DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2013, 10:13 PM   #1
goodtmz37
Earning My Ears

Closing Timeline?

We sent out certified check in to TT&M on Monday via Fed-ex and tracking says they received it on Tuesday. Anyone know how quickly the closing process should take? We've not heard from the broker yet concerning the receipt of the check, so it's making me a little nervous!
Old 03-27-2013, 11:48 PM   #2
PCMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtmz37
We sent out certified check in to TT&M on Monday via Fed-ex and tracking says they received it on Tuesday. Anyone know how quickly the closing process should take? We've not heard from the broker yet concerning the receipt of the check, so it's making me a little nervous!
Why don't you call the closing company and ask?
PCMama is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2013, 07:57 AM   #3
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

We just closed not long ago. Here was our timeline:
1/19-1/20- Made offer and negotiated
1/21- contract e-mailed and signed and sent back with deposit
1/22- contract sent to ROFR
2/20- passed ROFR
2/27- closing docs received, signed and overnighted back with final payment
2/28- our docs and payment received by closing company
3/8- deed recorded on orange county website (I did not look this up until 3/18 though)
3/11- notified by broker that we closed
3/19- see AKV showing up on DVCmember.com under our existing membership (HH points) in the morning and w/in a few hours points were loaded. We booked a Xmas trip by 3pm (2BR and studio at AKV-Kadani).
Old 03-28-2013, 09:43 AM   #4
GOOFY D
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtmz37 View Post
Here is my timeline on my recent BWV purchase-

1/11 - Submitted full price offer on 150 point BWV
1/23- FINALLY received correct contract and email back (w/ CC deposit)
2/19 - Disney waived ROFR
2/28 - Received closing documents
2/28 - Closing documents and payment FEDEXED to title company
3/12 - Seller finally sends in closing documents
3/13 - Informed that sale has closed
3/25 - Account setup and points loaded

73 days start to finish.

1988 - Polynesian * 1995 - Carribean Beach * 1996 - All Star Sports * 1997 - Candy Cane (Disneyland) * 1998 - All Star Music * 1999 - Contemporary * 1999 - Contemporary * 2000 - Disney Wonder /Coronado Springs * 2000 - All Star Sports * 2001 - Disney Magic (Eastern) * 2002 - Disney Magic (Western) * 2003 - All Star Movies * 2004 - Disney Magic (Eastern-San Juan) * 2006 - Contemporary * 2006 - Coronado Springs * 2007 - All Star Sports/Animal Kingdom Lodge * 2008 - All Star Sports * 2009 - Disney Magic (Western) * 2009 - All Star Movies * 2010 - Disney Magic (Eastern) * 2011 - All Star Sports * 2012 - Disney Fantasy (Western) * 2013 - Animal Kingdom Villas-Kidani * 2013 - Bay Lake Tower * 2014 - Boardwalk Villas
GOOFY D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:39 AM   #5
emgal
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtmz37 View Post
It took us a week to close once funds were sent.

I wired the money on a Tuesday (3/5) and received an email the next Monday (3/11) that everything had been closed and sent to Disney for the final transfer. It took that long for them to receive the documents from the Seller.

I'm still waiting on my new member packet. I'm not really sure when to expect that, since we're not already in the system as DVC owners.
emgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:16 PM   #6
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emgal View Post
It took us a week to close once funds were sent.

I wired the money on a Tuesday (3/5) and received an email the next Monday (3/11) that everything had been closed and sent to Disney for the final transfer. It took that long for them to receive the documents from the Seller.

I'm still waiting on my new member packet. I'm not really sure when to expect that, since we're not already in the system as DVC owners.
I got my member # letter in the mail on March 25 (though I already knew our member #).
Old 03-28-2013, 05:33 PM   #7
emgal
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin'fl View Post

I got my member # letter in the mail on March 25 (though I already knew our member #).
Mine actually arrived today!

Totally anti-climatic though. Just a letter. No "Welcome to the Disney Vacation Club! Here is your new member number and a list of all the cool new things you can do with said number!"

Can I call member services to get the website login info? Or do I have to wait for more paperwork before I can create the login?

Not in a rush to make reservations. Just antsy to play the "what-if" game.
emgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:23 PM   #8
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emgal View Post
Mine actually arrived today!

Totally anti-climatic though. Just a letter. No "Welcome to the Disney Vacation Club! Here is your new member number and a list of all the cool new things you can do with said number!"

Can I call member services to get the website login info? Or do I have to wait for more paperwork before I can create the login?

Not in a rush to make reservations. Just antsy to play the "what-if" game.
I think you can call and make a resie now...and you should be able to call to get info on how to set up member website log in. Congrats on becoming a new member...welcome home!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: