Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 11:55 AM   #1921
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Sending letters, calling, or faxing doesn't help to get requests met. Most resorts no longer look at faxes, and in fact only look to see what is noted on the reservation.

Unless you are paying for a certain room category, asking for a specific floor or location is just a request, and cannot ever be guaranteed. Rooms are not assigned until a few days before you are due to arrive, and even then rooms can be changed. The best way to look at it is to be happy if you get a request met, and not be upset if it doesn't. If they can't accommodate you they can't accommodate you, though they usually do try. And it should never be held against a resort if they can't meet a request.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:23 PM   #1922
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
Sending letters, calling, or faxing doesn't help to get requests met. Most resorts no longer look at faxes, and in fact only look to see what is noted on the reservation.
Not a regular in this thread I guess.

But you're right, even though the POR room assignment team most definitely do read and action faxed requests if they can, there are still no guarantees.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2013, 01:28 PM   #1923
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHKristy76 View Post
It sounds like they bent over backwards to help but nothing was good enough. I hope the rest of your trip is magical!
Well, when you travel with a disabled person, "good enough" is not really the point. The issue is making sure we are not in a situation that could end up with dh in the ER. Lack of sleep results inTIAs for him.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:30 PM   #1924
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom
Actually POR and POFQ are the only resorts that do still read and use faxed requests. Some may even get an email from the room assigner confirming their requests have been met. Totally agree they are just requests and should not be counted on.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:50 PM   #1925
maxiesmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
Actually POR and POFQ are the only resorts that do still read and use faxed requests. Some may even get an email from the room assigner confirming their requests have been met. Totally agree they are just requests and should not be counted on.
I knew POR looked at faxes but I was unaware POFQ did so. Still they do not guarantee the requests will be met.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:53 PM   #1926
maxiesmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
Well, when you travel with a disabled person, "good enough" is not really the point. The issue is making sure we are not in a situation that could end up with dh in the ER. Lack of sleep results inTIAs for him.
If you are traveling with someone disabled you should book through the Special Services department. That is the only way to ensure you get your needed location. Otherwise all you are doing is making a request.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:07 PM   #1927
dawgfan
from georgia ya'll

We saw a small gator crossing the road into POR at the bus exit to go to MK last year. He was just moving along like he did not have a care in the world.
POFQ July 2004
POFQ July 2007
WL Villas April 2009
POFQ July 2010
WL Villas March 2011
POFQ April 2011
POR June 2011
Off Site-Best Western LBV June 2012
POFQ-June 2013
POFQ- December Christmas trip 2013
ASMu- April 2014
POFQ-May 2014
Old 04-17-2013, 04:33 PM   #1928
Ness2289
I'm a little lost on this one...
Oooooh! I see now

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I know that it's already been mentioned but I thought that I'd post anyway.....we received a letter today from the General Manager of Disney's Port Orleans Resort regarding our May 21, 2013 stay. The letter read as follows:

Dear Port Orleans Resort-French Quarter Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Walt Disney World resort at your vacation destination.

In order for Disney's Port Orleans Resort to continue to flourish as a magical destination, it is necessary for us to make enhancements from time to time. Therefore, please pardon our appearance as we are currently in the process of refurbishing the French Quarter Lobby for your future enjoyment. We expect the refurbishment to be complete in mid-July.

Please be aware that you may see or hear some of the enhancement work during your stay. We regret any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your understanding.

Thank you and we look forward to your upcoming stay. If you have any questions regarding your reservation, please contact your original booking agent listed on your confirmation letter.

Sincerely,

General Manager, Disney's Port Orleans Resort
Did this letter happen to come in a simple white envelope with Walt Disney World on the left side and the address printed on the back of the envelope? I ask because today, I checked the mail and found a "letter" from Walt Disney World. It was very thin. When I flipped it over, it wasn't sealed (like it never had been), and it was empty. Can you imagine being excited to get a WDW letter only to find out there is no letter!? I would feel better knowing I only missed out on the letter from POFQ about the refurb. But for right now, I'm just a tad irritated...
June/July 2014- Swan & Dolphin/Pop Century, June 2013- Port Orleans French Quarter, April 2011-Disney Dream, June 2010-Pop Century Resort, Mar./Apr. 2008-1st Cruise!!- Land and Sea - Wonder/Polynesian Resort, June 2005- Caribbean Beach Resort, March 2003- Offsite for DD's 1st Trip! , 1997- Offsite, 1993- Offsite, 1981- Offsite
Old 04-17-2013, 04:40 PM   #1929
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness2289 View Post
Did this letter happen to come in a simple white envelope with Walt Disney World on the left side and the address printed on the back of the envelope? I ask because today, I checked the mail and found a "letter" from Walt Disney World. It was very thin. When I flipped it over, it wasn't sealed (like it never had been), and it was empty. Can you imagine being excited to get a WDW letter only to find out there is no letter!? I would feel better knowing I only missed out on the letter from POFQ about the refurb. But for right now, I'm just a tad irritated...
Yes it did. It was sealed though not very well.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 04-17-2013, 05:08 PM   #1930
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
I knew POR looked at faxes but I was unaware POFQ did so. Still they do not guarantee the requests will be met.
Shhhh, don't tell anyone, but POR and POFQ room assignments are actually handled by the same team (the office is just behind the lobby at POR).

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 04-17-2013, 05:20 PM   #1931
Ness2289
I'm a little lost on this one...
Oooooh! I see now

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Yes it did. It was sealed though not very well.
Thanks. Hopefully that is all it was.
June/July 2014- Swan & Dolphin/Pop Century, June 2013- Port Orleans French Quarter, April 2011-Disney Dream, June 2010-Pop Century Resort, Mar./Apr. 2008-1st Cruise!!- Land and Sea - Wonder/Polynesian Resort, June 2005- Caribbean Beach Resort, March 2003- Offsite for DD's 1st Trip! , 1997- Offsite, 1993- Offsite, 1981- Offsite
Old 04-17-2013, 06:16 PM   #1932
NHKristy76
Senior Mousketeer

Quote:

if you are traveling with someone disabled you should book through the special services department. That is the only way to ensure you get your needed location. Otherwise all you are doing is making a request.
exactly!
Old 04-17-2013, 07:38 PM   #1933
Suelala
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
We saw a small gator crossing the road into POR at the bus exit to go to MK last year. He was just moving along like he did not have a care in the world.
!!! Are they seen there very often? Actually, I would love to see one...as long as I saw it before it saw me!
Old 04-17-2013, 09:27 PM   #1934
ncdisneydad
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
Here now. Check in was an ordeal, switched rooms three times and still not satisfied but dh was fading quickly (he is invisibly disabled) and he said to just take it. Online check in really messed us up. So, we have none of our requests, including the request for a quiet room so dh can rest. We ended up in a handicap room which we don't need but I love it and will book handicap in the future. So much safer for older people! We were sent an "apology" gift tote by management with water and snacks, which was nice.
My god people its just a hotel they can't make everyone happy dang just enjoy your at Disney you don't go to Disney for a quiet room
Old 04-17-2013, 09:55 PM   #1935
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncdisneydad View Post
My god people its just a hotel they can't make everyone happy dang just enjoy your at Disney you don't go to Disney for a quiet room
If you had read the poster's subsequent posts you would understand that a quiet room was much more of a necessity than a preference. Some people need a quiet room. There are also families with children on the autism spectrum who need to have quiet and reduced sensory stimulation. Not everyone is there to party all day and night long.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: