Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2013, 09:43 PM   #16
JWCJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenziema
Hi everyone we're back. So a little update, Kenzie was originally scheduled to go to WDW in late November long story short her doc never signed off on her paperwork, and anyway she ended up the the hospital until like 2 weeks before Christmas. But we got rescheduled for the end of May, so she's turning 4 in WDW. Check out our PTR, I'll try to keep it updated.
Hi! Glad to hear that everything is back on track (ugh to paperwork mishaps). How exciting that Kenzie will get a Disney birthday :-).

Ja's Make A Wish PTR

MAW TR!
JWCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:51 PM   #17
JWCJ
Mouseketeer

We met with our wish grantor again today :-). She is such a sweet girl. She's going to meet with us at the hospital next week (Ja's in for her MTX lumbar puncture) with a "countdown box" with little activities for the girls to do each day! Considering the fact that she is finishing up her degree these next couple of months, I am amazed that she is putting so much work into our trip.
We also decided that instead of having a going away party we would do a "Welcome Home Princess Tea Party." That way the girls can tell their friends and family about the trip and give out little souvenirs. Things are going to be so hectic leading up to the trip; this seems like a better idea :-)

Ja's Make A Wish PTR

MAW TR!
JWCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-23-2013, 11:27 PM   #18
angel's momma
DIS Veteran

Victoria - I haven't looked recently, but in the past I've found Disney shirts on clearance at JCP. Maybe ebay? I hope you can find some for Jack.

Jo - So glad you have a wonderful wish granter. The Welcome Home Princess Tea Party is a fantastic idea.

Pretrip Report: Angel's Make a Wish Cruise on the Dream /and extended days at WDW PTR :We have dates 4/13-25
Trip Report: Angel's Make a Wish DREAM Cruise & extended days at wdw: April 13-25, 2013

Previous trips: 2013 Apr. 18-25 2010 May 8-15 2009 Dec. 4-11 2008 Dec. 15-24 2008 Aug. 30-Sept 7
2007 Sept. 1-8 2006 Dec. 9-16 2006 Sept. 26-Oct.3 2005 Sept. 25-Oct.8 2004 Dec. 11-21 All at POP
CRUISE 2013 Apr. 14-18 Disney DREAM
angel's momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:13 AM   #19
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneplustwins View Post
Hi everyone, having a hard time finding Disney clothes for my son Jack, the wish child. . I am a bargin shopper and found lots of stuff for my other two kids, especially my daughter. Been to every Goodwill in the at win Cities, well maybe not every but a lot...mitiple times. He just turned eight but is 140 pounds due to the medicatio he has to take for his Cerebal palsy and he can't excercise normal either. Although he loves swimming. Anyhow I checked Walmart, Target and Kmart in the men's section ....so many popular t shirts out with characters, but no Disney or Mickey for men. I did order adorable iron ons from etsy so we will all have matching shirts for one day. But, he is already has so many other things to over come I feel bad. I did look at Disney and found some but or like $30 or $40 bucks. Anyone have any other suggestions of where to look? I have spent hours googling but can't find anything. A few in men's XL but that would be too big. He is only four feet maybe 6 inches? Anyhow any suggestions would be awesome! Thanks so much!
It is beyond amazing to see his pure excitement about going!
Since we are home sick with strep right now we have spent lots of time reading Disney books and watching movies! Yea!
Kenziema glad things are back on trak! Yea!
Has anyone felt nervous before you go because things are always so chaotic? I am so grateful and happy, but jack's health has been so up and down his like I just can't believe this blessing! So excited. And praying we all get, and stay healthy. Sorry such a long post!
Victoria
Here are a few at the Disney Store in sizes small to large...jump on them quickly they are on clearance and the price marked gets an ADDITIONAL 25% deducted using code BONUS.

For example, the first shirt I posted is $5.99-$1.50= $4.49

Hope you are able to find something you and Jack like! There are a lot more than I am posting.

Villains

Mickey

Perry

Goofy

Captain Hook

blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:19 AM   #20
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenziema View Post
Thanks , how is Lisa and the rest of your amazing family? I hope all is well.
Far too much to bore you with here! I DID finish our TR (FINALLY ) and it is in my siggie if you want to read. Use the chapter links to just get to the meat of the story. And I HAVE started out TR of our redo trip! We had so much fun and were even able to volunteer at GKTW which was one of the highlights of our trip! I am so ready to do it all again! YOu are gong to have the most amazing trip and I am glad to see you back. So many come and go here and it is nice to know how the children are dong. Thank you!
Old 03-24-2013, 09:46 AM   #21
Oneplustwins
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone! You guys are so amazing! Blessed mom4 I got some on Disney clearance! Thank you! I never thought to look there. Such an amazing group here. Many blessings to each of you!
Oneplustwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:26 AM   #22
blessedmom4

Quote:
Thanks everyone! You guys are so amazing! Blessed mom4 I got some on Disney clearance! Thank you! I never thought to look there. Such an amazing group here. Many blessings to each of you!

That makes me smile, I am SO happy you were able to find something. Did you see this one?

Walt Disney World

There is also one in white for ladies, if you wanted to sort of match them.

I hope you post pics of your wonderful finds when they arrive, if you have time.

Last edited by blessedmom4; 03-24-2013 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Typo Queen
Old 03-24-2013, 03:59 PM   #23
Oneplustwins
Mouseketeer

Blessed mom4..... That is too funny, I got him that one! Blue is his favorite color! . I also got him a brown one with Grumpy on it! Thank you again!
Oneplustwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:06 PM   #24
2012bella13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post
Don't forget to SUBSCRIBE - so that you can get the updates!!

More to come!!

subbing
MAKE A WISH TRIP MAY 2011
2012bella13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:28 PM   #25
blessedmom4

Quote:
Blessed mom4..... That is too funny, I got him that one! Blue is his favorite color! . I also got him a brown one with Grumpy on it! Thank you again!

That is WONDERFUL! He should have some shirts that make him happy.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:23 PM   #26
Kenziema
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Glad you got what you needed.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:27 PM   #27
Kenziema
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
Far too much to bore you with here! I DID finish our TR (FINALLY ) and it is in my siggie if you want to read. Use the chapter links to just get to the meat of the story. And I HAVE started out TR of our redo trip! We had so much fun and were even able to volunteer at GKTW which was one of the highlights of our trip! I am so ready to do it all again! YOu are gong to have the most amazing trip and I am glad to see you back. So many come and go here and it is nice to know how the children are dong. Thank you!
Could never bore me. I finished reading you TR yesterday, I must say I teared up quite a bit when reading about Little Miss Celebrity, DH came in the room like what's wrong, did something happen? Lol I am sssooooo happy for you all.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:37 PM   #28
Kktraylor
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWCJ View Post
We met with our wish grantor again today :-). She is such a sweet girl. She's going to meet with us at the hospital next week (Ja's in for her MTX lumbar puncture) with a "countdown box" with little activities for the girls to do each day! Considering the fact that she is finishing up her degree these next couple of months, I am amazed that she is putting so much work into our trip.
We also decided that instead of having a going away party we would do a "Welcome Home Princess Tea Party." That way the girls can tell their friends and family about the trip and give out little souvenirs. Things are going to be so hectic leading up to the trip; this seems like a better idea :-)
That's awesome! Can't wait to see pics!
Old 03-25-2013, 12:34 AM   #29
angel's momma
DIS Veteran

Victoria - So glad you were able to get Jack some shirts.

Pretrip Report: Angel's Make a Wish Cruise on the Dream /and extended days at WDW PTR :We have dates 4/13-25
Trip Report: Angel's Make a Wish DREAM Cruise & extended days at wdw: April 13-25, 2013

Previous trips: 2013 Apr. 18-25 2010 May 8-15 2009 Dec. 4-11 2008 Dec. 15-24 2008 Aug. 30-Sept 7
2007 Sept. 1-8 2006 Dec. 9-16 2006 Sept. 26-Oct.3 2005 Sept. 25-Oct.8 2004 Dec. 11-21 All at POP
CRUISE 2013 Apr. 14-18 Disney DREAM
angel's momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:38 AM   #30
blessedmom4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenziema View Post
Could never bore me. I finished reading you TR yesterday, I must say I teared up quite a bit when reading about Little Miss Celebrity, DH came in the room like what's wrong, did something happen? Lol I am sssooooo happy for you all.
You are so sweet! I am happy you were able to read the magic of our trip. Yes, my little celebrity loved being famous! She lives and thrives on that, but it definitely isn't for everyone. Had it not been her wish, it isn't something I would have wanted to do, it is a LOT of attention and I am certain that many children would NOT like that at all.

As you read, we had a lot of down time on Lisa's wish trip as well, which was a HUGE blessing to us...that and just rolling with what happens are two of my biggest pieces of advice. Also, DON'T try to make magic happen, I assure you, it will occur naturally, when you least expect it. Just keep a HUGE smile on your face and remember, you are in Disney with your daughter...what could POSSIBLY be better/more magical than that?!?!? Tell DH to watch out...I expect a LOT of happy tears will be shed on this trip by you! You have waited a long time for this trip and it just helps add to the anticipation. will follow you and you will be blessed for NOT forcing the trip, but allowing it to happen in the right time! I had to adjust to that with so many postponements..and the wait was all worth it in the end!

I really AM glad you are back and came to share with us!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: