DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 09:33 AM   #31
wdrl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunzia View Post
The best observation is that Disney is not predictable My year long waitlist came through right when current year points would be available on a stripped contract. I have a March use year and lo and behold guidle called me March 2nd with contract..so they may have had that contract, stripped, and just didn't sale until points were available. Of course that could have been a contract taken back for non payment, but if they have a waiting list they are pretty sure they can sell those contracts as soon as current year points kick in.
In the almost four years I have been tracking DVD activity on the Orange County Comptroller's website, I can count on one hand the number of deeds I have seen where a buyer is only getting points for a date in the future. If DVD does not have points for the current Use Year, it won't sell the points until the next Use Year has started. Even if a buyer is willing to buy a deed in which the first set of points isn't available until September 2013, DVD won't sell those points until September 1, 2013, at the earliest.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:53 AM   #32
AInWonderland
As the monorail attendant says "Don't go inside until the doors open"

So if I am on the waitlist for an OKW April use year next week may be my turn? I hope so!
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2013, 11:45 AM   #33
LoriKutchey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AInWonderland View Post
So if I am on the waitlist for an OKW April use year next week may be my turn? I hope so!
Me too Hopefully hear something soon
LoriKutchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:20 PM   #34
fairy8i8
Spread the Magic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz View Post
I've noticed it. That webcast which featured specials on classic resorts did it's job. Some people are waitlisted to buy direct, and some have bought resale.

I've waiting on ROFR for BLT. The rumors of the price of Grand Floridian Villas spurred me on to try to buy the "classic" monorail resort!
Could you point me to this webcast? I have heard people talk about it, but don't know where to find it. Thanks!
fairy8i8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:49 PM   #35
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairy8i8 View Post
Could you point me to this webcast? I have heard people talk about it, but don't know where to find it. Thanks!
It was on set dates at the end of last month. I don't think they are offering replays.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:41 PM   #36
DVC BLT
Earning My Ears

To the OP point - its brutal how quickly contracts are disappearing for BWV and BC.

What is with the sudden love for BWV? Now that we are interested in adding on, there are no contracts!

Not to mention the asking prices seem to have climbed significantly compared to only a few months ago.

Bummer!
DVC BLT is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: