DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-09-2013, 07:25 PM   #10
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMIA View Post
I wasn't talking about anyone in particular. I don't bother to read any of these "analyses" anymore, and I haven't read any of the scenarios in this thread for more than a few seconds. My eyes glaze over.

My initial reaction to DVC was similar to yours. I took the tour alone, and immediately decided I wanted to buy. Fortunately for my family, I didn't -- instead deciding to go home and research.

A random Google search led me to the DIS, and the info I gained here led me to make my first purchase resale. I later bought an add-on direct because of the numbers -- it actually WAS a better deal than buying resale (that was in 2005, I think). That's actually the only time I've looked seriously at the numbers for my own purchase.

I can crunch the numbers with the best of them. I can prove anything with numbers, but I didn't bother. It really was not important.
I generally do read the thread's I post to but occasionally if one is long, I may offer my opinion based on the OP if I'm sure of my position. I believe I've always stated when that was the case. However, I've more started simply offering my view or opinion without trying to offer complicated reasons trying to convince people that don't want to be confused with real information, knowledge or experience. After all it's my opinion people can take it or leave it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: