Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2013, 07:15 AM   #736
kayemgi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigmentChick View Post
My BIL is watching our black lab for us, but we're still at a loss for the cats. I need someone to come over and at least pet them once per day (otherwise, they'll be needy and might go feral. lol), but we haven't been able to find anyone.
We are doubly lucky (and also not) in that our in-laws live just a few minutes from us, so they watch our two cats too. But in the past, before we moved here, we just hired a pet sitter to come twice a day. For cats, it's usually not very expensive! Like $15/day for two visits, including cleaning the litter box. I was amazed! Try Googling for one in your area, and set up a pre-visit so you can get to know them and make sure you are comfortable with them in your home.
kayemgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:40 AM   #737
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayemgi View Post
We are doubly lucky (and also not) in that our in-laws live just a few minutes from us, so they watch our two cats too. But in the past, before we moved here, we just hired a pet sitter to come twice a day. For cats, it's usually not very expensive! Like $15/day for two visits, including cleaning the litter box. I was amazed! Try Googling for one in your area, and set up a pre-visit so you can get to know them and make sure you are comfortable with them in your home.
It is so expensive to board a dog in Nov for 7 nights and a bath & groom before coming home it cost us $500+. We only stay in Disney for 5 nights but stay the night before and the night we leave at the airport hotel so we have to board her for 7 nights. I wish I had someone who watch my dog(a relative)

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-06-2013, 10:02 AM   #738
stmize
Dvc member since Nov 2010--WDW mom of ds 17 & dd 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post

It is so expensive to board a dog in Nov for 7 nights and a bath & groom before coming home it cost us $500+. We only stay in Disney for 5 nights but stay the night before and the night we leave at the airport hotel so we have to board her for 7 nights. I wish I had someone who watch my dog(a relative)
Wow. That bites. We board for approx 10 days+ we take our dog the night before we leave due to us leaving early to drive down then we can't pick her up til Monday after we return. They are only open til noon on Saturday and are closed for pickups on Sunday. It costs us around 180 dollars for a inside area. They walk them and play with them and bathe and groom. Even clip nails for free if stay a wk. plus they offer stay 10 night get one free the next night whenever it is. Now granted we have a chihuahua who's only 6 pounds.
Old 04-06-2013, 10:45 AM   #739
cadale
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
The longest we have boarded our Bischon is 7 nights and that was about $275 including the cost of giving her her meds each day. I like that she is around people and they take her out and let her play a couple times a day.

I never thought of having them bath her the day I pick her up. I may have to add that to the November boarding. It would be nice to have her all clean before I bring her home. Of course don't know how well she will sit for the bath after being there so long. She gets kinda fiesty some times.

2000: ASM, 2003: ASM, 2006: POR, 2007: CSR, 2008: POR,VWL, 2009: SSR, 2010: BLT, 2011: OKW (2), 2012: BLT, 2013: SSR, BLT/AK, 2014: BCV/SSR
cadale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:32 AM   #740
figmentswife
One little spark will light your fancy

You all make me very glad that my DD is allergic to dogs and we can't have one. However, if we did, my parents and both brothers live in the same neighborhood so they take care of my kitty.
figmentswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:45 AM   #741
pokanos
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three cats View Post
Well, I ended up booking our plane tickets! Instead of using the airport that is 45 minutes away I booked out of another airport that is an hour and 45 minutes away. Less convenient for sure but the price was much better at the other airport. Anyway, just so glad that is over and done with! Now I have to keep myself from stalking the Jet Blue site to see if the prices have gone down.....especially at the airport close to where we live, lol!........Next up, waiting for the November hours so I can finalize the ADR's! I already have all of the restaurants picked out, just not sure which parks we will be in which days yet.

Speaking of ADR's.....where is everyone planning on eating?? I love to see other peoples plans!

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
We have 7 dinners and 1 breakfast planned for TS: Coral Reef, San Angel Inn, O'hana, Sanaa, Prime Time, Be our Guest, T-Rex??, and Breakfast b4 the park opens at Crystal Palace.~These are the choices if we go w/the dining plan or get it free.
Only about a month away from ADR's!!!
pokanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:05 PM   #742
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

My Bella is a Golden Retriever basic daily was $43 then I add on night time treat plus extra playtime each day, it adds up fast.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:32 PM   #743
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I will do that....thanks!!! Problem is, I live in very rural South Jersey (not a lot around here...think all farmland). But I will definitely check pet sitters out.

Golden retrievers rock!!! Although we rescued our black lab, I raised Goldens my whole childhood and into the first few years of my marriage.

For our ADRs: we're planning on Coral Reef on Friday, Nov 1st; Tusker House for lunch on Monday; and I want to each at O'hanas. We'll probably try and do that one Tuesday night. And then maybe watch the fireworks from the beach.

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 02:54 PM   #744
Harlemgirl720
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigmentChick View Post
Gotcha on the first post. AKV is another villa I'd like to try one day (I upgraded to OKW for this trip). *sigh*....maybe one day.
You will love it. I usually do Kidani but this time I'm trying Jambo. Want to waitlist for BCV or BWV. I"m waitlisted for BLT

Harlemgirl720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 03:18 PM   #745
stevecin721
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by figmentswife View Post
Awesome, I will go check it out today, but I trust josh a little more.
Do you know what the crowds for the week of November 10 thru the 17 are going to be like? I am starting to get nervous that it might be crowded but this is the only week my DH can get off work and us be able to see the Christmas decorations.

November 2013 - POR Royal Room
March 2011 - Polynesian
April 2009 - Coronado Springs
December 2004 - POR
stevecin721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 03:26 PM   #746
figmentswife

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevecin721 View Post

Do you know what the crowds for the week of November 10 thru the 17 are going to be like? I am starting to get nervous that it might be crowded but this is the only week my DH can get off work and us be able to see the Christmas decorations.
Go check easywdw.com and look at the same time last year to get an idea. I will check touring plans and last years easywdw when I get back to my laptop in a few and poat
Old 04-06-2013, 03:30 PM   #747
figmentswife

Quote:
Here is last years from easywdw...

http://www.easywdw.com/nov12-u9.jpg
Old 04-06-2013, 03:37 PM   #748
figmentswife

Quote:
Touringplan.com as of today (these can and will change as it gets closer)

10th - mk - 9.1
EP - 5.9
HS - 6.9
AK - 6.8

11th
MK - 7
EP - 6.7
HS - 6.6
AK - 7

12th
MK - 1.1
EP - 3.3
HS - 4.4
AK - 1.7

13th -
MK - 5.3
EP - 3.2
HS - 4.3
AK - 1.6

14th
MK - 3.8
EP - 2.9
HS 2.7
AK - 1.4

15th
MK - 1.1
EP - 8.9
HS - 3
AK - 1.3

16th
MK - 6.4
EP - 7.3
HS - 4.2
AK - 5.1

17th
MK - 7
EP - 1.8
HS - 4.8
AK - 8.6

Looking at both easywdw & touringplans - as long as you do rope drop to hit the headliners, you should be fine.

Also, the numbers don't mean a THING for some headliners - TSM is a good example. It doesn't matter if it is a 1 level day or 10 level day - if you don't at least get a FP before lunch you are not going to ride it without a very long line.

RELAX - your going to Disney
Old 04-06-2013, 05:56 PM   #749
stevecin721
Earning My Ears

Thank you for the info it really helps. Looks like just our first two days are going to be really crowded. Oh well we will just go with the flow and hope for the best.

November 2013 - POR Royal Room
March 2011 - Polynesian
April 2009 - Coronado Springs
December 2004 - POR
stevecin721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:59 PM   #750
Three cats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have thought about a pet sitter in the past to come in for our cat but I was too nervous about basically giving a stranger a key to our house. You didn't have any trouble? We really don't have any family close by to pet sit so I'm thinking this might be better than taking her to a kennel, where I know she will be FREAKED OUT
Three cats is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
november 2013, november vacation, trip thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: