DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2013, 06:27 PM   #1
Cbowman
GrowingUpGoofy

First Trip to WDW, Where to stay with 3 little ones?

Hi there,

We have never made it to WDW but are planning a trip in December. We actually have home resorts of SSR and the Grand Californian. For our WDW trip, we'd like to stay at two different locations over our 7 days. We have a 6 yr old, 5 yr old and 1.5 year old. Any suggestions on the best resorts to stay at with these little ones?
Cbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:30 PM   #2
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbowman
Hi there,

We have never made it to WDW but are planning a trip in December. We actually have home resorts of SSR and the Grand Californian. For our WDW trip, we'd like to stay at two different locations over our 7 days. We have a 6 yr old, 5 yr old and 1.5 year old. Any suggestions on the best resorts to stay at with these little ones?
Do you plan on spending a lot of time at MK? Staying at BLT might be beneficial with the monorail. BC and BWV are also great locations for easy access to Epcot and HS.
Register to remove

Old 03-29-2013, 06:44 PM   #3
Sammie
DIS Veteran

First off I can tell from experience that with kids and especially young ones, I would pick one resort and not move.

Hopefully you are not planning a trip for this December, if you are your choices are going to be limited, as many book 11 months out for December.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:50 PM   #4
Cbowman
GrowingUpGoofy

We will be at MK a lot during the day with the kids I'd bet. My father-in-law works at WDW. However, he's been driving a bus for 30 years and hasn't had the little ones out there yet. He did say getting around can be challenging at time with kids but to not let that scare us too much.

We've booked the Tree House Villas for December 7-14. So we have that as an option if things book up quickly. Disneyland is empty the second week of December, is WDW still busy then?

Thank you for responding!
Cbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:14 PM   #5
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbowman View Post
We will be at MK a lot during the day with the kids I'd bet. My father-in-law works at WDW. However, he's been driving a bus for 30 years and hasn't had the little ones out there yet. He did say getting around can be challenging at time with kids but to not let that scare us too much.

We've booked the Tree House Villas for December 7-14. So we have that as an option if things book up quickly. Disneyland is empty the second week of December, is WDW still busy then?

Thank you for responding!
Not so much the parks but the Disney resorts and especially DVC resorts, this is a favorite time for members. Disney World just has so much going on at the parks special for the holidays that the crowds have grown each year.

If you are looking for anything near the MK, be sure to be ready to book right when booking opens at 7 months.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:54 PM   #6
amym2
DIS Veteran

We stayed in a THV last Oct and loved it, but we weren't doing a parks trip. If you won't have a car, I wouldn't stay there since you have to take a bus to SSR and then switch buses to get to the parks.

We also stayed at OKW and loved it, and I've read that the bus service there is pretty good.

BLT would give you the easiest MK access, although if you are regulars at DLR you might spend more time at the other parks. VWL has a boat to MK. BCV or BWV would give you easy EP access. Our kids want to stay at AKV next.

Really depends on what you're looking for as to what resort is best. They all have pros and cons. Pick the one (or two) that look most interesting to you.
amym2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:03 PM   #7
Cbowman
GrowingUpGoofy

Good to know. I think we'll try to edit our current SSR reservation to the main hotel vs. THV's. I'm going to try to be optimistic about December bookings too. We're headed to DL at the end of the months so we might be able to do less at the MK and focus on the other parks this time around. Thanks again! We are so excited to spend the holidays at WDW this year.

Tags
dvc, wdw

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: