Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board > United We Stand
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2013, 04:05 PM   #1
WebmasterCorey
Still points with two fingers
aka OrlandoTiger

DISboards Administrator

Military Vacation at Disney Podcast

If you didn't see our podcast about Military vacations to Walt Disney Disney, you can check it out here.
http://www.disunplugged.com/2013/03/...-orlando-show/

We also have a video overview of Shades of Green.
http://youtu.be/oYMSWzXF-AQ

...and a photo gallery of Shades of Green.
http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/showgallery.php/cat/1566

Enjoy!

WebmasterCorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:27 PM   #2
lilmrsellis
Wishing upon a star...

The info was great, with one caveat. They said room discounts weren't much, but actually, they are up to 40%. Great work, though, Shawn and William!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2013, 10:51 AM   #3
Torres
Earning My Ears

Nice video, nice photo gallery! Cheers for sharing the experience!

- Walt Disney -
Torres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:48 PM   #4
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Love, love, love Shades of Green....we even got married in their little gazebo. Do you know how much a Disney Fairytale Wedding is? 1000's of $$$$$$$!! We rented the little gazebo for $125!!!

Biggest benefit, IMO, is being right across the street from the Poly...we just walk to 'Ohanas. And their bus system is pretty good too, it's nice not having to stop at every resort between yours and the park/DTD. The military really did good when they leased that land from WDW!!

I wouldn't even dare compare Shades of Green to the value resorts money wise. In the Value Resorts you get what you pay for, at SoG you get much more than you pay for, the rooms are so much larger.

The Salute tickets are equally awesome....can't wait to see if they keep it up in FY 2014!

Edited: Oh yeah, I called SoG a month ago, thinking I could rent the gazebo for a night to surprise my DH for our anniversary....I was thinking of hanging some of the same decorations and popping some champagne/dancing. Guess how much? Yep, still $125. I'd have to buy the champagne through them though, which is no big deal!

Scrappy_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:17 PM   #5
4nana
God Bless America, Land of the Free, Because of the Brave. Godspeed and thanks to our troops and their families for their sacrifices.

Thank you so much ~ love, love, love, The Shades of Green and your video/photos brought back many fond memories !! We had a family Grand Gathering there a few yrs ago for Thanksgiving and it was a dream come true for w/our kids, spouses, & grands.

Can't say enough about this beautiful quiet and peaceful resort/golf course and their large rooms for such a reasonable rate for military active/retired, gov. employees, etc. ! We had 5 adj. rooms on the first floor, could open the huge sliding glass door to balcony, with trees and a nice grassy big lawn for kids to play on. Priceless!!

Our rooms had 2 queens beds, large bath, kitchenette w/fridge, table /chairs, couch, coffee maker, safe, hair dryer, the works! Loved their restaurants, reasonable breakfast buffet incl. Mickey waffles $12. adult/$6. kiddies. Also enjoyed adult pool w/pool side massage, kiddie pool, and hot tub. Could also feed the wild turkeys near by and there was a pond w/beautiful coy fish and an area where grands could race lil mini boats.

We walked to nearby Poly to have our family photos done, followed by dinner, and to catch the Grand 1 Yacht for family adventure to see the fireworks ! Great bus service also available a hop and skip to the world.

Lots of special memories made, and would do it again in a heartbeart!!!
Blessed with 4 loving kiddos & IL's, 13 sweet grands, 50 Golden Years & Anniv. cruise....PRICELESS!!

There are two lasting bequests we can give our children & grandchildren: 'One is roots, the other is wings'.
~~~~~
Life is a journey ~ love makes the trip worthwhile

Grandchildren are God's reward for being a parent

"For He shall give the angels charge over thee, to keep thee safe in all thy ways" Psalms 91:11

For my dear Mom in heaven
4nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:18 PM   #6
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4nana View Post
Thank you so much Could also feed the wild turkeys near by and there was a pond w/beautiful coy fish and an area where grands could race lil mini boats.
I had to laugh at that, because my DH goes turkey hunting every year and hasn't gotten anything....but we go to Shades of Green and they are at our balcony door. He swears he's bring his bow next time

It's such a peaceful resort...I'd forgotten about the breakfast buffet, which is absolutely wonderful way to start your morning...oh, and not have to make reservations 180 days in advance, you can just walk in!

Scrappy_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: