Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > DIS Adventures by Disney Trips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2013, 10:41 AM   #1411
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb View Post
Given the photos you just posted, I'll just say "darling it's better, down where its wetter, take it from me." So, I hope Jeri's "plunge" is highly successful. I admire someone who is willing to take risks for what he wants to do. I also hope you survive it. . . .
Thanks Jack! So far so good I would say. I'm wading through all the forms the State wants us to have. Gracious, the paperwork! I feel like I need a compass, a map and a seeing eye dog just to get through the labyrinth. Why they can't just use bullet points and say bring these five things and your money I will never understand.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:13 PM   #1412
Minesota
Earning My Ears

I was there, you will have a nice trip
Minesota is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-14-2013, 01:18 PM   #1413
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

Kevin discussed the 2014 DIS exclusive Ireland trip on the podcast today. Is there anyone from our merry band of travelers considering this trip? I'm debating between the Ireland trip and the September trip. The September trip will work out better timing wise...but Ireland has been at the top of my travel wish list for a long time. The Ireland trip also includes my birthday....Happy Birthday to me?

Chropistopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:27 PM   #1414
jcb
always emerging from hibernation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chropistopy View Post
Kevin discussed the 2014 DIS exclusive Ireland trip on the podcast today. Is there anyone from our merry band of travelers considering this trip? I'm debating between the Ireland trip and the September trip. The September trip will work out better timing wise...but Ireland has been at the top of my travel wish list for a long time. The Ireland trip also includes my birthday....Happy Birthday to me?
Cathie has been reading the Irish Times on her Kindle for several years now. Where do you think she wants to go?

I'll drink to Ireland on your birthday.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:31 PM   #1415
Smokey'sMom
Mouseketeer

Me too! I will definitely toast you on your birthday. Buy you a drink even, should you go to Ireland. Twist, twist. Are you still with your trainer? I joined weight watchers. Wish me luck.

Lauren, are you finished with the mountain of paperwork yet? I hope all is going well with Jeri's work.
Cathie
Smokey'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:07 PM   #1416
JWren1234
Disney Adventurer
Steakhouse 55 - Now that is some good dining!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chropistopy View Post
I'm debating both trips as well, not sure which one I'd choose.

Jason
JWren1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:11 PM   #1417
jcb
always emerging from hibernation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWren1234 View Post
I'm debating both trips as well, not sure which one I'd choose.

Jason
How could you chose anything over a trip that includes (at least it has historically included) the opportunity to "taste the good life at the Guinness Storehouse®."

OK seriously, the other trip would undoubtedly be ultra cool too.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:34 PM   #1418
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

Y'all know me, I want to go everywhere! And Ireland is really, really high up on my list. But I've got two kinda issues. 1, I don't know how we're going to be set up money-wise next May. Hopefully great! But Ireland is a big commitment for a hopefully. 2, I've already booked a cruise with Tracey for Alaska over my birthday for that year. (It's over July 29 so feel free to come with!) And I've really been wanting to go to Alaska for a while now and have even booked it before and moved it a couple of times for other things. Plus, Alaska is cheaper than Ireland so that part is nice. No matter what happens I'm not in a position to put down a deposit on May 22 to hold our spots anyway. Not that I haven't spent the last two hours with my trust abacus and computer trying ideas and pricing things out. Ireland is soooo cooooolllll! But Alaska is pretty neato too. Plus, hey, my birthday with bad Disney cake! What's not to love about that I ask ya?!?!?

So that's what's pinging around my head at the moment on Ireland!

Thanks, Cathie, for asking after Jeri. He's been on his own for three weeks now, and so far so good. Things have been very positive and we're legit with the State and the Feds so that's good too. We have a bank account and accept PayPal and everything! I'm still a bit nervous and keeping my fingers crossed. Jeri on the other hand keeps saying gleefully that it's only going to get hotter! I've never seen him so excited for the summer to come before. It's a little disturbing.

PS: I lost 30 pounds with Weight Watchers! You can do it too! I know you can! Good luck!!!!!
Old 05-14-2013, 09:29 PM   #1419
Smokey'sMom
Mouseketeer

Lauren,

Alaska sounds like fun. We went several years ago on Norwegian, and would love to go back on Disney. A great birthday present. I really hope that you and Jeri can (and want to) come on the Ireland trip. It wouldn't be the same without you. I'm glad to hear that all is legit, and more importantly that business is going well. I feel sure that it will get hotter, and so will Jeri's business.

Thanks for the encouragement on WW. I would never have thought that you ever needed to lose even a pound. I'm trying to stay with it and make better food choices. Exercise and staying active seems to matter more than what I eat (within reason) but everyone says the opposite for them.
Cathie
Smokey'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:26 AM   #1420
JWren1234
Disney Adventurer
Steakhouse 55 - Now that is some good dining!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb View Post

How could you chose anything over a trip that includes (at least it has historically included) the opportunity to "taste the good life at the Guinness Storehouse®."

OK seriously, the other trip would undoubtedly be ultra cool too.
The Guinness Storehouse sounds awesome, I love anything involving beer!

I made my decision last night, I'm choosing Ireland. I like the dates of the trip, and that I can save a vacation day by going over Memorial Day. Very excited!

Jason
JWren1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:20 AM   #1421
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey'sMom View Post
Me too! I will definitely toast you on your birthday. Buy you a drink even, should you go to Ireland. Twist, twist. Are you still with your trainer? I joined weight watchers. Wish me luck.

Lauren, are you finished with the mountain of paperwork yet? I hope all is going well with Jeri's work.
Cathie
I am still with my trainer...6 months now. It was one of the best decisions I could have made. The trainer is great and so encouraging! I'm also technically doing WW but have been a little slack lately. I know it works though. Good luck on your WW's journey! You'll do great!

Quote:
The Guinness Storehouse sounds awesome, I love anything involving beer!

I made my decision last night, I'm choosing Ireland. I like the dates of the trip, and that I can save a vacation day by going over Memorial Day. Very excited!

Jason
I'm also leaning toward Ireland over the other trip...but I'm putting my decision off to the last minute.

Lauren - I'm glad things are going well with Jeri's business! He's right...its only going to get hotter. The Alaska trip sounds fabulous. Alaska is also at the top of my wish list. We'll miss you guys on the ABD adventures though...but I do get to see you this December which is a definite plus!

Old 05-15-2013, 07:01 AM   #1422
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
I like the dates of the trip, and that I can save a vacation day by going over Memorial Day. Very excited!

Jason
This was definitely a consideration.

We actually had ABD create a whole new departure designed to include Memorial Day.

While I dont have this issue anymore (I have a great Boss ), I used to slice my vacation days with a razor blade to get the most out of them.

Anytime I can save y'all a vacation day...I do my best.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:02 AM   #1423
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stenogoddess View Post
Y'all know me, I want to go everywhere! And Ireland is really, really high up on my list. But I've got two kinda issues. 1, I don't know how we're going to be set up money-wise next May. Hopefully great! But Ireland is a big commitment for a hopefully. 2, I've already booked a cruise with Tracey for Alaska over my birthday for that year. (It's over July 29 so feel free to come with!) And I've really been wanting to go to Alaska for a while now and have even booked it before and moved it a couple of times for other things. Plus, Alaska is cheaper than Ireland so that part is nice. No matter what happens I'm not in a position to put down a deposit on May 22 to hold our spots anyway. Not that I haven't spent the last two hours with my trust abacus and computer trying ideas and pricing things out. Ireland is soooo cooooolllll! But Alaska is pretty neato too. Plus, hey, my birthday with bad Disney cake! What's not to love about that I ask ya?!?!?

So that's what's pinging around my head at the moment on Ireland!

Thanks, Cathie, for asking after Jeri. He's been on his own for three weeks now, and so far so good. Things have been very positive and we're legit with the State and the Feds so that's good too. We have a bank account and accept PayPal and everything! I'm still a bit nervous and keeping my fingers crossed. Jeri on the other hand keeps saying gleefully that it's only going to get hotter! I've never seen him so excited for the summer to come before. It's a little disturbing.

PS: I lost 30 pounds with Weight Watchers! You can do it too! I know you can! Good luck!!!!!
I expect you to be on the Ireland trip, young lady.

I'm certain that you and Jeri can come up with an unnecessary organ or two.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:23 AM   #1424
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

I keep saying I don't know what I'm going to spend my second kidney on, but it's going to be epic!
Old 05-16-2013, 09:16 AM   #1425
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

I've really got to look into this organ selling thing...sent my request for the Ireland trip this morning.

(my checking account)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: