Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > WISH Journals
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-16-2013, 04:46 PM   #1
Nanabug02
Look for me in the garden, eating worms

Slow & Steady Wins the Race - My Journey to Lose 101 Pounds (Comments Welcome!)

"Never, never, never give up." ~Winston Churchill~

Starting Weight: 300
Current Weight: 280
Beginning Goal Weight: 199

Hi and welcome to my WISH journal! My name is Nan and I am in the midst of a long journey to lose over 100 pounds. I am currently working towards a loss of 101 pounds, which would get me into Onderland. Eventually, I would like to get to the 150's, but that is too much for me to think about right now.

I started at 300 pounds in September 2012. I have since lost 20 pounds by incorporating exercise and limiting my fast food and soda habit. However, the weight loss has stalled out the last couple of months, mainly because I am struggling a lot with the emotional aspects of eating and my lifelong weight problem. Here is bit of my backstory.

I am 33 years old, happily married, with no children. I have struggled with my weight since puberty. A little over 2 years ago, I was finally diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) & Hypothyroidism, which explained numerous health issues I was having, including infertility and difficulty losing weight. I have been told by numerous doctors that I won't be able to lose weight without following Atkins, or having weight loss surgery. I do not personally agree with either of those options, so I've been struggling & steadily gaining weight over the last several years.

In August of last year, during some routine blood work, my doctor discovered I have a condition called Factor V Leiden, which is a genetic mutation blood clotting disorder. It is now ABSOLUTELY VITAL that I get my weight under control and live a healthier lifestyle. Since then, I have made some positive changes and was seeing progress. But in order to get further with the weight loss, I have to get my emotional eating under control.

So, I'm planning on using this WISH journal as a way to keep track of my progress, and vent out emotional/stressful feelings instead of using food. I have a very stressful job, and I need to learn how to take care of myself and be healthy even when things are beating me down.

Any-who, I appreciate any and all support from my DISfriends! Changing my life is going to take time, but I want this more than anything. I want to have a strong & healthy body to enjoy my life to the fullest!

Last edited by Nanabug02; 04-16-2013 at 05:26 PM.
Nanabug02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: