Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2013, 11:30 PM   #1816
Sunset Cliffs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Oh how cool that you got to see the zebras there and so many of them! I'm sad I never got to see it and that it didn't work out. How is the recovery going?
Yes, the zebra thing was very cool, but on the next 2 trips through later in the week, there were no zebras at all. Not even one. Very weird since the time that we saw them it was really great. I didn't realize that they are giving up on the idea...?

Recovery is going better than last time. It's been about 2.5 weeks since the surgery and the pain is still there, but tolerable with Tylenol or Aleve. My biggest problem is that I'm still exhausted all the time and I have NO stamina. I went back to work full time last Monday and it takes all of my strength to make it through the day. Then I come home and crash for the rest of the day. Each day I get a little stronger but it will probably be a few more weeks until I'm feeling more normal. I have to say that this time was pretty bad when they took all the stuff out of my nose. I had packing up there this time (I didn't last time) and that was about the most miserable thing I've had to live through in a long time. Getting the stitches & splints out a few days later felt like a piece of cake, in comparison. The other thing is that I didn't have enough cartilage left in my nose b/c of the last surgery, so they had to take some from my ear and put it in my nose. Let me tell you, my ear hurt MORE than my nose for about a week. I still can't sleep on it, but it's getting better too. The doctor told Todd that I shouldn't have to have any more surgeries, and I hope he's right. Thanks for sympathizing, since I know that you know exactly what I'm going through.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:44 AM   #1817
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset Cliffs View Post
Yes, the zebra thing was very cool, but on the next 2 trips through later in the week, there were no zebras at all. Not even one. Very weird since the time that we saw them it was really great. I didn't realize that they are giving up on the idea...?

Recovery is going better than last time. It's been about 2.5 weeks since the surgery and the pain is still there, but tolerable with Tylenol or Aleve. My biggest problem is that I'm still exhausted all the time and I have NO stamina. I went back to work full time last Monday and it takes all of my strength to make it through the day. Then I come home and crash for the rest of the day. Each day I get a little stronger but it will probably be a few more weeks until I'm feeling more normal. I have to say that this time was pretty bad when they took all the stuff out of my nose. I had packing up there this time (I didn't last time) and that was about the most miserable thing I've had to live through in a long time. Getting the stitches & splints out a few days later felt like a piece of cake, in comparison. The other thing is that I didn't have enough cartilage left in my nose b/c of the last surgery, so they had to take some from my ear and put it in my nose. Let me tell you, my ear hurt MORE than my nose for about a week. I still can't sleep on it, but it's getting better too. The doctor told Todd that I shouldn't have to have any more surgeries, and I hope he's right. Thanks for sympathizing, since I know that you know exactly what I'm going through.
Hope you feel a little better each day and will be back to normal very soon!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2013, 12:27 PM   #1818
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Apparently they didn't play nice with the other animals, or even each other. Not really sure, they kept it pretty hush hush.

Quote:
Oh Alison, that sounds awful!!!!!!!!! I was amazed how draining that surgery was, you poor thing. I hope you can get some energy back soon. Your poor ear! I really hope this is it for you, I know it will take time to see how much it's helped or not but I pray it really has done the trick.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:30 PM   #1819
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Sleeping Tigers and Drowned Rats

After our amazing safari, we wandered towards Asia and some rapids, and found this lovely bird tempting us to visit the Flights of Wonder Show

We were tempted but...needed a bio break more than anything, coffees and milks having got up with everyone on our journey

In years past, we have ended our safari's with a journey down the Pagani Trail. Today we needed to go somewhere different, somewhere, somehow, we had managed to miss every trip.

This gentleman welcomed us in

Should we be scared?

That doesn’t look like a Tiger

Darn bats, no one wanted to open their wings all the way. Rats.

Continued in next post

Last edited by eandesmom; 04-21-2013 at 09:37 PM.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:36 PM   #1820
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Sleeping Tigers and Drowned Rats, con't.

Continued from previous

Pretty pretty

Hmmn, something up ahead maybe?

A tiger on the soccer field maybe& (more like a battering ram)

Not a tiger

Walk this way&..

Sleeping Tiger!

What have we here? Inquiring minds want to know!

That ground doesnt look very comfy to me

Continued in next post
Old 04-21-2013, 10:18 PM   #1822
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Sleeping Tigers and DrownedRrats

Continued from Previous

Pretty bird&moving too fast to get a good picture. Wah!

I really dont know where weve been other than to say it really is a travesty that wed never made it down the Maharaja Jungle Trek. It was so wonderful! And while I do like the Pagani trail, it was a great change of pace and so nice to experience something truly new to all of us.

Where to?

Silly question!

Better put the camera away...

Masters of the Mountain

Last edited by eandesmom; 04-29-2013 at 02:22 PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:40 AM   #1823
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

It took us a few visits to get to Maharajah, too - not sure why I think you just miss the signs while walking by, and then realize later that you didn't see the tigers.

I think I hear a Yehti roaring!
Old 04-22-2013, 05:35 AM   #1824
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Oh, how I would love to be in Animal Kingdom on this 15th Anniversary day! We are hoping to be there for the 20th.

Thanks for the great pictures. The owl pictures are fantastic! Tigers are beautiful creatures. You were fortunate to have a tiger roaming around. Quite often, they are all snoozing.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.

Last edited by MeMom; 04-23-2013 at 05:42 AM.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:27 AM   #1825
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Sigh... I think I'm going to have to break down and see the Flights of Wonder Show... I love owls...

Was that a komodo dragon? (I have a little man who'd love to see that...

That wasn't really your first time on the Maharaja Jungle Trail was it? It's stunning... it's actually one of my favorite things in AK... super atmospheric...

you got some great photos... it's too bad the tigers weren't being cooperative... (I've seen some people bang on the windows to try to make them move... like they're animatronic or something...)

Everest coming up... Love some Everest...
Old 04-22-2013, 11:25 AM   #1826
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

I think it took us a couple of visits to AK before we made it on the Maharajah Jungle Trek also. I think the first time we just didn't realize there was anything there, and the second time it was closed for some reason, maybe rain or something. But now I've been on it two or three times. It's a nice trail, I'm glad you folks were able to get there.

I've never seen the komodo dragon all up for a head-on shot like that.

I'm glad you found some active tigers. I was afraid they were all going to be sleeping, from your first few pictures.

So, who got doused on your trip down the Kali River rapids?
Old 04-22-2013, 01:41 PM   #1827
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

glad the tigers got up and were active for you, they are fun to look at when sleeping but alot better when they are active.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 04-22-2013, 02:43 PM   #1828
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
We were tempted but...needed a bio break more than anything, coffees and milks having got up with everyone on our journey
Hmmm... try sitting through a show with a full bladder, or fear the wrath of what looks like a very angry owl. I think you made the right choice.

Quote:
Darn bats, no one wanted to open their wings all the way. Rats.
Yep... they're pretty much just flying rats...

Quote:
Sleeping Tiger!
Glad they had warning signs. He looks very intimidating.

Quote:
This one’s not sleeping!
Now that's the fearsome, majestic cat we all wanted to see.

Quote:
Better put the camera away...
Better hurry! The ride might be over before you can even stash it away!
Old 04-22-2013, 08:41 PM   #1829
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
[FONT="Trebuchet MS"]

Great picture of the owl! Don't you just love the Flights of Wonder show.

And I absolutely love that trail. I think its hard to handle in the heat of summer, but the tiger didn't seem to mind. Holy mega picture update. You got tons of great shots.

Why do I get the feeling that K is going to come off that ride soaked?

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 04-22-2013, 09:22 PM   #1830
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Nice trek- First time down that way Huh? Glad you made it. It really is a beautiful area. Almost makes up for the fact the tigers are usually snoozing.

I am going to guess that K gets soaked too.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back

Last edited by Poolrat; 04-24-2013 at 09:14 AM.

Tags
animal kingdom villas, disney dream, old key west, vero beach resort

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: