DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-06-2013, 11:13 PM   #9
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docmom View Post
When you book SSR can your request a certain section? I think the contract ends in 2054 for that one. I'm using 28-29 years vs 40-41 years to compare. I'd be close to 90 at 41 years but could pass on to the kids! In that case can a contract be split between the heirs if the main owners die? And for that matter is it joint tenancy for the original so if one spouse dies there are no tax or estate issues?
Keeping a contract full term is a lot of years vacationing at Disney which is a very expensive vacation. Coming up with the money during our working years is on thing but after retirement it can be a challenge.

I did a study and our 300 point BCV contract, kept to full term with travel, food tickets and extras with inflation will add up to over $250,000.

Living a contract to heirs can be an issue also. Who knows what Disney will be like then, who will own WDW, and will your heirs appreciate your gesture or will they be upset because they have to deal with selling a contract that they have no interest in and it may cost more to sell it than it's worth.

Bill

disneynutz is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: