Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2013, 07:25 PM   #871
francis6306
DIS Veteran

I love Claire's face "Haha, sucker! They aren't getting me!"

You do get some great shots!

Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:24 PM   #872
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

OK remember way back in February when I promised to stay caught up on this TR?......well I lied But I'm now all caught up on ALL the TRs I subscribe to even the ones I just lurk on. And I stayin caught up...that's my plan and I'm sticking to it!

The Abby stories are to funny!

It looks like you all are having such a good time with the cruise so far. I really hope I can take River on one some day. It would have to be a Disney one of course.
Kathy Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-24-2013, 05:44 AM   #873
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

I love all the photos. Oh what I would give for having a Disney ship docked in front of another Atlantis.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:00 AM   #874
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
I think I may have been to that fort. The gardens look great despite the storm and the flamingo march was fabulous. Wathcing the kids react is priceless. I bet in spite of their reactions, thy will remember that for the rest of their lives.

The shot of the Dream with Atlantis in the background is simply beautiful.
We did enjoy the Flamingoes. I am sure the kids will remember it forever, whether it be good memories or nightmares.
The Dream with Atlantis in the background was so beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
I love Claire's face "Haha, sucker! They aren't getting me!"

You do get some great shots!
She does have that face, doesn't she?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
OK remember way back in February when I promised to stay caught up on this TR?......well I lied But I'm now all caught up on ALL the TRs I subscribe to even the ones I just lurk on. And I stayin caught up...that's my plan and I'm sticking to it!

The Abby stories are to funny!

It looks like you all are having such a good time with the cruise so far. I really hope I can take River on one some day. It would have to be a Disney one of course.
Don't feel bad. I am doing ok keep caught up right now, but the next few weeks are busy and I am bound to get way behind again. I was hoping to get more of my TR up, but I just can't seem to find the extra time to edit pictures and then write it up.
River would love the ship!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I love all the photos. Oh what I would give for having a Disney ship docked in front of another Atlantis.

Corinna
Thanks. We had a great time and that view was awesome.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:22 AM   #875
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I continued taking pictures of the Fort area.

I kept switching cameras, so I am not sure if these are in exact order. It was really neat and I was so tempted to go inside. But I knew everyone else would be waiting on me.

I just love the views!

Another fantastic view.

We all got back on the bus then and soon we were headed into town.

I tried to take pictures as we drove, but they arenít the greatest from a bus with tinted windows.

At times we would see beautiful houses and other times we basically saw holes in the ground. My family did NOT like Nassau at all. They thought it was dirty and falling apart. I have to agree with both, but also recently seeing some other ports just about 6 weeks prior, I didnít really think it was all that much worse than the other ports civilian areas. And we have to remember that a hurricane had come through just a week or 2 prior.

Old 03-24-2013, 06:35 AM   #876
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

As we drove along, our bus driver did point out things and tell us what certain places were or represented.

Some of us look a little tired.

Or perhaps bored?

We then approached Fort Fincastle.

As we drove around it, our driver asked if we would like to stop and take a look Öand yes I did Öbut everyone else shouted no! UGH! I didnít say anything, but I really did want to check this place out, more so than Ft. Charlotte. Oh Well, maybe next time.

Not far from there is the Queens Stairs.

This was made for the Fort so they could escape in an invasion. I actually think I read or heard that it never was actually used in that matter though.

We did stop here and some of us took a look around.

I wasnít about to head down the steps Ö..because then you had to climb back up!

There was a man sitting there telling tidbits about the stairs, but he was there to make money. He wanted a tip. We didnít stick around too long and then headed back to the bus and off back towards the port.

When we got dropped off, that is when we learned that our driver was brand new. He did such a great job and I never wouldíve known it if we hadnít been told. We all gave him a tip and headed on our way.

Old 03-24-2013, 11:01 AM   #877
LoveMickey
Can't wait to feel the "wonder" of the Disney Wonder!

I am enjoying your trip report. Great job.

I also love Claire's clothes. You do a nice job making them.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:25 PM   #878
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Jen, great photos as always!

I love the view from Fort Fincastle. If you come to Nassau again, you can walk up to the Fort. It's about a 15 minute walk from the port.
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:18 PM   #879
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

I would normally be in your family's camp as I absolutely hated Nassau. We got off during our first cruise, but only stayed in Nassau for about 90 minutes. On our second cruise we also stopped in Nassau and I refused to get off the ship. Still, having seen some of your photos, I wonder if it has deserved another look.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:18 PM   #880
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMickey View Post
I am enjoying your trip report. Great job.

I also love Claire's clothes. You do a nice job making them.
Thanks. I don't make them though, I borrow or buy. I am not that crafty at all. I did make our blue tie dye shirts and that was enough for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Jen, great photos as always!

I love the view from Fort Fincastle. If you come to Nassau again, you can walk up to the Fort. It's about a 15 minute walk from the port.
Thanks again Karin.
I actually thought about walking back, but I didn't. I did tour it back about 10 years ago with Skip. I think we toured 2 or 3 that trip. But I would love to go back again and check them out. Hopefully in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I would normally be in your family's camp as I absolutely hated Nassau. We got off during our first cruise, but only stayed in Nassau for about 90 minutes. On our second cruise we also stopped in Nassau and I refused to get off the ship. Still, having seen some of your photos, I wonder if it has deserved another look.

Corinna
Yeah, it's not the nicest place. But a lot of those prts are poor countries and depend on tourism. That is one reason I do like the excursions through Disney. I can take a look at things I probably wouldn't normally know about. I know I can do some on my own, but I often feel safer doing it through DCL.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:59 AM   #881
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

After we got done with our tour, we all made our way back to the ship via the customs House.

I was on the hunt for a magnet. They have a few shops there, but nothing was grabbing my attention. I decided I wanted to stay in port a bit and look around at some shops. I had not had an opportunity to do so on our last cruise here, so today I wanted to take a look around. No one else wanted, to, including Claire, so she headed off with the family and I went off on my own.

I browsed a few shops and found a magnet and also found a sun dress for Claire that was really cute. She has not worn it yet, so I sure hope it still fits for this upcoming summer.

I kind of just hung back and took pictures. I liked this horse and carriage.

See the guy walking behind the carriage? Well he liked me! UGH. I kind of got nervous as he came right over as he saw me take the picture and started talking. Let’s just say, he was CREEPY! He was missing the majority of his teeth yet he thought he was some sort of prize. He came over and told me how beautiful I was and how he would never let me walk around by myself if he was my husband. ICK>>>> Get away from me! Finally he did leave. Thank goodness. I made sure to stay in plain view of other people and right near an entrance to a shop.

After he went on his way, I took a few more pictures.

And I made my way back to the customs house, being sure to walk the long way around where that guy was standing.

I had to take a few pictures of the Dream in port. It’s one of those things you can never have enough pictures of.

A look back at the customs house.

A look up at the Aqua Duck.

Isn’t she just “dreamy”?

And back on the ship I went.

Old 03-25-2013, 08:02 AM   #882
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

While I had been shopping in Nassau and talking with Mr. Creepy, the rest of the family made their way back to the ship.

Rob later told me that the girls took off with Aunt Mary and they were on a mission to get back to the rooms and change and go swimming. I guess at one point, Claire panicked because she didnít have her swimsuit, but Alexis, the wise, pointed out she was wearing her lanyard and it had her room key in it, so she would be able to get her suit. Yay, crisis averted!

Rob, Gail, Geoff and Abby had taken it slower to get back on the ship and when they got to the atrium there was a mass meet and greet going on and they stopped off to get many pictures.

Abby is all about the princesses, so they stopped and waited in line.

Evidently they didnít have the ships photographers out, because there were no pictures of this meet on our CD. I do have Geoffís pictures though.

Abby seems a little unsure with her meet with Cinderella.

Getting a bit friendlier with Tiana.

She was more comfortable with Belle, now getting into meet and greet mode.

I didnít ask Gail how this worked, but it almost looked like they had to wait in a separate line for each princess. I know in the past, they had one line for all of them and that worked really well for us.

Princess Minnie was upstairs.

Old 03-25-2013, 09:29 AM   #883
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

When we were in the Custom House, there were soooo many people that there was no way that I could get any pictures. I'm talking wall-to-wall people!

Sorry Mr. Creepy was pestering you! You never know what you'll run into in Nassau. That's why we pretty much stuck to just our tour group.

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:36 PM   #884
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
When we were in the Custom House, there were soooo many people that there was no way that I could get any pictures. I'm talking wall-to-wall people!

Sorry Mr. Creepy was pestering you! You never know what you'll run into in Nassau. That's why we pretty much stuck to just our tour group.
It was busier last cruise too. We must've hit it at the right time.
That guy was so creepy and he thought he was a smoothy. Um yeah, I am going to leave my husband and live with him in the bahamas.
Old 03-25-2013, 03:02 PM   #885
tinkerbellandeeyor
DIS Veteran

Abby looks so happy with bell

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: