Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2013, 11:20 PM   #29
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPrice View Post
Hi Dani, I'm so stoked! I just booked my reservation at Desert Inn for my summer trip. Thanks so much for your advice and awesome DLR TR :D -Amanda
That is so exciting that you are staying at Desert Inn! I hope you enjoy it; we thought it was great for the price!!

I'm so glad my TR helped out and I hope you guys have an AMAZING trip this summer!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyergrad09 View Post
I love all of the Christmas-ifications they do to the rides at DL! I wish they did more of that at WDW, but I agree with your point about first time visitors to WDW not being able to see the rides in their original states.

Somehow I missed that they had changed the sleds on the Matterhorn, and even though they look a little cramped, I am SO glad that they changed them! When my family went to Disneyland in 2010, I wound up straddling my brother on the Matterhorn, and while I loved the ride, it wasn't a comfy situation at all!

You guys definitely made the right choice in doing the non-swinging side of Mickey's Fun Wheel, or as I call it, Mickey's Not-So-Fun Wheel (I have other choice words for it too... lol). My brother and I did the swinging side, while my parents and sister did the non-swinging side, and aside from my mom and sister's fear of heights, they loved it. And I thought I was going to either die or lose my breakfast all over the nice foreign men in the cage with my brother and I!

I've always wanted to do a tour in one of the parks, and yours sounds like fun! Isn't there a tour that's more or less designed for a Disney expert? I don't know if they have it at DL, but I'm pretty sure they do at WDW. I think I'd get bored with the exact tour you guys did. But holy cow, the lighting of IASM is so beautiful! If I ever see it in person, I'm going to be a puddle of emotions.

Gah, I love WoC so much! I just watched a video of it on YouTube the other day. The Lion King part? Oh man! So good, but so sad! I haven't seen it with the Brave clips in it... all the more reason to go back, right?

Your video is so good! Do you film clips using your regular camera? They always look so clear & crisp!

And now, back to your current TR! :D
I totally agree, they do an AMAZING job in Disneyland! But yeah, I think it'd just be really hard to do it in WDW.

Bahaha, yeah, I'm definitely glad they changed them to make your seat a bit more personal. It's definitely cramped but absolutely doable!

Oh my gosh, I am never ever going on the swinging side. It just looks so terrifying! I give you credit for doing it, because me? NOPE.

The tour we did was fun! I think we would've enjoyed it more if it wasn't raining and it had been maybe during our first day in the parks. I bet they have some good tours for people who have done at least some research on the parks. And yes, the lighting of IASW was unreal. I still get chills when I re-watch that video!

World of Color really is awesome! The addition of Brave was absolutely fantastic. I'd love it if they'd include Wreck-It Ralph, too! But yes, clearly more reasons to go back.

Thank you! I filmed everything on my DSLR, a Nikon D5100. That definitely helped out with getting some great clips!

Thanks again for reading this one and commenting. OH! and if you haven't noticed, we are indeed going back in November to Disneyland! YAYAY!!
danimaroo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: