DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2013, 07:51 PM   #1
AInWonderland
As the monorail attendant says "Don't go inside until the doors open"

Paying dues

If you add on through Disney when do you pay the dues?

AInWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:10 AM   #2
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AInWonderland View Post
If you add on through Disney when do you pay the dues?
For your first year you will owe dues from the later of your purchase date, the date of your initial Use Year or the occupancy date of the Unit you purchase. They will bill you about a month after you close on your purchase. You will either need to pay in full at that time or, if you arranged to have your dues withdrawn monthly from a US bank account, they will begin transferring funds from your bank account at that time. (By the time those monthly debits begin, you will be about 2 months behind in your payments so they will debit N+2 months worth of dues over the remaining N months of the year.)

Starting with your second year of ownership, you will pay your annual dues in full in January or "pay as you go" via monthly debits from your bank account.
Register to remove

Old 04-08-2013, 10:27 AM   #3
WDWLayla
Earning My Ears

Good question... I had the same query. I just finished all my paperwork for my dvc purchase. I received 2012 points and in August will receive 2013 points. When might I need to start paying my dues and will I owe from March or from closing?
WDWLayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:12 PM   #4
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWLayla View Post
Good question... I had the same query. I just finished all my paperwork for my dvc purchase. I received 2012 points and in August will receive 2013 points. When might I need to start paying my dues and will I owe from March or from closing?
In the year of purchase, dues are pro-rated from the later of your purchase date, the start of your initial Use Year and the occupancy date of the Unit you purchased. (Occupancy date applies only to resorts under construction.)

Since you got current UY points with your purchase, your initial UY must be August 2012 so your purchase date in March 2013 determines the start date of your dues. You will owe dues for the number of days left in the year from your purchase date until Dec 31, 2013. You won't be billed until about a month after you close but the amount will be based on your purchase date.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: