Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2013, 06:37 PM   #76
Tekneek
Mouseketeer

The truth is that the offender has no control over whether or not you are offended. Only you can grant them permission to offend you by then being offended. I choose to not let others offend me, because ultimately all I can control is myself (not others). If I didn't like what I heard on a podcast, I would simply choose not to listen.
Tekneek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:35 PM   #77
UConnFan
Mouseketeer

I just listened to the episode again and I have to say, I'm surprised this is the issue they are getting flack for. This episode is rich with controversial topics. This is to say, if you are a regular listener, you know what to expect. As a regular listener, I know that I may not always agree with what the team says. I also know these are some of the kindest, most welcoming, hardest working, and compassionate people I *know*. The team has worked hard to create a welcoming environment where everyone is safe.

July 14-21, 2014 - Port Orleans Riverside
December 6-9 2013 Disapalooza - Pop Century
May 19-26 2013 Disneymoon at Pop Century
December 17-21 2012 - Pop Century
New Years 2010/2011 - Pop Century
July 2010
April 2005 - Fort Wilderness Campground
June 2004
UConnFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:20 PM   #78
SamSam

DIS Veteran

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConnFan View Post
I also know these are some of the kindest, most welcoming, hardest working, and compassionate people I *know*. The team has worked hard to create a welcoming environment where everyone is safe.
Well said!
Old 03-22-2013, 07:28 PM   #79
lodgelady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by two-foxes View Post
I remember the comment about the Pope. Being Catholic, I was offended by it. Didn't like it one bit. Now, that being said, I have listened to the podcast since literally day one, have heard the round table change members, change formats for good and bad, but one thing that has always stayed the same...is the honest opinions and lack of political correctness and tactful or sensitive comments on the podcast. I have laughed my butt off to some of the comments they have made and have wanted to turn off the iPod at others...and I reckon I have turned it off once or twice.

I am not here to defend the podcast or the round table. As you can see, they have plenty of followers to do that for them. But don't sweat it. You know your Faith, you know your beliefs and you know what some others think of them. So don't hold on to it...there will be another victim tomorrow. Listen to the show for the info and entertainment. If you get hung up on those comments, this show probably isn't going to be your cup of tea. But, I hear what you're saying...
This is exactly how I feel!! Well said two-foxes.

lodgelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:47 PM   #80
timallen
Mouseketeer

All the guys on the podcast are the salt of the earth and are probably the most christian people out there with there charity work and very giving attitude. I for one will be humbled if i ever meet them offended by any of them never thanks podcast guys and keep up the great work.
timallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:00 PM   #81
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by timallen View Post
All the guys on the podcast are the salt of the earth and are probably the most christian people out there with there charity work and very giving attitude. I for one will be humbled if i ever meet them offended by any of them never thanks podcast guys and keep up the great work.
I agree. Well said.

wallawallakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:28 AM   #82
elbigvato
Earning My Ears

I usually lurk these boards, and have been lurking for years - but I feel the need to reply. I have been listening to the podcast for years, and I must say that the team has made comments that could offend just about anyone and everyone.

However, I find this kind of humor refreshing - I am really tired of the PC "watch what you say" attitude that is mainstream today. And also, many times they are making jokes about themselves as well...

elbigvato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:47 AM   #83
timallen
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallawallakids View Post
I agree. Well said.
timallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:32 AM   #84
laura_<3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConnFan View Post
I just listened to the episode again and I have to say, I'm surprised this is the issue they are getting flack for. This episode is rich with controversial topics. This is to say, if you are a regular listener, you know what to expect. As a regular listener, I know that I may not always agree with what the team says. I also know these are some of the kindest, most welcoming, hardest working, and compassionate people I *know*. The team has worked hard to create a welcoming environment where everyone is safe.
Exactly!
August 2005 - Indian Ridge Villas May 2009 - All Star Sports (Steven's first trip!)July 2011 - Royal Palms Villas July/August 2011 trip reportSeptember 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside September 2012 trip report July 2015 - Our Disney Wedding, Port Orleans Riverside
Engaged at Magic Kingdom 23rd September 2012 My Youtube Channel New - My wedding blog https://lauradisneybride.wordpress.com/
laura_<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:19 AM   #85
UConnFan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elbigvato View Post
However, I find this kind of humor refreshing - I am really tired of the PC "watch what you say" attitude that is mainstream today. And also, many times they are making jokes about themselves as well...
Amen! Their no-holds-barred sense of humor is part of what makes the podcast so great!

July 14-21, 2014 - Port Orleans Riverside
December 6-9 2013 Disapalooza - Pop Century
May 19-26 2013 Disneymoon at Pop Century
December 17-21 2012 - Pop Century
New Years 2010/2011 - Pop Century
July 2010
April 2005 - Fort Wilderness Campground
June 2004
UConnFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:40 PM   #86
dansyr2514
DIS Veteran

I'm catholic. I went to catholic school elementary and high school. I honestly can't even remember the comment that was made. Here is my advice... If you don't like the show... Don't listen. There are tons of disney podcasts out there that go out of the way to make sure they offend no one. I listen to the ones I like and I do not listen to the ones I don't. These are the choices we make everyday... In the shows we watch, music we listen to etc. These podcasters have a sarcastic sense of humor.. And that is why I enjoy the show and do not take offense. I hope they never get to the point where they censor themselves so much that they become just one of those disney podcasts that are all sugar and sunshine.
Old 03-24-2013, 03:54 PM   #87
SamSam

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansyr2514 View Post
I'm catholic. I went to catholic school elementary and high school. I honestly can't even remember the comment that was made. Here is my advice... If you don't like the show... Don't listen. There are tons of disney podcasts out there that go out of the way to make sure they offend no one. I listen to the ones I like and I do not listen to the ones I don't. These are the choices we make everyday... In the shows we watch, music we listen to etc. These podcasters have a sarcastic sense of humor.. And that is why I enjoy the show and do not take offense. I hope they never get to the point where they censor themselves so much that they become just one of those disney podcasts that are all sugar and sunshine.
Amen. I hope they never censor themselves to the point that they are just like any other podcast (sugar coated). I love their humor, thier compassion and kindness towards all shows that the humor is just that...not a slam.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:03 PM   #88
wdw71
DIS Veteran

Talking It is funny to me

I think part of many problems today is the fact that everyone is too d@mn sensitive. Down with political correctness!!!
Old 03-24-2013, 08:32 PM   #89
msande
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdw71
I think part of many problems today is the fact that everyone is too d@mn sensitive. Down with political correctness!!!
Agreed, and I hope they never change. I appreciate their humor, honesty and no holds attitude. I have a stressful job and this podcast keeps me grounded in reality. I've listened for years now (heard every episode) and can honestly say Tuesday is my favorite day of the work week. Where else can you hear about the "Thanksgiving soup kitchen" and "who wants more bad"?
msande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:44 PM   #90
pinkerbell
FREE DDP 06, 07, 08, 09 & 10!!

Oh god (lol) I hope they didnt apologize! people should not have to apologize for another person's inability to move on.

mom dad dd 9 dd 7
Link to AOA pics - more than you could possibly want!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009843
Summer 87 Magic Kingdom College Program, 4 93, 4 94 and 3 95, 3 & 10 96, 10 98, 5 99, 10 01, 10 02, 10 04 & 10 05 off property 5 05 and 10 06 ASSports 9 07, 9 08 & 9 09 ASMo, POR 2 10, POP 4 10 and ASMo 9 10, ASMo 9 11, Dolphin 2 12, POP 4 12, AoA 9 12, Dolphin 1 13, POP 4 13 Dolphin 1 14 POP 4 14
pinkerbell is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: