Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 09:51 PM   #3256
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
As some of you know, we have 11 nights booked next door at the Atrium Club, but also as some of you know, I'm a bit of a resort changer, (though I have yet to change this trip). The lure of WL/FW is calling and I don't think I can resist - resistance is futile (couldn't find a Borg emote so Darth will have to do). DH is a resort changing enabler so he is happily pushing for the change to WL/CL or a split. I noticed that our CR dates are now fully booked so once I change, there's no going back to CR/CL. What to do
If it were me, I'd consider a split stay since you have a such a long trip. Why not get the best of both worlds?

In other news, we have just added a day to the beginning of our trip! I have no clue how it happened, but DH actually suggested it after vetoing it a week or so ago! So we will now be staying Aug 10-16th. (If you want to update the log, go for it, if not, you'll know I'm there either way! )

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - WL; 2/2015 -POFQ
Old 04-21-2013, 10:27 PM   #3257
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
As some of you know, we have 11 nights booked next door at the Atrium Club, but also as some of you know, I'm a bit of a resort changer, (though I have yet to change this trip). The lure of WL/FW is calling and I don't think I can resist - resistance is futile (couldn't find a Borg emote so Darth will have to do). DH is a resort changing enabler so he is happily pushing for the change to WL/CL or a split. I noticed that our CR dates are now fully booked so once I change, there's no going back to CR/CL. What to do
I say repeat the "SeaRaycer Split" but this time as a Club Level comparison. I am sure Randy would be glad to see you and up to the challenge of outdoing CR. Either way, you will be close by WL and I'm sure you will take the boat over to visit.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2013, 04:35 AM   #3258
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
Well..... Hmmmmm

I think that would be okay. You best start at CR and save the best for last then.

From the tone of your "I think that would be okay," I might just still be in trouble, but seriously, I really appreciate your Lodge spirit and dedication

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingeire View Post
If it were me, I'd consider a split stay since you have a such a long trip. Why not get the best of both worlds?

In other news, we have just added a day to the beginning of our trip! I have no clue how it happened, but DH actually suggested it after vetoing it a week or so ago! So we will now be staying Aug 10-16th. (If you want to update the log, go for it, if not, you'll know I'm there either way! )
Another split vote

Adding a day up front is even more exciting than at the end. Maybe if you ask DH next week, you'll manage to squeeze in another day at the end. I shall amend the Log to reflect your auspicious change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
I say repeat the "SeaRaycer Split" but this time as a Club Level comparison. I am sure Randy would be glad to see you and up to the challenge of outdoing CR. Either way, you will be close by WL and I'm sure you will take the boat over to visit.
"Sea Raycer Split is perfect, and I might just have to use that line if I have a ticker update

Thank you for offering up the two sides of the glass half-full scenario, GC, though I'm not sure how pitting two CL managers against each other will turn out, we might get on their 'no lounge list'
Old 04-22-2013, 09:44 AM   #3259
RedfromNL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
WDWKOOK I actually prefer those spontaneous bathroom breaks - makes for an edgier day. Are you all packed or did you opt for purchasing everything on the QM2? BTW, will you be posting a TR?
See? You're just planning, not over-planning

I haven't packed just yet, but I do have things already laid out, some last minute laundry to finish. I had to buy a small bag to carry on board the boat for the keys, handkerchief small stuff like that (didn't have a black one).

I know what I want to bring, toiletries have been purchased if needed. Like I said, a shoppinglist is ready.

Wednesdayevening we pack everything, should be really easy by then. Thursday we fly to London and on friday we're on the boat!!!

I promiss to post some pics and may even try my hand at an official trip-report

Just need to get through the next few days at work....
Old 04-22-2013, 10:13 AM   #3260
goofynut41
Disney Veteran

To WDWKOOK....
Last I read you had canceled Fort Wilderness... WOW 11 nights sounds wonderful!!! I dont like moving once I get there but if I had 11 nights it would be temping.. Hope you have a wonderful time..

Old 04-22-2013, 10:37 AM   #3261
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
From the tone of your "I think that would be okay," I might just still be in trouble, but seriously, I really appreciate your Lodge spirit and dedication

:
Nahhhh

A CL split stay is definitely . CR and WL will definitely be an interesting comparison.

Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Old 04-22-2013, 02:37 PM   #3262
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofynut41 View Post
To WDWKOOK....
Last I read you had canceled Fort Wilderness... WOW 11 nights sounds wonderful!!! I dont like moving once I get there but if I had 11 nights it would be temping.. Hope you have a wonderful time..
Yes, spring break was to be a FWC, but due to all the sequestration/furlough uncertainty, we canceled. While furloughs are still up in the air for DoD employees, DH assures me he'll be permitted to take vacation this summer no matter what ends up happening. It's great being able to do a split, it's like two vacations in one, but I agree with you that staying in one place, like the Yellowstone Suite, also has its advantages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
Nahhhh

A CL split stay is definitely . CR and WL will definitely be an interesting comparison.

...And by interesting? There you go scaring me again
Old 04-22-2013, 03:28 PM   #3263
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
...And by interesting? There you go scaring me again
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Old 04-22-2013, 11:49 PM   #3264
cmdg
Mouseketeer

1br Villa

Hi there! Does anyone have any experience in a 1br villa? We are trying to decide between that and the deluxe room for our stay in June (I do know that the deluxe will be about $1400 more, but wonder if it is worth it).
Old 04-23-2013, 04:40 AM   #3265
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdg View Post
Hi there! Does anyone have any experience in a 1br villa? We are trying to decide between that and the deluxe room for our stay in June (I do know that the deluxe will be about $1400 more, but wonder if it is worth it).

I don't have any personal experience with the VWL one bedroom, only with BLT (LOVED it, BTW), nor have I stayed in the Deluxe room, (it's never been available with an AP or Military discount), but I can add some comments about the differences.

The Deluxe rooms are located on floors 1-6, so you would be in the WL building and there is a map on the first page with their locations throughout the resort. They have Bay Lake views, which none of the villas really have, except partially through the trees. They have full club level access and amenities, however, none are located on the CL floor. They are about 500 SF and come with two queens and a queen sofa bed in a parlor separated by French doors with a see-through curtain on them. They have two balconies.

The VWL one bedrooms have various views and each has one balcony or patio. They are about 815 SF. The Master has a King bed and is separated by a solid locking door, unlike the Deluxe room. The one bathroom can be accessed by both the bedroom and the living area where the queen sofa is located. It has a whirlpool tub, unlike the Deluxe room. Obviously, there is also a full kitchen and washer/dryer, which the Deluxe room doesn't have.

I look at the $1,400 more than VWL as paying for a better view and CL access and amenities. If a full kitchen, jacuzzi tub, washer/dryer is important to you, then VWL might be better. If you value a Bay Lake/WL Courtyard view, having two balconies and being able to use the lounge and IPO, then I would choose the Deluxe room. You might want to divide the $1400 by the number of days you're staying and look at it from the perspective of what the daily difference is. Maybe you could even try a split stay.

ETA: Just noticed you've already stayed in a Deluxe room and at VWL
Old 04-23-2013, 06:07 AM   #3266
bluecastle
Mouseketeer

Hi all! I know I haven't been around for awhile and I really miss hanging out here!! I was busy getting my tax info together, and then my father-in-law died, so I am just beginning to get back to some semblance of my normal routine.
I will catch up soon, but just stopped by to say that we are now 99 days from departure!!!!
Doing the 2 digit dance this morning!!!! ( carefully, because of my back)
'81 offsite, 4/90 Polynesian, 8/91 Beach Club, 7/92 Pt. Orleans, 10/94 Polynesian, 10/96 Caribbean Beach, 6/00 Wilderness Lodge, 6/02 Portofino/Polynesian, 12/09 Wilderness Lodge, 8/14 Portofino/Villas at Wilderness Lodge
Old 04-23-2013, 09:23 AM   #3267
jenifferf00
Mouseketeer

Our first full day we plan on taking the boat from WL to MK for 8 am EMH.What time do you think we should be at the boat launch to make rope drop? I'm hoping 7:30 will be good enough, but thinking maybe we should head there for 7:15. I'm not a morning person, but am willing to make sacrifices for WDW.

Old 04-23-2013, 10:23 AM   #3268
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenifferf00 View Post
Our first full day we plan on taking the boat from WL to MK for 8 am EMH.What time do you think we should be at the boat launch to make rope drop? I'm hoping 7:30 will be good enough, but thinking maybe we should head there for 7:15. I'm not a morning person, but am willing to make sacrifices for WDW.
I would be at the dock at 7:15am. There is sometimes a line for RP and you might not get on the next boat.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 04-23-2013, 12:11 PM   #3269
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdg View Post
The one bedroom villa will have a king sized bed in the master bedroom and a queen sized sleeper sofa in the living room. One split bathroom with a sink and the jetted tub in the master bedroom and the shower, toilet and additional sink in a separate room. You'll have a stackable washer and dryer in your villa and a full sized kitchen with oven, stove top, full sized refrigerator with freezer, microwave oven and all the dishes, pots and pan you will need.

We were in a two bedroom villa at VWL in January. It was very comfortable. Plus we own there and love the decor. Somewhat rustic and a bit dark. Patio/Balconies are small. Most of the views are trees. A few have the lake through the trees or a glimpse of the pool.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:14 PM   #3270
cmdg
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I look at the $1,400 more than VWL as paying for a better view and CL access and amenities. If a full kitchen, jacuzzi tub, washer/dryer is important to you, then VWL might be better. If you value a Bay Lake/WL Courtyard view, having two balconies and being able to use the lounge and IPO, then I would choose the Deluxe room. You might want to divide the $1400 by the number of days you're staying and look at it from the perspective of what the daily difference is. Maybe you could even try a split stay.

ETA: Just noticed you've already stayed in a Deluxe room and at VWL
Thats a nice way to compare the costs... we've stayed in the VWL studio but never a 1br.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: