Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 02:42 PM   #16
mrsaunders
Earning My Ears

I use the metropolitan as my personal item (not over stuffed so it will measure smaller) and either the weekender or large duffel as carry on. I have also stuffed the large duffel with dirty clothes on the trip home and checked it. Made it through with no issues and was easy to throw in the wash after. The hipster is a great travel purse. I love all my Veras. The quality is really great!
mrsaunders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:04 AM   #17
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Jones View Post
I am so jealous you have an outlet! I've been watching EBay for good deals, I've found some great deals, but the shipping to Canada for most is insane!

I love the Very Berry Paisley, and the new Tutti Fruit
I love the Tutti Fruit too, but haven't had a chance to buy anything in it yet.

As far as the Very Berry Paisley, keep an eye on the Vera Bradley site and on ebay. This past December the VB site put several of their prints on sale for like 50% off, including the Very Berry Paisley. I bought a grand traveler, weekender, small duffel, small, medium, and large make up bags, tech case, contact case, coin purse, lanyard with zip ID, slim case, lunch bag, ditty bag, sarong, essentials hanging makeup bag, and probably a few other items I'm forgetting, all for 50% off. I spent a fortune, but got a complete set (I already had the mini hipster, full size hipster, Villager, and a pill box in that print). It was just too good of a deal to pass up to get the whole matching set, in a print that I loved.

However, then last month around the 20th of Feb, the VB site put some different prints on for 50% off again, then a week or so later put some more on for like 40% off. I also like Mocha Rouge print and was able to get the 22" spinner, another weekender, small, medium, and large make up bags, lanyard with zip ID, luggage tag, and tech bag for half price. Then I went on ebay and entered VB Mocha Rouge as the search criteria and picked up a Mocha Rouge all wrapped up, coin purse, and Kiss Me Twice for very little to just about complete that set.

I hate paying full price, so always try to wait until they put them on sale or else I find what I want on ebay. The last two times I ordered the complete sets from the VB site, I got 50% off, plus they also had free shipping for orders over $75.00 and with a coupon I had, I got another $10.00 off the Very Bery Paisley stuff. I'll be down in Orlando in May and plan on making a trip over to the Vera Bradley Outlet. Last time I was there they had some very good deals. I bought so much my husband asked me what I was going to do if it all couldn't fit into our luggage (we had checked just one bag). I informed him to start deciding which clothes of his was absolutely essential, because the Vera Bradely stuff was coming home, if we had to leave our clothes there. lol

Last edited by aubriee; 03-27-2013 at 05:39 AM.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-27-2013, 05:36 AM   #18
aubriee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExPirateShopGirl View Post
The Weekender (when full but not fully stuffed) fits under the seat in front of you. You might have to turn it on its side. The Grand Traveler is really too large to fit under the seat but can easily be put in most overhead bins. Again, may have to be placed on its side.
For our May trip, we plan on doing carry on only. I plan on letting my mom use my Mocha Rouge 22" spinner as a carry on and the matching Weekender as a personal item. For me, I'm hoping to be able to use one of my Grand Travelers at the carry on for the overhead bin and a matching Weekender as a personal item to go under the seat (I also have a set in the yellow Provencal pattern). As long as I don't fill them too full, do you think it'd be a problem carrying both a Weekender and a Grand Traveler on? Again neither should be completely full (I'm a light packer and we'll be staying at Bonnet Creek, so will have a washer/dryer). The weekenders should fit underneath our seats easily. Just aren't sure if they will say anything about me having both a Weekender and Grand Traveler.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:44 AM   #19
aubriee

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINFAN View Post
does using the camp out product alter washing instructions at all?
I don't know about altering the washing instructions, but be careful not to put too thick of a coat on (two thin coats, letting the item dry between coats works better). I once sprayed a VB waist bag and two duffels with some waterproofing spray I got at Wal Mart. The two duffels were fine, but I apparently sprayed it too thick on the waist bag, because parts of it turned yellow, on the material around the zippers where I really concentrated the spray. The print of the waist bag was Viva La Vera, so had a white background. The yellowed part really shows up. It was my fault though, for spraying such a thick coat on, but I wanted to make sure it was really waterproofed.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:57 AM   #20
aubriee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallent View Post
We just got our first Vera's too but we got the large duffel bags. I bought them bc they specifically list as being able to fit as a carryon for planes. DD, ds and I are traveling to Fl next week for a few days during spring break and since we're not bringing a whole lot figured these would be perfect (wish they'd been 40% off though lol I got ours through amazon). Love the camp out spray idea!
I've used a large Vera duffel as my carryon and a small Vera duffel as my personal item several times. The large duffel is always stuffed full, yet still easily fit in the overhead. The small Vera duffel I never stuff full though. It's always fits completely beneath the seat with no problem.

Off topic: I usually use packing folders and packing cubes to pack, but with the large duffel find rolling my shorts and t shirts very tightly works better. By rolling them tightly this past Oct/Nov, I was able to put eight pairs of shorts, eight thin tshirts/tanks, and a sundress in the large duffel and still had room left. I still use a slim cube or small cube for underclothes though, again rolling very tightly, before I put them in there.

Last edited by aubriee; 03-27-2013 at 06:04 AM.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:48 PM   #21
Shelly F - Ohio
Disney Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINFAN View Post
does using the camp out product alter washing instructions at all?
Nope just wash normally and then reapply the camp out. I am surprised that with camp out I find I very rarely have to wash my VB

CBR - 2004 & Joined DVC 2004,
DCL 4 night- 2005,
SSR - Feb 2005, 06, & 09, Oct 08, May 2011, Oct 12, Feb 13..... CSR 07,... AKV Sept 2008,2012,2013... VWL Feb 2009, 2010, 2012 ... OKW Sept 2009, Feb2012...BCV 2013, 2014
Shelly F - Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:10 PM   #22
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

I love love love my Weekender! It's been on many Disney trips & always goes under the seat. We have an outlet 45 min. from here & I'm like a kid in a candy store in it. It's often 40% off plus if you're an outlet VIP (you can sign up online) sometimes they'll let you use the 25% off one item at Vera coupon on top of the 40% off. That blows my mind & I have such a hard time deciding what I want with that aweseome deal!

Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
[/SIZE]
TaraPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:45 AM   #23
lck33
DIS Veteran

I am so thankful for all of the insight I have received. I think I am hooked and may have to pick up the matching weekenders. We do travel a lot and think this would probably be a very good investment anyway. Have to check to see when the next sale is.... Oh boy how a savings can turn into an expense.. Lol!!!

Thanks again everyone!!!

lck33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:05 PM   #24
MickeyEars
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyEars View Post
I purchased the Weekender a couple of months ago. I will be using it for the 1st time on our upcoming Disney trip. I really like the size thus far!!

Carla
I accidently lied... Mine is the Metropolitan and I'm glad because it is smaller than the Weekender.

Carla
Old 03-28-2013, 08:26 PM   #25
Wynnebee
Earning My Ears

I've travelled frequently with my weekender and never had a problem with it fitting under the seat. Most recently I used my Vera messenger bag and it was fabulous, I cant wait to see the Mickey Vera patterns when they come out later this year.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:48 PM   #26
MrsBoyer428
Mouseketeer

Personally I use my Vera (day and night print) tote when I'm traveling for work, and I check the rest of my bags. I just bought the Weekender in Plum Crazy for our Disney Cruise in April and am planning on using it as my carry on so I don't have to go through my carefully packed suitcases when we stay at the port the night before we sail, and then to fill with some adult beverages so I can carry them on the ship.

Honestly, no matter what Vera you buy, you can't go wrong. I looked into the Grand Traveler, but for what I was looking for, it was too big, and if I have the room, I will definitely overpack and then be mad at myself when it's too heavy and I have to go from the door, to the very last gate at the furthest concourse at the airport(because that's how my luck goes when I fly)

I'm so glad to see other people love Vera as much as I do.

P.S. Have you seen these?? http://www.disney-world-personal-sho...gs-purses.html

MrsBoyer428 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: