Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2013, 04:38 PM   #31
Wendy5055
DIS Veteran

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBelle View Post
We eat 3 full meals per day. When dining out we always get an app and dessert. My children (11 and 7) have 1-2 snacks everyday. So the DxDP is the plan that we get that best suits our eating habits.
If u did the homework and you can see that the DDP is a good fit for you, don't let others change your mind. Some people eat like birds and can function on 1-2 meals per day. My family certainly can not!
I totally agree! We are a 3 meal per day family too. I often bring my 70 year old mother and she appreciates 3 meals per day...not to mention the break in air conditioning. We eat 3 meals per day and also have snacks (we happen to be an active family so meals are important).

Also, there's something to be said for having your meals paid for in advance. As a single mom, I appreciate that I can relax and enjoy the meal without stressing over what my dd11 is ordering. In addition, my dd11 NEVER wanted kids meals as she eats what adults eat at home she is not used to chicken fingers and pizzas...won't even touch a chicken nugget! I'm actually relieved that she can now order off the adult menu as she actually eats seafood (loves calamari and mussels) and steak.

As for flexibility...we get only the Base Tickets so I always know where we will be on what day...we never feel like it's an imposition to show up for a meal. I enjoy showing up at a restaurant (just like restaurant reservations at home) being seated and enjoying a meal together.

Contemporary, July 2014
Wilderness Lodge, July 2013
Grand Floridian, July 2011
Polynesian, April 2010
Grand Floridian, May 2009
POP Century Aug/Sept 2008
POP Century October 2005
POFQ 1998
Offsite 1995
Offsite 1st Time EVER WDW 1985!!!
Wendy5055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:23 AM   #32
gjl
Mouseketeer

Removed

Last edited by gjl; 01-21-2014 at 10:16 PM.
gjl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-30-2013, 05:50 PM   #33
patsal
I've discovered I don't need to be a control freak...and like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjl View Post
When I used a spreadsheet and included the OOP cost of tips, the dining plan still saves us about $250. At their ages, almost every meal is a character meal (except for 'Ohana!) so the prices are easy to calculate. We have four DD's- three are Disney kids and one is still an infant.
And this is just the scenario that lends itself to getting a dining plan, children and buffet/character meals. So long as there are children in the grouping it will always come out ahead using a dining plan.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: