Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2013, 11:57 AM   #421
PopArtGal
Mushu's Best Gal Pal

I have to say I take things slower since I don't do a lot of rides. My migraines are worst now and a lot of the rides spark one. So I tend to do other things hehe

2014 (July) Contemporary -Concierge (Bay Lake View) 2013 (July) POR - 2012 (December) Contemporary -2012 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View), 2011 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View),2010 (July) Contemporary (MK View), 2010- (March) All-Star Music, 2009- Contemporary (MK View),2008- Port Orleans Riverside (July),2007- Port Orleans Riverside (May & December),2006 - All-Star Music (July),2004 - All-Star Music (May),2000 - Travelodge Maingate (April),1991 - Rodeway (On intl' drive),1987- Quality Inn,1985 - Sheraton
PopArtGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:28 PM   #422
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

such a good diser taking notes while the laundrys in way to go!!! I usually do it at night when the kids fall asleep

cheekypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-24-2013, 01:42 PM   #423
katt789
DIS Veteran

Too bad epcot was so busy that morning, but at least you guys had some fun, and got on soarin!I HAVE to try that croissont bread pudding! Read about it in Jess's TR and it sounds amazing! Yum!

God I love the beach club, it's SO PRETTY!! Even just for a laundry break!

I need to get to AK in the afternoon sometime, I'm sure it's way less crowded by that time, and I'd love to see it at night!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:46 PM   #424
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Yay, Safari pictures!!! You are right, that metal bar you took the picture of is where you overlook the Hippos on WAT.

I've never seen the Cheetahs that close before! And yay for an active Lion!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

PhoenixStrength is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:50 PM   #426
KatMark
DIS Veteran

First, LOVE that Peanut is crawling. It all goes so fast.

Two good updates, Mel...although I'm sorry the first part of it had issues with your getting milk on your shirt and the crowds again.

I cannot believe you got pictures of the lion up and walking around; we have NEVER seen him move at all.

I love that photopass picture...a very different pose.
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:48 AM   #427
gracer9977
Happiness is Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post

Really? You would get in line instead of trying to get a FP early in the day and do other rides with shorter lines in the middle of the day? (I don't mean that in a rude way, just confused/curious)
Hi. No I would totally use Fast Pass and come back for the shorter line. I would never voluntarily wait in a long line unless I really wanted to ride it and there was no other option.

I am pretty excited about Cedar Point FINALLY getting a Fast Pass like system. You have to pay an extra $50.00 (which seems ridiculously expensive) to get a wrist band that lets you bypass the main line. Last year was the first year they had it and we tried it for one of the days we were there and it was Awesome. We didn't wait longer than an hour to ride anything which was amazing.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:57 AM   #428
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Bummer that you spilled your chocolate milk. I did something similar with my Grand Mariner Slushie.

I really want to try Sum of All Thrills but I'm afraid my stomach couldn't handle it.

I've actually scene Living With The Land with a line like that! When we were there in November, the line stretched all the way back to Soarin'.

You got some great pictures on the Safari. I see that Stephanie beat me to the question you had about the WAT. I love the pictures of the Lion and the Cheetah. Someday I will see them moving around!
Pluto0809 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:55 PM   #429
AvasMommy526
Mouseketeer

Innovations looks so fun! I can't remember ever spending a lot of time there but since it will be pretty hot when we are there and I really think Ava will enjoy it, we will make some time definitely!!
Bummer about the chocolate milk, that is totally me, I always spill Glad it came out though!
Love the Safari and the photo of the 4 of you!!!!

AvasMommy526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:52 AM   #430
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Love the safari pictures! Also, the PP is excellent - I like the different pose, it helped showcase Claudia better I think. EE does look better with the gray skies, gives it some realism. :D
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:04 AM   #431
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

What a good Diser you are for taking notes while doing the laundry. I need to do better at taking notes because most of my trip report writing comes from memory.

I've never seen the savannah look so empty! But, like you said, what animals you did see were up and about and waiting for their pictures to be taken. Very cool that you got to see both the cheetah and the lion walking around.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:28 AM   #432
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

Location: Second star to the right, and straight on til morning

Wow, those animals really were active! AND THE LION!? I wasn't sure he could actually stand up! (So funny that you're doing safari pics now, because that's my next installment, too! Guess I had better get to it!)

Your mei tai carrier (spelling?) is gorgeous!

Ooooh, I love the way EE looks in the mist!

***What Means "Ay, Caramba?"--Famous for Family of the Day, a Sept TR--IN PROGRESS!!

Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-YouTube & Mobile Device-Friendly Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-Vimeo Version
Instagram: disneyjenn1
Fantasyland Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:11 AM   #433
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Cool lion and cheetah pictures! You're right-EE does look really good in the gray weather.
shan23877 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:47 PM   #434
glaserjm
DIS Veteran

Hi Mel! I just started following along and didn't want to be a lurker, so wanted to pop in and say hi! I look forward to reading about the rest of your adventure...it is disappointing when our Disney plans don't get exactly how we imagined them for the months prior, so good for you for choosing to focus on the positive and list your accomplishments rather than list the things you wanted to do but missed!

Oh and Claudia is gorgeous!

glaserjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:54 PM   #435
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu View Post
Awesome lion pics ! He loos much more scary when he's up and about rather than when he is lying around all lazy (thats how is is whenever I've seen him) !

EE looks really cool with the cloudy sky .. but i sure hope the weather got better for you guys !
Yes he does look much scarier standing up. Usually he just looks like a giant cat.

That was the worse day for us weather wise. It was chilly enough to need light jackets, and it was drizzling all day. It never rained hard though, and it got much warmer later on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopArtGal View Post
I have to say I take things slower since I don't do a lot of rides. My migraines are worst now and a lot of the rides spark one. So I tend to do other things hehe
That makes sense. It's hard to resist the temptation of doing rides, but if you can't do too many of them, it's easier to appreciate the other stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
such a good diser taking notes while the laundrys in way to go!!! I usually do it at night when the kids fall asleep
Laundry is boring, sitting there and taking notes meant not having to walk back and forth between the room and laundry several times, and it gave me a break from baby duties. I would have done it after everyone had gone to sleep, but I couldn't go on the balcony because the pack n play was in front of the door (and silly me didn't think of moving it), I didn't want to keep people up with the light on, and frankly, I was often exhausted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
Too bad epcot was so busy that morning, but at least you guys had some fun, and got on soarin!I HAVE to try that croissont bread pudding! Read about it in Jess's TR and it sounds amazing! Yum!

God I love the beach club, it's SO PRETTY!! Even just for a laundry break!

I need to get to AK in the afternoon sometime, I'm sure it's way less crowded by that time, and I'd love to see it at night!
I only had a tiny bite of the croissant bread pudding, but it was such an interesting combination! You'll probably love it.

Yes, the Beach Club is incredibly pretty.

AK is the one park where it makes sense to get there later. If you need to sleep in one day, or if you want to park hop from another park, it's a good park to go. The last few hours are often way less busy because everybody leaves early, or after the parade at the latest. There are still showings of the Lion King until pretty late, and then you have a good chance of being able to do EE several times with minimal wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
Yay, Safari pictures!!! You are right, that metal bar you took the picture of is where you overlook the Hippos on WAT.

I've never seen the Cheetahs that close before! And yay for an active Lion!
Thanks for the info! Felines are my favorite animals so I was super happy to get to see BOTH the cheetahs and lions up and moving that day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I always love when I see pictures of the lion up and walking
It was exciting to see him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
First, LOVE that Peanut is crawling. It all goes so fast.

Two good updates, Mel...although I'm sorry the first part of it had issues with your getting milk on your shirt and the crowds again.

I cannot believe you got pictures of the lion up and walking around; we have NEVER seen him move at all.

I love that photopass picture...a very different pose.
She's moving everywhere now! So cute to see her exploring.

The crowds and the chocolate milk incident sucked, but we had planned on doing laundry at some point anyway. Plus, it got us back to Animal Kingdom when we weren't even we'd make it back, and we got to see the lion walking so that was one major PLUS. It all worked on in the end, even though I felt like crying that morning.

I need to remember that photopass pose and do it again.

ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: