DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-06-2013, 01:09 PM   #1
Kwaschitz
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 315

The wait may kill me!

On our 1st anniversary trip (in 2001 - one year after we were there for our honeymoon), we looked into DVC. At the time we had my student loans, car payments and rent that pretty much ate our income - not to mention that I had a short period of time to go before I had to get my masters!

So we waited. When our son was born, we looked again. We kept saying "if we had DVC, we'd take larger groups of extended family" and always ended up deciding we'd need SO MANY POINTS and it just wasn't feasible.

And then it hit us - we would mostly travel with 3-5 people, so actually base need on THAT. Add in DH's profit share from his company and our tax refund and we realized that we can FINALLY do it now.

Only to find out that there's just no availability where we want to be (DH says if he's spending that much money, he wants minimal buses - so monorail or ability to walk to Epcot is required. Also DH will only buy direct - I know about resale and all, but if this is what his requirement is to buy in? I'm not going to complain!)

So we called...and based on talking to my husband, the guide felt like he wouldn't be happy with AKV and neither of us want Aulani as a home resort. So we have a few options.

He could put us on the waitlist at BWV or BCV, but the expirations on those are sooner and our son is very young - he felt like we should veer away from those for that reason since there are other resorts that meet DH's criteria with longer periods.

Our next option is waitlist at BLT, but his concern was that if we wanted to add on later, it could be a long time to get our UY there (he said he's got a client that's been on the list for >6 months).

So unless we change our mind, he's got us on his shortlist to call when GFV goes on sale.

I'd really hoped we could be going "home" for our fall trip to celebrate DS's birthday (He's a halloween baby and loves that he can trick-or-treat and have cake at MK before the actual day and then do it again at home LOL).

I know that *technically* we haven't been waiting any length of time at all, but it's been more than 12 years that I've been working to make this happen!

What do any of you think the chances of GFV going on sale before we have to book a late Sept/early Oct trip are? I'm thinking about calling as soon as the window opens and booking ADRs and then doing rooms much later just in case.
Kwaschitz is offline   Reply With Quote
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.