time. Considering we most likely wont be going again soon, that's important to us. And if we can beat the ME rush to check in we might get an upgrade wishful dreaming, I know lol
Old 04-22-2013, 08:50 AM   #702
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Amccu, is the price on property comparable to regular price or do they gouge? The convenience would be good to get on site, but my real motivator is to get as much time there as possible. If ME is 2-3 hrs to get there, and you have to leave 3 hrs before flight on departure, that's at least 4 hrs cut from Disney time. Considering we most likely wont be going again soon, that's important to us. And if we can beat the ME rush to check in we might get an upgrade wishful dreaming, I know lol
ME will not take 2-3 hours upon arrival. It should be 90 minutes tops, and that is if you are the last stop in the resort loop for your bus. You would still need to leave Disney 3 hours early in a private vehicle to get to the airport to account for traffic and security lines. I wouldn't be shocked if they temporarily extend the pickup timeframe now that sequestration has hit the airlines.

Last edited by smitch425; 04-22-2013 at 09:01 AM. Reason: typo
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:54 AM   #703
amccu18007
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Not sure on the fruit as we always got some with our meals and brought it back to the rooms but milk was reasonable. It def. would not be worth it to take the time out to shop if those were the only things that you wanted. Also, room assignments are decided weeks before you get there so in reality getting there early wouldn't help you at all IMO. It takes us on average 1 hour to get from plane to resort PLUS we don't have to wait for our bags. You will be waiting 20-30 minutes alone just for that. You can also, depending on the airline, check your bags at the resort earlier in the day and not have to waste time at the airport for that.
March 11-19, 2009 CSR,March 10-18, 2010 POLY March 2-10,2011 BEACH CLUB, October 23-29,2011 BEACH CLUB March 13-22,2012 Offsite, October 3-6 2012 YACHT CLUB- Presidential suite!!! Whoo-hoo!! October 1-8 2013 POR (First trip for my parents!)June 23-27, 2014 CONTEMPORARY, Oct 17-24, 2014 YACHT CLUB

amccu18007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:09 AM   #704
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amccu18007 View Post
Not sure on the fruit as we always got some with our meals and brought it back to the rooms but milk was reasonable. It def. would not be worth it to take the time out to shop if those were the only things that you wanted. Also, room assignments are decided weeks before you get there so in reality getting there early wouldn't help you at all IMO. It takes us on average 1 hour to get from plane to resort PLUS we don't have to wait for our bags. You will be waiting 20-30 minutes alone just for that. You can also, depending on the airline, check your bags at the resort earlier in the day and not have to waste time at the airport for that.
Milk was around $3 for a half gallon. So not cheap but not scary.

bookgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:11 AM   #705
TarrahA
Mouseketeer

Ok, thanks to both of you, definitely things to consider! The wait time was listed as such by the unofficial guide & some other website guides also, but maybe they're at diff times of yr. they cited weekends being the worst times, which we are arriving/leaving on sun/sat so I just expected the worst.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: