Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2013, 10:11 PM   #31
JWCJ
Mouseketeer

Thanks to some bad influences here on DIS, my sewing machine has been rescued from the basement (My MIL owned a fabric store and was attempting to teach me how to quilt. I haven't really touched the machine since she died 5 years ago). I was thinking of making a couple small stroller bags that could somehow attach towards the front of the double stroller, so each girl could have her own access to things like snacks and stickers. Any ideas of how I could make something like that?

Ja's Make A Wish PTR

MAW TR!
JWCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:33 PM   #32
angel's momma
DIS Veteran

Jo - That's a great idea. The Disboutiquers have a thread, and they're very helpful. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2975559

Pretrip Report: Angel's Make a Wish Cruise on the Dream /and extended days at WDW PTR :We have dates 4/13-25
Trip Report: Angel's Make a Wish DREAM Cruise & extended days at wdw: April 13-25, 2013

Previous trips: 2013 Apr. 18-25 2010 May 8-15 2009 Dec. 4-11 2008 Dec. 15-24 2008 Aug. 30-Sept 7
2007 Sept. 1-8 2006 Dec. 9-16 2006 Sept. 26-Oct.3 2005 Sept. 25-Oct.8 2004 Dec. 11-21 All at POP
CRUISE 2013 Apr. 14-18 Disney DREAM
angel's momma is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2013, 10:40 PM   #33
JWCJ
Mouseketeer

Thanks Christi :-) I'll post on there!

Ja's Make A Wish PTR

MAW TR!
Old 03-25-2013, 11:34 PM   #34
Lilfoot93
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenziema View Post
Hi everyone we're back. So a little update, Kenzie was originally scheduled to go to WDW in late November long story short her doc never signed off on her paperwork, and anyway she ended up the the hospital until like 2 weeks before Christmas. But we got rescheduled for the end of May, so she's turning 4 in WDW. Check out our PTR, I'll try to keep it updated.
Sorry to hear she was in the hospital. How wonderful she gets to celebrate her birthday at Disney World though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWCJ View Post
We met with our wish grantor again today :-). She is such a sweet girl. She's going to meet with us at the hospital next week (Ja's in for her MTX lumbar puncture) with a "countdown box" with little activities for the girls to do each day! Considering the fact that she is finishing up her degree these next couple of months, I am amazed that she is putting so much work into our trip.
We also decided that instead of having a going away party we would do a "Welcome Home Princess Tea Party." That way the girls can tell their friends and family about the trip and give out little souvenirs. Things are going to be so hectic leading up to the trip; this seems like a better idea :-)
What a fun idea to have a Welcome Home Princess tea party! I LOVE the idea!!

Jackie

TR: Trev's Star Wars MAW trip

Trevor DS 9 (wish kiddo) Allie DD 6 Kara DD 6
Lilfoot93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:34 PM   #35
NEmel
Mouseketeer

So getting a little nervous. We leave in 9 days and have our preliminary reservations, but haven't gotten our final paperwork. Still waiting on boarding passes, luggage tags, and the check! Our wish granters wanted to set up a little pizza party next Tuesday night and then we have his going away party next Friday night after we check into the hotel. Not sure if they will wait until then?? Oh well, we will just go with it! Trying to get more packing done and just mainly need to add last minute things. My grandma was admitted back into the hospital today, so I hope she gets out before we leave. Hope everyone has a great week, we are finally getting some spring weather!!
NEmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:02 PM   #36
JWCJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEmel
So getting a little nervous. We leave in 9 days and have our preliminary reservations, but haven't gotten our final paperwork. Still waiting on boarding passes, luggage tags, and the check! Our wish granters wanted to set up a little pizza party next Tuesday night and then we have his going away party next Friday night after we check into the hotel. Not sure if they will wait until then?? Oh well, we will just go with it! Trying to get more packing done and just mainly need to add last minute things. My grandma was admitted back into the hospital today, so I hope she gets out before we leave. Hope everyone has a great week, we are finally getting some spring weather!!
If you're seeing the grantors twice before you go, I imagine you're fine. I understand it being nerve wracking though!
I hope your grandma is okay and gets out of the hospital quickly :-)
So close! Exciting!

Ja's Make A Wish PTR

MAW TR!
Old 03-27-2013, 09:40 AM   #37
jmerchlinsky
Earning My Ears

We got our Dates

Hello Everyone we got our Dates, we are going May 25th -31st and We will be there for one of the Star Wars Weekends, Cameron is so excited and we just cannot wait.

To keep up to date follow our Pre Trip Report with the link below.

Dad Of 4
Lexie 8 Abby 6 Cameron(Soon to be wish child)5 John (Wish Kid) 3 Married to the Wonderful and Charming Angelina

Cameron's Pre Trip Report

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post47358702
jmerchlinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:21 PM   #38
ajjwmaw
Earning My Ears

Jmerch, yay! We will just miss each other.

Maroo, thanks for the new thread!

Jo, the stroller bags sound fun! I'm not a sewer, but there are so many fun ideas of things to make that I think I will give it a go.

I just posted in Jenna's PTR, but things are not going terribly well with our trip planning. We have been waiting for nearly two weeks to get confirmation that we can extend. I thought that we would hear something by now, even if it was just a verbal confirmation (it didn't take this long to get the wish approved and to get dates!). Second, I realized yesterday that the day we leave is Jenna's first ever dance recital, that she is very excited about. Of course, I am the one that gave MAW this date!! I feel awful. I have asked the wish granters to see if it would be possible to delay our trip one day, but I feel like that is asking a lot, so I'm not sure it will happen. Almost anything else and I would be ok missing, but she is so excited (of course she is more excited about the wish trip, so there is some consolation).

Aaron JuliePrincess J 12/08 (Wish Kid - bravely battling leukemia!) WildMan 9/12
ajjwmaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:16 PM   #39
taliasmom
Mouseketeer

So Talia's Dr. sends me an email saying she doesn't recall denying any wishes. Lord, please let that work in our favor!!
taliasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:10 PM   #40
taliasmom
Mouseketeer

Dr. Said she didn't think Talia would get much out of the trip, but she would sign off on it if I felt otherwise. I FEEL OTHERWISE!! Looks like Talia's back in the game.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:55 PM   #41
taliasmom
Mouseketeer

Must be a Lucky day, Talia gets her trip, which I know she will love!! And my niece decided today would make a good birthday! Full of gratitude and warm fuzzies today.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:58 PM   #42
JWCJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmerchlinsky
Hello Everyone we got our Dates, we are going May 25th -31st and We will be there for one of the Star Wars Weekends, Cameron is so excited and we just cannot wait.

To keep up to date follow our Pre Trip Report with the link below.
Yay for dates!

Ja's Make A Wish PTR

MAW TR!
Old 03-27-2013, 11:04 PM   #43
JWCJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajjwmaw
Jmerch, yay! We will just miss each other.

Maroo, thanks for the new thread!

Jo, the stroller bags sound fun! I'm not a sewer, but there are so many fun ideas of things to make that I think I will give it a go.

I just posted in Jenna's PTR, but things are not going terribly well with our trip planning. We have been waiting for nearly two weeks to get confirmation that we can extend. I thought that we would hear something by now, even if it was just a verbal confirmation (it didn't take this long to get the wish approved and to get dates!). Second, I realized yesterday that the day we leave is Jenna's first ever dance recital, that she is very excited about. Of course, I am the one that gave MAW this date!! I feel awful. I have asked the wish granters to see if it would be possible to delay our trip one day, but I feel like that is asking a lot, so I'm not sure it will happen. Almost anything else and I would be ok missing, but she is so excited (of course she is more excited about the wish trip, so there is some consolation).
They do seem fun... Especially fun with the idea that I won't have to rummage through bags every time Ja wants a snack! She just never reset to normal eating after that first month of steroids.

Boo to the dance recital. I understand how big it is when they can return to activities and start doing normal stuff. Moving the date by one date (have you heard if the tickets are booked?) and the extension are two separate things, though. Don't be afraid to ask. It's worth a shot! If it doesn't work, will the recital have a dress rehearsal a day or two before?

Ja's Make A Wish PTR

MAW TR!
Old 03-27-2013, 11:05 PM   #44
JWCJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by taliasmom
Dr. Said she didn't think Talia would get much out of the trip, but she would sign off on it if I felt otherwise. I FEEL OTHERWISE!! Looks like Talia's back in the game.
AWESOME! I'm sure Talia will enjoy it and the trip also is an opportunity for your whole family to travel and make memories!

Ja's Make A Wish PTR

MAW TR!
Old 03-27-2013, 11:41 PM   #45
ajjwmaw
Earning My Ears

Taliasmom, I'm so happy for you! What a great day!!

I never ever thought about dress rehearsal, duh!! That will be just as fun for her. I am feeling so much better now! I am normally not such a worrier - I think that I just want to over compensate sometimes since she had to miss out on so much.

Aaron JuliePrincess J 12/08 (Wish Kid - bravely battling leukemia!) WildMan 9/12
ajjwmaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: