DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2013, 06:30 PM   #1
scottashackleton
Mouseketeer

Do resales NEED to go through a broker?

Or can 2 independent parties bring a contract to Disney themselves. I hear a lot of negativity about brokers being lazy and incompetent, so why even include them in the first place?
scottashackleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:14 PM   #2
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Sure you can do it yourself if you know what you are doing. How are you going to find an owner who is trying to sell?

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-01-2013, 07:44 PM   #3
MoreTravels
Mouseketeer

Just like in a real estate transaction, brokers are there to hook up connections. Once the head-hunting is done, a lawyer or closing company takes over.

You can find buyer privately and hire a closing company to help... But sometimes these closing companies do not want to offend the big-3 and jeopardize their future referrals so I am not sure if they will accept your self-referred business.

Without a broker, there is no 10% commission to lose... if you wish, you can share 5% with your buyer so everyone is happy. It's like selling BLT for $100 for a $90 offered price.
MoreTravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:13 PM   #4
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottashackleton View Post
Or can 2 independent parties bring a contract to Disney themselves. I hear a lot of negativity about brokers being lazy and incompetent, so why even include them in the first place?
As noted, no broker needed if the buyer and seller can get together. There are plenty of closing companies and if the parties are comfortable with each other you can do it yourself fairly easily for under $50 for a WDW property and a single contract.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:37 AM   #5
Scotch
DIS Veteran

There are several reputable closing companies offering escrow swrvices that deal directly with the buyers/sellers -- go to TUG (timeshare users group) for resources and references. I bought and sold our first sets of DVC contracts via private resale without a broker. For our first time we used the form contract kit you can buy from Timesharing Today (though you can create your own). You can find those resale listings on sites like TUG's marketplace, Redweek (for fee), myresortnetwork , etc, but keep in mind brokers use those sites to market their week, too. The seller saves the 10% commission, which can be significant on a large contract; so possible to negotiate a better price for buyers.
Scotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:38 AM   #6
Scotch
DIS Veteran

I forgot to mention that you can call DVC and get instructions re how to submit paperwork for the ROFR process -- pretty easy.
Scotch is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: