Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2013, 03:39 PM   #31
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figgygirl View Post
I'm sorry you are not going Ware Bears - it would have been lovely to meet you.
Thank you, I would like to have gone, especially as I'm off work this week, but my dog was very poorly and I couldn't risk planning to be out of the house all day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonjo View Post

These meetings tend to be focused on the financial side of things than operational but I have a feeling a lot of UK shareholders will have a lot of park operational questions tomorrow for the CEO.
Am looking forward to hearing the feedback.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:58 AM   #32
Figgygirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonjo View Post
Hi Figgy we have plans to go for a drink after the meeting with a few members from the Magic Forum and are more than welcome to join us.

These meetings tend to be focused on the financial side of things than operational but I have a feeling a lot of UK shareholders will have a lot of park operational questions tomorrow for the CEO.
Thank you Jonjo - I am looking forward to meeting you and others that I might know from Magicforum.
Figgygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2013, 03:01 AM   #33
Figgygirl
Mouseketeer

Ware Bears - I do hope your dog recovered or recovers.

Cherrymarzipan -glad you enjoyed reading the thread.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:31 AM   #34
dlpSteve
If home is where the heart is then take me back to DLRP - I wanna go home!

Seems like this was more of a courtesy visit rather than one to reveal anything, from what I've read. Though that's probably to be expected.

DLP is in a period of consolidation and have lots of plans for Halloween and Christmas, and no plans to cancel Dreams!, unsurprisingly.

Hotel Cheyenne 07/02, 11/02, 07/04, 12/05, 07/06, 10/06, 10/07 & 09/10 Hotel New York 11/12, 11/13
Hotel Santa Fe 07/05, 11/11 & 05/12 Sequoia Lodge 12/03 - Honeymoon Suite Off Site: 05/13, 11/13

dlpSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:08 AM   #35
Figgygirl
Mouseketeer

I really enjoyed the Round Table, and felt honoured to be able to meet Philippe Gas. I also had a drink and long DLP chat with Jonjo and his wife after the meeting in the hotel bar, which was lovely, and would probably have continued into the early hours if we didn't have trains to catch!
dlpSteve - I have been looking for any reports of the meeting - can you give me a link for ones you have found please?
Old 04-11-2013, 02:09 PM   #36
dlpSteve
If home is where the heart is then take me back to DLRP - I wanna go home!

I read a few bits over at magicforum and from some people on Twitter.

I'm quite gutted not to have been able to go, meeting Philippe Gas would have reward enough

Hotel Cheyenne 07/02, 11/02, 07/04, 12/05, 07/06, 10/06, 10/07 & 09/10 Hotel New York 11/12, 11/13
Hotel Santa Fe 07/05, 11/11 & 05/12 Sequoia Lodge 12/03 - Honeymoon Suite Off Site: 05/13, 11/13

dlpSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:33 PM   #37
Figgygirl
Mouseketeer

I have read a good report on Charactercentral

http://www.charactercentral.net/B522...13RoundUp.aspx

I wrote a short report on our forum -

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTop...le_de_Fra.html
Old 04-11-2013, 04:46 PM   #38
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Just followed your links and read both yours and Dan's reports, Figgygirl. It all sounds very encouraging and I am impressed that this meeting was held in London due to the fact that they listened to a request.

Glad you had such an enjoyable time.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:00 AM   #39
Jonjo
Mouseketeer

It was a very interesting meeting, and it was great fun meeting up with Figgygirl afterwards for a drink in the hotel bar. I will never complaint about bar prices at DLP again.

I took about 4 pages of notes and I'll type these up this weekend. A lot of things that we have discussed ourselves on this forum were brought up at the meeting and it over ran by 30 mins. - Everyone had a lot of things to say.

The Shareholders meeting was being recorded and will be typed up so there will be a record of everything that was mentioned.

Philippe Gas (CEO) and Mark Stead (Chief Financial Officer), were in London to meet with the institutional investors in the City (pension fund holders ect) where it was discussed that Euro Disney shares are under valued.

I was quite surpised that the majority of questions were operational and not finacial. I understand the Round Table meetings held in France are more about numbers that the parks themselves so this was very good.

One interesting thing I found out was that the Shareholders club is only run by two CM's and one of these Olivier Lambert was at the meeting and it was nice to finaly put a face to the name.

I did mention the problem with the lack of seperate disabled toilets at WDS and Phillippe, Mark and Olivier all made a clear note of this. After the meeting I gave Olivier more details of the problems that one of our forum members has and he said it will be looked into. So maybe there is still time to build one at the new Ratatouille ride?

I've noticed at Dan over on Character Central has posted some notes and Figgygirl too.

Olivier is arranging for more round table meetings to be held around Europe with the next non French one possible being held in Belgium.

It was a very fun and relaxed meeting and we found out that Philippe actualy played one of the Characters when he worked at Walt Disney World.

Last edited by Jonjo; 04-12-2013 at 04:06 AM.
Jonjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:05 AM   #40
katiesam
Mouseketeer

Liked your thread telling us about your experiences Figgygirl - I wasn't aware of the forum on tripadvisor but it looks like another interesting one

Looking forward to reading your report too Jonjo, thanks again for giving us the chance to pass on questions/comments

Last edited by katiesam; 04-12-2013 at 11:06 AM. Reason: spelling
katiesam is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: