Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 04:51 AM   #16
Jonjo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiesam View Post
Jonjo - if there isn't time for all the questions, do you have the opportunity to leave a list for them to get back to you with the answers at a later date?

Which leads me to wonder if there'd be any scope for a permenant method for shareholders to ask questions/raise issues/make suggestions. Perhaps an official shareholders forum or a dedicated email address? Does anything like this already exist?
I will be sending them by email in advance of the meeting. So those they can not answer on the day or need more detailed replies will get answered later.

If you have any Shareholder questions/raise issues/make suggestions just email the Shareholders Club, that is what they are there for. If they do not know the answer they will pass it on to a department that does.
Jonjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:15 AM   #17
aliscrapper
DIS Veteran

Thank you so much Jonjo for voicing all our questions on our behalf to the shareholders round table.

Could you ask about the possibility of a photopass like they have in WDW for the DLP photographers photo's with characters. I know they trialled something similar but haven't read whether they plan to put in something like this in the long term. Also when we went to Meet Mickey the DLP photographer was just finishing for the day and we found a lot of the time we queued to have our photo taken and no official photographer. This seems to be a recent thing??
aliscrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2013, 12:00 PM   #18
katiesam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonjo View Post
I will be sending them by email in advance of the meeting. So those they can not answer on the day or need more detailed replies will get answered later.

If you have any Shareholder questions/raise issues/make suggestions just email the Shareholders Club, that is what they are there for. If they do not know the answer they will pass it on to a department that does.
Thanks Jonjo, that's great

Look forward to seeing what you manage to find out
katiesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:18 AM   #19
HFJohnson
DIS Veteran

I've just realised this is coming up this week - wish I could go along!

Others have already mentioned the poor organisation of character meets so the only other thing I would like to ask about is their smoking policy. Personally I think smoking should be completely banned in the parks however until they decide to introduce this (if they ever do) I would like to know what they plan to do about the prevalence of smoking outside the designated areas. This is one of the most common complaints I read about in trip reports and I think we would all like to see the CMs being more proactive.

Looking forward to hearing how it went!
Old 04-08-2013, 12:26 PM   #20
jillrobinson
I will be very angry if there are any attractions or places off limits
DS got a Hi 5 from Simba
My real persona is maleficent mum

You already have a long list, but if you get the chance:
Reading here and on another forums including the french DCP forum I know I'm not alone in thinking that this Summer seasons prices are rather high, couple this with the lack of shows, specifically the loss of Tarzan and Fantillusion, is he not worried that returning guests myself included are going to come away pretty disillusioned with DLP, that's if they bother to book at all.

Is there any chance we can have more notice of refurbs and closures, 6 months would be nice.

Can we have an ETA for Ratatouille

Hope you enjoy the experience
March 2004 Liam's 5th Birthday at Cheyenne *** October 2004 Spooky Halloween at Santa Fe *** March 2006 My big 40 & Liams 7th Birthday at Newport Bay Club *** March 2007 Jamie's 13th Birthday & VIP Press Launch for DLP's 15th Anniversary at Sequoia Lodge *** November 2007 Christmas Season at Sequoia Lodge *** March 2009 Liam's 10th Birthday at Cheyenne *** January 2010 Practically Perfect stay at Hotel New York *** October 2010 Our not so scary stay at Cheyenne ***January 2012 Jack's 5th Birthday surprise at Santa Fe***July 2013 Disney Dreaming at Cheyenne***

jillrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:20 AM   #21
ThBa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiesam View Post
Hi Jonjo,

I don't know if this has been covered/answered elsewhere but are there any plans to introduce more benefits for shareholders now that the number of shares needed to join the shareholders club has increased and it therefore costs more to be a member?
Perhaps too late but for me this is a really good question.

Shareholder with 100 shares = 15%

Dream passport with no shares = 20%

Somehing is wrong....
Old 04-09-2013, 07:43 AM   #22
Iain Chapman
Are we back at DLRP yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThBa View Post
Perhaps too late but for me this is a really good question.

Shareholder with 100 shares = 15%

Dream passport with no shares = 20%

Somehing is wrong....
It feels wrong, but if you look at it from the company angle then I think they would argue something along these lines:

A Dream Passport owner will pay their €200 for the 12 months. At the end of 12 months they will potentially pay another €200 for a further 12 months.

A shareholder however put it's money into the company once - and then has forever to access the discount.

Now I realise in reality this is not how it works. A Shareholder is likely to then spend a small fortune in order to visit (travel, hotels, tickets/annual passports) and is likely to keep on visiting after the Dream owner has perhaps given up.

But, I wonder if this is the way they look at it.

Iain.
Holiday Inn.........April 2006.....(3 nights / 4 days..2 Rooms....................6 People)
Sequioa Lodge.......December 2006..(4 nights / 5 days..2 Montana Rooms............6 People)
Sequioa Lodge.......November 2007..(5 nights / 6 days..1 Montana Lake Side Room...4 People)
Sequioa Lodge.......December 2008..(4 nights / 5 days..2 Montana Lake Side Rooms..6 People)
Magic Circus Hotel..July 2009......(2 nights / 3 days..1 Room.....................4 People)
Cheyenne............October 2009...(4 nights / 5 days..1 Room.....................4 People)
Newport Bay Club....November 2009..(2 nights / 3 days..1 Room.....................4 People) ** Ford 'Follow the Magic' Competition **
Hotel New York......December 2010..(4 nights / 5 days..1 Room.....................4 People) ** Actually turned into 5 nights / 6 days due to the snow **
Dream Castle Hotel..August 2011....(2 nights / 3 days..1 Room.....................4 People)

Until we are back....
Hotel New York......December 2013..(4 nights / 5 days..1 Room.....................4 People)
Iain Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:42 AM   #23
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

I couldn't think of anything that hadn't already been mentioned ..... hope you have an enjoyable experience.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:05 PM   #24
Figgygirl
Mouseketeer

Hi Jonjo and DLP DISboarders,

I don't get the time to post on this forum very often, as I am always very busy as Destination Expert on the Trip Advisor Disneyland Paris forum which takes up most of my time when I am not working or sleeping! I do follow posts on here when I get the chance though, to see what you guys are discussing and have given links for some of your very useful threads on our Forum.

I will be at the Shareholders Round Table Event tomorrow, so would be more than glad to join you for a drink and DLP chat afterwards.

We have had a similar thread on our forum discussing changes or improvements that posters would like to see in Resort, and many have the same opinions and suggestions as posters on here, plus some really great ideas. Posters here may find it interesting -

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTop...de_France.html

Kind Regards to all,

Figgy.

Last edited by Figgygirl; 04-09-2013 at 12:11 PM.
Figgygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:36 PM   #25
netimka
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iain Chapman View Post
It feels wrong, but if you look at it from the company angle then I think they would argue something along these lines:

A Dream Passport owner will pay their €200 for the 12 months. At the end of 12 months they will potentially pay another €200 for a further 12 months.

A shareholder however put it's money into the company once - and then has forever to access the discount.

Now I realise in reality this is not how it works. A Shareholder is likely to then spend a small fortune in order to visit (travel, hotels, tickets/annual passports) and is likely to keep on visiting after the Dream owner has perhaps given up.

But, I wonder if this is the way they look at it.

Iain.
I dont know really because even thought you are shareholder you still need to buy a ticket to park in any form single, pass or with hotel... so its not you are spending less, it will be the same with shares on top of it...
Old 04-09-2013, 01:32 PM   #26
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figgygirl View Post
I will be at the Shareholders Round Table Event tomorrow,
Hope you enjoy the experience too.

BTW, was just reading through the thread you'd linked and you're just up the road from me - cue it's a small world!!
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:41 PM   #27
Figgygirl
Mouseketeer

I'm sorry you are not going Ware Bears - it would have been lovely to meet you.

This recent Trip Report on our DLP forum highlights some problems that really do need addressing in Resort. First time visitor, had a dreadful experience. So sad.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTop...a_Vallee_.html
Old 04-09-2013, 01:47 PM   #28
Figgygirl
Mouseketeer

We have also had some recent TRs from people taking disabled children or adults who also had a very disappointing experience - special adapted very expensive pushchair stolen, rude and unhelpful Cast Members. Problems using the Easy Access Card or Disability Card. Security checks CMs even tried to put a feeding bag ( connected to a child's stomach by tube) through the Xray machine, arguing in French with the parent who was trying to explain!!
It just should not happen....
Old 04-09-2013, 03:23 PM   #29
Jonjo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hi Jonjo and DLP DISboarders,

I will be at the Shareholders Round Table Event tomorrow, so would be more than glad to join you for a drink and DLP chat afterwards.
Hi Figgy we have plans to go for a drink after the meeting with a few members from the Magic Forum and are more than welcome to join us.

These meetings tend to be focused on the financial side of things than operational but I have a feeling a lot of UK shareholders will have a lot of park operational questions tomorrow for the CEO.
Jonjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:27 PM   #30
cherrymarzipan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We have had a similar thread on our forum discussing changes or improvements that posters would like to see in Resort, and many have the same opinions and suggestions as posters on here, plus some really great ideas. Posters here may find it interesting -

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTop...de_France.html

Kind Regards to all,

Figgy.
There are some brilliant ideas on your link, thank you! I particularly like the loyalty points scheme for frequent hotel guests, EMH for BTM, EMH in Studios too, Peter Pan show back on pirate ship, fridges in rooms, more double plus 2x single bed configurations and an onsite apparthotel within walking distance (any space left for this?) would be perfect. Lots of things I hadn't thought of.

Last edited by cherrymarzipan; 04-10-2013 at 02:06 AM.
cherrymarzipan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: