Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 08:31 PM   #1456
thetorit
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel4569 View Post
Today is our tipping point day!

At some point during the day today it will be as many days to our next trip as it has been since we went last.

Silly thing I know but something I thought was funny.
YAY!!!

Me & DH DD(4) DS(1)
Old 04-03-2013, 07:09 AM   #1457
poohlover4life
Mouseketeer

last year my hubby and I got a room discount and it saved us about 350$ which was AWESOME! Since there is a discount being offered during peak summer days i'm feeling more hopeful that the discount for not peak travelers will be pretty good.
Also I hope the wristband thing works out well. I like the idea of not digging around my pockets or purse trying to find my husband's and my swipy cards. I hope they do stay on strong though cuz I would be so sad if it flew off on a ride or something. Also, I wonder, if you were to pay more for the personalized one, would you be able to reuse it from year to year, cuz that would make it way more worth the extra money! And I would get one then lol. IDK just me thinking silly I guess.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-03-2013, 07:47 AM   #1458
ThereYouSeeHer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstomrice View Post
Our friends who are traveling with us were able to save $800 on their 6 night stay at Boardwalk! When he called today, they fixed the price but the CM also went on to offer him other savings such as dining deals as he explained it. DOes anyone know what they were referring to? He did not ask too many questions because he didn't understand and he was on his way to a business trip....and he never booked a trip to Disney before, so he may have been confused? I think he may call back to see what they were offering at a later time
Do you know if your friends have signed up for the Dining Plan at all? It sounds like the CM may have been trying to get them to add the Dining Plan, which claims to save up to 15% versus paying OOP. But if you find out anything about other deals, it would be really interesting to know!

Building memories, one Disney vacation at a time!

2003 May (Offsite), 2007 Dec (ASMo), 2008 Dec (POP), 2009 Dec (ASMu, CSR, and AKL), 2010 Dec (ASSp, SSR),
2011 Sep (Disney Dream, POFQ), 2012 Sep (OKW, Disney Dream), 2013 Aug (AoA, POR, ASMo), 2014 November (CBR, HHI)

Disney Bingo
Values left to try: None! (Done: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, POP, AOA)
Moderates left to try: CBR, Cabins (Done: POFQ, POR, CSR)
Deluxes & Villas left to try: GF, Poly, WL, YC, BC, BW, CR (Done: OKW, AKL, SSR)
Cruise Ships left to try: Magic, Wonder, Fantasy (Done: Dream)

Splish, Splash, the Dream was a Blast! 9/1/2011 Trip Report
Old 04-03-2013, 01:07 PM   #1459
HPCrazy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenecaWolf View Post
Lime Green Mickey Heads are here!!!! I finally got around to getting the new ones finished up for this years Team August! Those who had them last year will notice a few changes...the lime green is definitely brighter and it prints out just about right on my printer. (Went thru many shades of testing lol) Also redesigned the font a bit so more of the image shows thru. The printed size as is comes out to about 9.5" wide by 7.5 inches tall. Since they are a .png file they resize pretty well so you should be able to print in any size.

They are fully customizeable! Just let me know what design you would like and I can usually have it ready for you in a day or so. I'll use your forum user name by default, but if you want something different just let me know! Also if you want, I can change the background to just about any character but realize that some may not work well with the shape of the text.

So here are this year's 2013 Team August LGMH's!

Mickey and the gang!

Princesses

Villians

I would like one of these for our upcoming August trip with Mickey & the Gang on it. Would be nice to spot any DIS-board members also wearing these and vice versa.
Been a MAJOR fan of the Magic since June of 1989 (off-site), followed by: 6/95 (A-S Music), 1/99 (PO-FQ), 9/01 (A-S Movies), 9/02 (A-S Movies), 9/03 (Contemporary), 9/07 (A-S Movies), 9/10 (POP), 9/11 (A-S Music) and August 2013 at PO Riverside!
Old 04-03-2013, 08:00 PM   #1460
mrstomrice
Thomas and Jake's Mommy:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereYouSeeHer View Post
Do you know if your friends have signed up for the Dining Plan at all? It sounds like the CM may have been trying to get them to add the Dining Plan, which claims to save up to 15% versus paying OOP. But if you find out anything about other deals, it would be really interesting to know!
Yes, they did have the dining plan already included. I am going to suggest he calls back for more information.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:07 AM   #1461
Loreli
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPCrazy View Post
I would like one of these for our upcoming August trip with Mickey & the Gang on it. Would be nice to spot any DIS-board members also wearing these and vice versa.
I haven't seen SenecaWolf around lately. I hope she's OK. Don't think she is ignoring you if you don't hear from her soon, she's been ill earlier in the year and I worry that she's ill again.

Old 04-04-2013, 10:06 AM   #1462
HPCrazy
Mouseketeer

Is she the one who also runs the Facebook group? If so, then she also added me there. If she is ill, praying for a quick recovery!
Been a MAJOR fan of the Magic since June of 1989 (off-site), followed by: 6/95 (A-S Music), 1/99 (PO-FQ), 9/01 (A-S Movies), 9/02 (A-S Movies), 9/03 (Contemporary), 9/07 (A-S Movies), 9/10 (POP), 9/11 (A-S Music) and August 2013 at PO Riverside!
Old 04-04-2013, 11:51 AM   #1463
sahmoffour
Mouseketeer

Man, I just got an email from Touring Plans saying they updated the crowd levels and best/worst parks during our stay and now I'm stressed! I can't change dining reservations around anyways, and I also look at Easy WDW's calendars but it still stresses me when we're hitting a couple of the worst parks (as rated by TP) on a couple of our days. I wonder why they updated their site? Maybe because of the discount that was just released? Final park hours don't get released until a month before or something correct? So it shouldn't be that.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:53 PM   #1464
OregonMomToWDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahmoffour View Post
Man, I just got an email from Touring Plans saying they updated the crowd levels and best/worst parks during our stay and now I'm stressed! I can't change dining reservations around anyways, and I also look at Easy WDW's calendars but it still stresses me when we're hitting a couple of the worst parks (as rated by TP) on a couple of our days. I wonder why they updated their site? Maybe because of the discount that was just released? Final park hours don't get released until a month before or something correct? So it shouldn't be that.
I got the same email and I did another trip itinerary based on the new best/worst days. I made reservations based on the new plans. I kept the old as well. That way, when it comes closer to the trip, I am prepared with two different plans. I will cancel whichever doesn't seem to work a few weeks before our trip.

It did cause a great deal of stress though for a few moments.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:35 PM   #1465
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran

I'm not subscribed to touringplans but I did look at easywdw again. The calendar looks like the crowds will die out while we are there, which is nice, but for the most part the list of recommended parks doesn't line up with what we have planned.

Our idea was to start and end with MK on Sunday and Thursday (18th/22nd), probably have EP, then a break/WP day, then HS to fill it out. If we followed the recommended parks guide for that week to do what we wanted we would have to go HS, EP, MK, MK, WP/break. That doesn't really jive well for me since we wanted to have the break in the middle and start/end with MK.

We don't have any ADR's (yet) although we are considering a breakfast ADR at Akerhus for our EP day so we can be flexible if need be, but we also don't have PH so we have to pick a park and stick to it. That worked out really well for us on our last trip and that was the week of Thanksgiving, which was significantly more crowded than this upcoming week will be.

We're also content that this is a bonus trip for us, as we didn't think we'd have the money for this before. We also know that we'll be back in June 2014, so if we miss something now we likely can see it then.
April 1981 - Holiday Inn - MK only (no other parks existed!);May 1999 - Travelodge - First adult trip;Aug 2003 - Disneyland's California Adventure;Dec 2004 - La Quinta - Christmas trip w/fiance to HS;Sep 2010 - Pop - DD1's 5th birthday;Nov 2012 - AoA - DD2's 4th birthday (KOTS trip);Aug 2013 - AoA - Just because trip

Next trip -
Old 04-04-2013, 03:29 PM   #1466
THEVACATIONFAMILY
Mouseketeer

Talking August 12th- 18th

Hello All. Me, DW and 2 DD's ( 7 & 5 ) have a trip planned and are ready to go. I'm waiting for the drive down from NJ. We're staying at AS Sports MYW with QS Dining but looking for Dining Pin Code to upgrade to the Regular Dining Plan, my DD's are wanting to eat in Cinderella's Castle and meet all of the Princesses. I keep calling each week to see if they've attached a code to our names, but nothing yet. Hope to see many of you there and I would love to get 4 of the Lime Green Mickey Heads, 3 Princesses 1 Characters. Thanks to everyone here and may you all have a Magical Day.

Thanksgiving and the start of Christmas Decorations Who can ask for anything more?
Old 04-04-2013, 03:32 PM   #1467
Loreli
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEVACATIONFAMILY View Post
Hello All. Me, DW and 2 DD's ( 7 & 5 ) have a trip planned and are ready to go. I'm waiting for the drive down from NJ. We're staying at AS Sports MYW with QS Dining but looking for Dining Pin Code to upgrade to the Regular Dining Plan, my DD's are wanting to eat in Cinderella's Castle and meet all of the Princesses. I keep calling each week to see if they've attached a code to our names, but nothing yet. Hope to see many of you there and I would love to get 4 of the Lime Green Mickey Heads, 3 Princesses 1 Characters. Thanks to everyone here and may you all have a Magical Day.
Welcome

Old 04-04-2013, 03:37 PM   #1468
THEVACATIONFAMILY
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loreli View Post
Welcome
Thank You Loreli. I look forward to all posts concerning the Magic from the Parks and especially when and if Disney sends out any FREE DINING CODES.

Thanksgiving and the start of Christmas Decorations Who can ask for anything more?
Old 04-04-2013, 07:00 PM   #1469
Loreli
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEVACATIONFAMILY View Post
Thank You Loreli. I look forward to all posts concerning the Magic from the Parks and especially when and if Disney sends out any FREE DINING CODES.
There has been alotta speculation and some doubting about if and when there will be free dinning this year. I am still hoping, many are not planning on it.
We discuss so much here, hope you enjoy it all!

Old 04-04-2013, 07:06 PM   #1470
Loreli
Mouseketeer

QUESTION OF THE DAY

So it's August, and the sun will be out shinning bright. Do you bring spay sun screen or the old lotion kind? Do you have a SPF level minimum you use? Any favorite brands?

I am photosensitive due to meds, so I am really worried about burning.

Closed Thread

Tags
august 2013, lgmh, planning, resorts, restaurants

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: