Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2013, 08:02 AM   #151
ohnowewontgo
Disney here We Come

Just applied the discount to my package. Saved $417. Not as much as last year, but I'll take it.

ohnowewontgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:29 AM   #152
MaestroTK
Mouseketeer

Just knocked off $340 from my parents' room only reservation at WL!
2003 (July) WDW - Offsite - Vacation Village at Parkway (RCI)
2006 (July) WDW - Offsite - Summer Bay Resort (RCI)
2006 (May) - DL - Carousel Inn
2007 (July) - WDW - Offsite - Vacation Village at Parkway (RCI)
2008 (March) - WDW - All Star Sports
2010 (June) - DL - Desert Palms

2011 (August) - WDW - Beach Club Villas
2013 (July) - WDW - Villas at Wilderness Lodge
MaestroTK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2013, 04:07 PM   #153
chipshotj
Disney Dad Vacation Planner

July Discount - Help????

I had booked the special they offered in June hoping to change it to a July/August deal later. Travelling June 8th - 14th currently. I was pretty sure that it was the same discount they are offering for summer travel now. Though now, when I try to price my ideal vacation in late July - August, it is nowhere close to being the same price or cheaper than what I have booked already for June. Am I missing something here?
chipshotj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:13 PM   #154
Mickfarland4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipshotj View Post
I had booked the special they offered in June hoping to change it to a July/August deal later. Travelling June 8th - 14th currently. I was pretty sure that it was the same discount they are offering for summer travel now. Though now, when I try to price my ideal vacation in late July - August, it is nowhere close to being the same price or cheaper than what I have booked already for June. Am I missing something here?
are you hitting the specials button on the web? I didn't know it was there for over a month of pricing things!!
Mickfarland4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:04 PM   #155
CoolPool
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipshotj
Most of the people here are giving us the savings off of their previously booked non-discounted trips. We moved our package vacation from June which was booked under spring discount to July under the summer discount and saved a whopping $10! But for the portion of our trip that was room only we saved considerably simply because we were able to price many more options and choose the resort that was more appealing; availability for original dates was very tight.
CoolPool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:25 PM   #156
Z28KatCar
"A wish is a dream your heart makes"

Well we changed resorts... We are stay CL at WL & saved $960 & my In-laws saved $795. They would have saved more if they had stayed at AKL but we wouldn't have saved very much. So we switched!

1974-1992 off site 2x/yr!, 1989-1992 Participant in the Candlelight procession ,1995 ASMV, 1997 AS, 1999 POFQ, 2003 Day Trip, 2010~2 wks ASMo, 2013~2 wks WL CL
Z28KatCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:21 AM   #157
chipshotj
Disney Dad Vacation Planner

Thanks. What I booked previously was a special offer. It was the special they were running for up to 30% off if you booked by March 15th for travel through June 14th. I booked for the last week possible with this special. I did book a value resort, which was only 15% off I believe. Ideally, I was hoping for a special that I could travel in late summer, which you think would be cheaper based off their charts. When I price the same trip now, with the later weeks, "summer special" is showing, but the price is higher than the June one I have already booked. Both show Pop Century being 15% off, so I am just trying to figure out if that is the case, why would the price not be the same. It is not in a pricier timeframe or anything. Maybe I should call
chipshotj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:56 AM   #158
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks. What I booked previously was a special offer. It was the special they were running for up to 30% off if you booked by March 15th for travel through June 14th. I booked for the last week possible with this special. I did book a value resort, which was only 15% off I believe. Ideally, I was hoping for a special that I could travel in late summer, which you think would be cheaper based off their charts. When I price the same trip now, with the later weeks, "summer special" is showing, but the price is higher than the June one I have already booked. Both show Pop Century being 15% off, so I am just trying to figure out if that is the case, why would the price not be the same. It is not in a pricier timeframe or anything. Maybe I should call
Definitely call. Online/website info is not always accurate.

Good Luck!
Wilderness Lodge Club Level - 2010, 2013
We'll be home soon...
CuteAsMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:10 PM   #159
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
The summer discount for room rates values is lower than the spring offer.

The spring offer for dates April 2 through June 14, 2013 had 20% room rates for All-Star Sports, All-Star Music, and Pop Century. The current summer offer is for 15% off room rates at these three resorts.

The other factor is that both offers include some kind of ticket discount too (not specified what it is, you have to do the math) if you book a Magic Your Way package. That portion of the summer offer may be a smaller discount too.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 2 | DCL: 2
Next: Aug 2014 DLR
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:42 PM   #160
Kaarin
Earning My Ears

wanted to share our savings:

staying for 10 nights july/august

5 WL courtyard view with bunk bed
5 GF club level - sugarloaf bldg.

saved $1700 !!!

thank you all!!!
Kaarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:46 PM   #161
obrienminnie
Earning My Ears

Just booked We will be at a POR RGR from July 7 to the 13!!!
Can not wait!! I know these 91 days will fly by!! Hopefully
obrienminnie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: