Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2013, 09:37 AM   #3376
cogero
DIS Veteran

I started in 2010 with a 4 x 4 SE-400 and quickly upgraded in 2011 with a 770 and then still wanted a larger hoop so I then upgraded again in late 2011 with a Duetta 4500, which I bought for a fabulous deal on ebay.

Seriously go with the largest hoop you can afford. I love having the option of a 6 x 10 even though I use mostly a 5 x 7.

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Christmas & My Happy Place Equals Perfection. - A Dec 2011 PTR
cogero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:30 AM   #3377
dianemom2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogero View Post
I started in 2010 with a 4 x 4 SE-400 and quickly upgraded in 2011 with a 770 and then still wanted a larger hoop so I then upgraded again in late 2011 with a Duetta 4500, which I bought for a fabulous deal on ebay.

Seriously go with the largest hoop you can afford. I love having the option of a 6 x 10 even though I use mostly a 5 x 7.
Totally agree with this. I also started with a 270d which has a 4x4 embroidery field. Within 6 months I upgraded to a used Babylock Ellageo that had up to a 6x10 inch field. I ran it hard for about 5 years. Then upgraded to a Duetta 4000d which I bought for a fabulous deal on ebay. The best part is that I sold the Ellageo on ebay when I was done with it and I made back more than I paid for it!

dianemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-06-2013, 12:08 PM   #3378
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianemom2 View Post
Totally agree with this. I also started with a 270d which has a 4x4 embroidery field. Within 6 months I upgraded to a used Babylock Ellageo that had up to a 6x10 inch field. I ran it hard for about 5 years. Then upgraded to a Duetta 4000d which I bought for a fabulous deal on ebay. The best part is that I sold the Ellageo on ebay when I was done with it and I made back more than I paid for it!
Wow, I didn't realize you made money on your Ellageo! That's awesome! I see machines on ebay all the time at really good deals. I do think that's the way to go.

In case anyone is interest, Applique Momma (http://www.appliquemomma.com/) has all her designs at 60% off. I got a bunch of her designs a while back on a good sale. Here's one I just stitched out a few minutes ago. I don't particularly like the colors I used, but it stitches out nicely.

Old 04-06-2013, 03:53 PM   #3379
goteamwood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrxtc View Post

I don't have a little girl (yet) either but luckily my SIL and DSister have little girls to sew for. I am making my niece's 1st birthday outfit this week and also making another fun dress for her 1st pictures. I can't wait until my DSister gives birth and I can make her daughter stuff. She loves her some princesses !!

Warning, Do not go into Target at 75% off. They had some cute Disney baby things in the Easter stuff.

$1.49 for bibs and less for the rest.
OK those are ridiculously cute and for less than $1.49 each is a steal. I have a friend who regularly watches my kids and she and her husband are ready and hopeful to have their own soon, so she bought a Monsters Inc Onesie set at Target this week for $2 for 2 outrageously adorable onesies. Can't pass up a deal like that, baby or no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittette View Post
Yeah!! People who won't roll their eyes when I talk about tutus and who will understand my dilemma when I say I have more ideas for outfits than we will have days at Disney (what to do, what to do?) I live with all males (even the dogs), and unfortunately my boys are too old to force them to wear cute stuff (16 and 19). Luckily, my sister moved nearby with her little girl (4), and she (my sister) has no interest in sewing or shopping, so I do get to make pretty things now.
I haven't read much of the thread yet. Wanted to subscribe so I wouldn't lose it. But I will be looking at your pics and eventually posting my own.

BTW, sorry if my signature seems a bit boring; I had to turn them off because there's too much flashing and blinking on them (migraines for me) so I haven't spent any time on my own since I wouldn't see it anyway.
I ran into the same issue of more outfits than we had days at Disney, but it came in handy since we did require a few wardrobe changes since my boys are 3 and quite messy. (Like fell asleep eating a mickey bar messy.) We don't have any definite plan for going back and I am already thinking of what outfits I could make if/when we do...

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
GOTEAMWOOD: I read your blog and it made me cry. What a touching story. Now I hope that quilt will be used by your friend to keep her aunt close in a way nothing else might. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks. I am sorry I made you cry. Within the last few weeks though I have had two people ask me to make custom outfits for their kids and both didn't want to pay my reasonable-for-handmade (I think) price, I am glad there are people who do appreciate the love, sweat and tears than go into making things with your own two hands.

And, the big news, I did get a new machine! I went this morning and worked my shift at the twins resale, then drove 45 minutes to the Expo and quickly checked out the Brother Dream Maker VE2200 and left the expo hall with it. Truth be told it was $200 more than the Babylock I tested out Thursday, but Brother is what I am used to (though I know they aren't that different) and their finance option was better. I did look into the 6-needle, but even with the expo discount I just couldn't justify it for my tiny little operation. I did chuckle when they were telling me that it came with the software that is usually $3000, plus a stand, plus classes, etc. And added, "Oh and scissors" so they tried to sweeten the deal with scissors. Which, for the record, they also gave me with the half-that-price machine. (it was actually a scissor set with like 8-9 different styles of scissors.) I did talk with the lady who does all their training on the multi-needles and she and I both agreed that for my volume and style which is mostly applique, the 7x12 single needle would be great.
Plus I am delighted to say I went to the resale with 7 bins of clothing, toys and shoes plus a couple larger items and came home with 1/2 a bin of clothes, 2 toys and 1 pair of shoes. So I got rid of a ton of clutter too!
Right now I need to rearrange my sewing room and get that new machine set up!
Jen

goteamwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:24 PM   #3380
PurpleEars
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yeah!! People who won't roll their eyes when I talk about tutus and who will understand my dilemma when I say I have more ideas for outfits than we will have days at Disney (what to do, what to do?) I live with all males (even the dogs), and unfortunately my boys are too old to force them to wear cute stuff (16 and 19). Luckily, my sister moved nearby with her little girl (4), and she (my sister) has no interest in sewing or shopping, so I do get to make pretty things now.
I haven't read much of the thread yet. Wanted to subscribe so I wouldn't lose it. But I will be looking at your pics and eventually posting my own.

BTW, sorry if my signature seems a bit boring; I had to turn them off because there's too much flashing and blinking on them (migraines for me) so I haven't spent any time on my own since I wouldn't see it anyway.
Welcome! I don't have any children of my own to sew for, but I sew for myself and other kids. I look forward to seeing pictures of your creations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminykrikkit View Post
Are we posting stash pics?

Here are some of my sewing room...

sewing room reorganization by doodledodesigns, on Flickr

This is my room, those boxes along the bottom hold my stash. I'm a quilter first and foremost, so that's mostly quilting cottons broken down into colors. There's a cubby on the left that holds large cuts and all my apparel fabric is behind that.

Fabric Storage by doodledodesigns, on Flickr

That's some detail of how I organize my quilting cottons. See the hidden Mickeys?
Wow! You room is very organized. Only if my room is that clean...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminykrikkit View Post
So cute! And so nice of you to do them.
Quote:
Those are so sweet Flora! And it was so nice of you to make them and send them to the poster. I remember her asking about bags for the stroller. I am sure her girls must have loved those bags!

Very cute! I did a Rapunzel style dress a few months ago. I will see if I can find a picture to post. I don't think that you need to get the exact same pattern. I would just get any peasant style dress pattern because her ideas can easily be transferred.
Here is the Rapunzel dress that I did with CarlaC's peasant dress pattern. It wasn't anything fancy. My niece wanted a Rapunzel dress to play dress up in so I whipped one up with some fabric I found on sale.
Quote:
I love those bags! Great job and as always, such a generous heart!
Thanks everyone. The bags were inspired by ~D's work a little bit in so much as I quilted the outside material and did the applique. I hope the family will have a great trip. There is a picture of the girls with the bags on their PTR.

Diane - that Rapunzel dress looks beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogero View Post

Quote:
As someone who used a 270D for over 5 years before upgrading, I would agree that you want to get the largest hoop you can afford. I had a serious case of hoop envy as my machine only did 4x4. Having said that, depends on the types of project you do, you could manage with a 4x4. Genie (my embroidery machine) can do up to 7x14, which is very nice as I plan to use him to do some quilting too. I have used all 4 hoops that came with my machine, though I agree that the 5x7 is the one that gets used the most often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goteamwood View Post
And, the big news, I did get a new machine! I went this morning and worked my shift at the twins resale, then drove 45 minutes to the Expo and quickly checked out the Brother Dream Maker VE2200 and left the expo hall with it. Truth be told it was $200 more than the Babylock I tested out Thursday, but Brother is what I am used to (though I know they aren't that different) and their finance option was better. I did look into the 6-needle, but even with the expo discount I just couldn't justify it for my tiny little operation. I did chuckle when they were telling me that it came with the software that is usually $3000, plus a stand, plus classes, etc. And added, "Oh and scissors" so they tried to sweeten the deal with scissors. Which, for the record, they also gave me with the half-that-price machine. (it was actually a scissor set with like 8-9 different styles of scissors.) I did talk with the lady who does all their training on the multi-needles and she and I both agreed that for my volume and style which is mostly applique, the 7x12 single needle would be great.
Plus I am delighted to say I went to the resale with 7 bins of clothing, toys and shoes plus a couple larger items and came home with 1/2 a bin of clothes, 2 toys and 1 pair of shoes. So I got rid of a ton of clutter too!
Jen
Congratulations on your new machine Jen! Please post a picture and the name of the machine! I am super excited for you. I hope the new machine will enable to create more!

Also happy to hear that the sale went well and you were able to get rid of clutter (and help other families out)!

Our Disney trips:
May 2006 - All Star Music
Jan 2007 - Pop Century
Jan 2008 - Pop Century // Sept 2008 - Pop Century (Free Dining!)
May 2009 - Coronado Springs // Oct 2009 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining again!)
Feb 2010 - Port Orleans French Quarter // Aug 2010 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining, round 3!)
Apr 2011 - Disneyland - Hilton Anaheim // Aug 2011 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining #4)
Feb 2012 - Disneyland - Ramada Plaza // Aug 2012 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining #5)
Dec 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter (Free Dining #6)
PurpleEars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:52 PM   #3381
NiniMorris
DIS Veteran

First of all I already know I am crazy!

I do not do well in heat. I take some meds that make me have terrible problems when I get too hot (which happens very easily) This is the main reason we go to Disney in the cooler months, because the last time we went in September I came pretty close to ending up in the hospital.

Now, with that information, you also need to know that I am older than most of you. I have 5 kids ranging in age from 11 to 35...

My youngest daughter is turning 13 in June...and we promised her a short trip to Disney for her birthday. The trip is booked, dining is planned, so we really have no way out of it! LOL!

We are only going to go to one park...one day...Magic Kingdom. We will arrive the previous day and spend the day at the pool (CSR) and leave th day after the park day ...probably heading to the beach. (which is not a problem for me heat wise the water keeps me cool)

I plan on taking a misting fan, my chilly pads, a water bottle (and I know about asking for free ice water at fountain drink places), and we will be taking a break after lunch to swim at the resort for a few hours.

But I am starting to panic... please give me your best hot weather touring suggestions!

Nini

Mom to Brianna and Damien
Grandma to Alyssa and Amelia
My four little reasons for Disney

Etsy id: QuiltsbyNini
http://quiltsbynini.blogspot.com/

2012? No Problem...but when?

NiniMorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:08 PM   #3382
Gryffinclaw
Earning My Ears

Help digitizing

Hi all,

Long-time lurker, occasional poster...

I need some assistance. I am looking for recommendations on some type of digitizing software that will allow me to merge files. I have heathersue's disney font and I want to merge the letters to make names. I am trying to personalize my FE gifts for our upcoming cruise if I can. Also, I have a Mac... any suggestions?? How time consuming is it to simply merge letter files to make names?? Thanks!!!

Gennie

Gryffinclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:13 PM   #3383
sewmess
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Welcome!! Have fun making pretty things...and remember to show them off!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellePrincessBelle View Post
I bought the He1 last week & I love it. I have the 270D so it's basically the same minus the sewing function adding the updated feature of it hooking right up to my computer to download designs. I'm loving it.
That makes me feel better about what I just did...I broke down, with a little prodding by DH, and bought a PE550 from Amazon for about $30 less than the HE1 I was looking at. Yes, it's only a 4x4, and I may be getting some symathetic, friendly "I told you so" in a few month when I get hoop envy, but it was in the budget, and it's a reward/prod to get me to finish cleaning my sewing room.

I should get it by Wednesday...we'll se what happens then. I'm a little excited.
'90:School 3 days at 3 parks + 3day Diz cruise (pre DCL) 2004: POP, 6 months after wedding to DH 2006: ASMovies DSis 50th b'day 2008: POR Herding Cats (Apr) 2008: ASMovies Redo/Freezing Bits Off (Nov) 2009 & 2010: CBR just DH & me 2011: CBR Herding Different Cats 2012: CBR Alone Again, Happily 2013: Time Out from the YotS 2014: Sick Trip
sewmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:20 PM   #3384
sewdisney
Mouseketeer

Jen[/QUOTE]

CONGRATS! It is so exciting to get a new machine. It is awesome you got rid of so much clutter too!
sewdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:47 PM   #3385
dianemom2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Wow, I didn't realize you made money on your Ellageo! That's awesome! I see machines on ebay all the time at really good deals. I do think that's the way to go.

Yes, I was shocked by how much I got for the Ellageo. I never expected the bidding to go so high on it. It ended up selling for about double what I thought I would get. So my new upgraded machine only ended up costing me a few hundred dollars in the end. I was absolutely thrilled!

Quote:
)

And, the big news, I did get a new machine! I went this morning and worked my shift at the twins resale, then drove 45 minutes to the Expo and quickly checked out the Brother Dream Maker VE2200 and left the expo hall with it. Truth be told it was $200 more than the Babylock I tested out Thursday, but Brother is what I am used to (though I know they aren't that different) and their finance option was better.I did talk with the lady who does all their training on the multi-needles and she and I both agreed that for my volume and style which is mostly applique, the 7x12 single needle would be great.
Jen
How exciting! I am sure you will absolutely LOVE it! I really enjoyed playing with it when I went to the Expo. You will have to take some pictures to show her off to us!

And it is great that you got rid of a ton of clutter as well. I used to love shopping at the Mothers of Multiples sale when my girls were little. They weren't twins but wore the same size for several years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniMorris View Post
I plan on taking a misting fan, my chilly pads, a water bottle (and I know about asking for free ice water at fountain drink places), and we will be taking a break after lunch to swim at the resort for a few hours.

But I am starting to panic... please give me your best hot weather touring suggestions!

Nini
I hate going to Disney when it is hot out too. But now that the kids are getting older, missing school isn't really an option anymore. We are going right around the same time as you. We have the same ideas that you have. Lots of water, one of those cooling neck cloths and if we can manage it, a swim break mid-day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryffinclaw View Post
Hi all,
I need some assistance. I am looking for recommendations on some type of digitizing software that will allow me to merge files. I have heathersue's disney font and I want to merge the letters to make names.

Gennie
Jen can probably answer this better than anybody else. I don't really have any experience in this area so I hope she sees your post and responds. Since she just got her new machine today, she might not be back on here since she will be too busy playing with it.

dianemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:50 PM   #3386
tigger_mommy
Bunny slippers should be mandatory in life!

Great news! On both fronts that is. Selling a ton of stuff and a new machine, all in a single day. I can only imagine how excited you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewdisney View Post
Jen

CONGRATS! It is so exciting to get a new machine. It is awesome you got rid of so much clutter too![/QUOTE]

tigger_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:44 PM   #3387
goteamwood
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I do not do well in heat. I take some meds that make me have terrible problems when I get too hot (which happens very easily) This is the main reason we go to Disney in the cooler months, because the last time we went in September I came pretty close to ending up in the hospital.

Now, with that information, you also need to know that I am older than most of you. I have 5 kids ranging in age from 11 to 35...

My youngest daughter is turning 13 in June...and we promised her a short trip to Disney for her birthday. The trip is booked, dining is planned, so we really have no way out of it! LOL!

We are only going to go to one park...one day...Magic Kingdom. We will arrive the previous day and spend the day at the pool (CSR) and leave th day after the park day ...probably heading to the beach. (which is not a problem for me heat wise the water keeps me cool)

Nini
I made these: http://mymagicmom.com/cooling-neck-wrap-tutorial/ for my family for our annual trip to the Twins Days festival in Ohio which is the first weekend in August and is always a million and a half degrees. My husband and I actually ran a 5K wearing them, it really helped. We just soaked them in the hotel sink with some cool water and some ice from the hallway ice machine, then put them in a ziplock in our bag for the day. I would modify the pattern a little and make the pockets wider but still put the same amount of beads in, a little goes a long way because they REALLY swell. Ours didn't lay as flat as I would like, they were more sausage-like which did the trick but would have been more comfy if they were flatter, with more touching the neck if that makes sense. My kids wouldn't wear them, but they were in a stroller with a sun canopy, which I assume isn't an option for you. I got the beads at Hobby Lobby in the floral section, they came in a huge jar and you use a tiny spoonful so I have a lifetime supply! One note we did hang them in the laundry room to dry when we got back and they took a couple of weeks to return to their non-swelled state.

Quote:
Hi all,

I need some assistance. I am looking for recommendations on some type of digitizing software that will allow me to merge files. I have heathersue's disney font and I want to merge the letters to make names. I am trying to personalize my FE gifts for our upcoming cruise if I can. Also, I have a Mac... any suggestions?? How time consuming is it to simply merge letter files to make names?? Thanks!!!

Gennie
Embrilliance. I love it. I am a life-long Mac loyalist (and former apple employee married to a current apple employee so not changing ever...) And it's great. They JUST came out with an add-on like last week called AlphaTricks too which lets you map alphabets you buy, like Heather's Disney Font or any of the 600+ 8clawsandapaw fonts I got in their subscription deal last year, and instead of using them as 26 individual PES files and placing them manually, you can literally TYPE using those fonts. I have already mapped a few dozen that I use most often, it saves SO much time. (But I do a LOT of custom shirts with names so I use that option several times a week. If it is more a one-off thing you can just do what I have been doing for the past several months and manually place them in the Embrilliance without the alpha tricks add on. Also you can put embrilliance on as many computers as you own (We have 3) and they have a 30 day guarantee if you buy it and don't like it they will refund it. They have great tech support and have been really responsive. I posted a weird behavior on their facebook forum and they released an update and messaged me to let me know they fixed it.

It's around $150 I think, and Alphatricks is on special since it is new for $79, actual price is $99 I think. You can also PM me if you have specific questions about it, I am happy to help.

Quote:
Yes, I was shocked by how much I got for the Ellageo. I never expected the bidding to go so high on it. It ended up selling for about double what I thought I would get. So my new upgraded machine only ended up costing me a few hundred dollars in the end. I was absolutely thrilled!

How exciting! I am sure you will absolutely LOVE it! I really enjoyed playing with it when I went to the Expo. You will have to take some pictures to show her off to us!

And it is great that you got rid of a ton of clutter as well. I used to love shopping at the Mothers of Multiples sale when my girls were little. They weren't twins but wore the same size for several years.

Jen can probably answer this better than anybody else. I don't really have any experience in this area so I hope she sees your post and responds. Since she just got her new machine today, she might not be back on here since she will be too busy playing with it.
I got as far as unboxing the new machine and getting it put together, except for the power cord, before my kids woke up from their nap demanding to eat, so we took Grandma out for dinner as a thank you for all her help, and just got back. They are watching a short show before bed and then I intend to go play!

Funny story, they are watching "Classic Mickey Collection" of these early Mickey Mouse cartoons. They are in color but are probably from the 1950s maybe? Anyway, they watched it for the first time on Friday with Grandma and now they are demanding endlessly to watch "Plastic Mickey!" instead of Classic Mickey. It's very cute. And I love that they are enjoying the old stuff.

Old 04-07-2013, 12:56 AM   #3388
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Jen
Yay! Congrats on the new machine! You are going to have so much fun playing with it! Yes, pictures please. And hurray for de-cluttering!

Quote:

Nini
You already listed my tried and true heat-busters. We usually go in September and it's still very hot. Going to some air conditioned attractions really helps too when the heat is getting to you. You know the ones: Carrousel of Progress, Hall of Presidents, It's a Small World, Philharmagic. There's always the Dole Whip or a Mickey Bar.

Quote:
Hi all,

Gennie
I see Jen answered your question. I just wanted to say welcome and good luck with your project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewmess View Post
That makes me feel better about what I just did...I broke down, with a little prodding by DH, and bought a PE550 from Amazon for about $30 less than the HE1 I was looking at. Yes, it's only a 4x4, and I may be getting some symathetic, friendly "I told you so" in a few month when I get hoop envy, but it was in the budget, and it's a reward/prod to get me to finish cleaning my sewing room.

I should get it by Wednesday...we'll se what happens then. I'm a little excited.
I can feel your excitement zinging right off the page! Congratulations and enjoy! And yes, we will tell you "I told you so" in six months, but good for you for sticking to your budget. And it's great that your DH is so supportive of your hobby. Have lots of fun getting to know your new machine and don't forget to post pictures of what you make.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:38 AM   #3389
PurpleEars
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Nini
You are not crazy. Afterall, I was the one who got heat exhaustion in mid-May! I would suggest going into an attraction with A/C as least once an hour. I like to use the bathroom at Cosmic Rays as it gives me a few minutes of A/C break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewmess View Post

Congrats! I am sure you will have lots of fun creating with your new machine. Like I said, you could do quite a bit with a 4x4. I managed with a 4x4 for quite some time before I could afford an upgrade.

Quote:
I got as far as unboxing the new machine and getting it put together, except for the power cord, before my kids woke up from their nap demanding to eat, so we took Grandma out for dinner as a thank you for all her help, and just got back. They are watching a short show before bed and then I intend to go play!

Funny story, they are watching "Classic Mickey Collection" of these early Mickey Mouse cartoons. They are in color but are probably from the 1950s maybe? Anyway, they watched it for the first time on Friday with Grandma and now they are demanding endlessly to watch "Plastic Mickey!" instead of Classic Mickey. It's very cute. And I love that they are enjoying the old stuff.
I can't wait to hear what you think of your new machine. I am sure grandma appreciated the meal out. "Plastic Mickey" is simply too cute! I associate the classic Mickey with Mickey's Fun Wheel now, as long as I can ride the non-swinging version!

Our Disney trips:
May 2006 - All Star Music
Jan 2007 - Pop Century
Jan 2008 - Pop Century // Sept 2008 - Pop Century (Free Dining!)
May 2009 - Coronado Springs // Oct 2009 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining again!)
Feb 2010 - Port Orleans French Quarter // Aug 2010 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining, round 3!)
Apr 2011 - Disneyland - Hilton Anaheim // Aug 2011 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining #4)
Feb 2012 - Disneyland - Ramada Plaza // Aug 2012 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining #5)
Dec 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter (Free Dining #6)
PurpleEars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:57 AM   #3390
goteamwood
DIS Veteran

Here is my newly, sort of organized sewing room. I would really like to add a second L shaped desk in the other corner so I can put one machine on each surface, the sewing and serger on one and the two embroidery machines on the other. (you can see the cute thank you I got from Trev's Star Wars give, I loved it so much I hung it on the wall.)

The PE770 look so tiny compared to the new machine.

All my scraps under 1 yard or so are organized by color-ish, and then I have a few bins for novelty and character fabrics (and it bugs me that they are not all the same, I need to go buy more clear bins!)

Sadly, I have not even plugged in my machine yet, I have been trying to organize and unbox and then my husband decided that the car needed to have alignment and tires TODAY, even though it has been needing it for a while, and he says it is too annoying to take the kids to run errands. (Really? I hadn't noticed when I have to do it EVERY DAY.) So anyway, the kids are here with me so I must wait until nap time.

Pictures of the other wall and corner purposely ommited since it is a huge pile of stuff relocated from that side of the room...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: