Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2013, 07:24 AM   #76
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Yay, you started! I hope our road trip is as uneventful as yours!

Looking forward to more. But you feel better...no rush!
Old 03-23-2013, 08:20 AM   #77
15isto2
DIS Veteran

Its amazing to see how much your kids have grown up.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-23-2013, 05:18 PM   #78
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Hi Carissa!

I haven't been on the DIS much lately so I haven't seen any recent pix of your boys. Wow! Are they getting big!

Looking forward to all your pix and stories,

Kathy
Old 03-24-2013, 06:24 AM   #79
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
Yay, you started! I hope our road trip is as uneventful as yours!

Looking forward to more. But you feel better...no rush!
I hope so too, although I imagine you'll have more traffic than we did.

I think maybe the cough is getting better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15isto2 View Post
Its amazing to see how much your kids have grown up.
I know! Looking back at pictures from our last trip--they look so little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Hi Carissa!

I haven't been on the DIS much lately so I haven't seen any recent pix of your boys. Wow! Are they getting big!

Looking forward to all your pix and stories,

Kathy
Hey Kathy! Well, until I started this TR, I really hadn't been on the Dis either so you hadn't missed any pictures of my boys.

Thanks for stopping by!

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
Old 03-24-2013, 08:59 AM   #80
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Day 2 - Part 1

~ Tuesday, March 12 ~

The next morning we awoke to a rainy day. I knew Tuesday was the one day in the forecast for possible rain. We planned to bring Baxter to Best Friends Pet Care and then head to Downtown Disney. Here is the view from our room:

We ate breakfast in the room. I'd brought along our electric tea kettle for hot water, and some instant oatmeal. So along with the coffee provided in the room and some fruit, we had a good breakfast.

We weren't in a rush to get out of the room, but I think it was around 10 a.m. when we headed out. I plugged Best Friends Pet Care into my google maps app on my phone and it wasn't far away. We found it easily. The great thing is that Fort Wilderness is about a 3 minute drive from the kennel! This would be a big help as we planned to visit Baxter every day.

This is the front of the building:

We got Baxter all checked in. The girl who took care of us was a little lacking in the friendliness department. I felt she needed a bit of pixie dust. She wasn't rude and everyone else we encountered the rest of the week was really nice. We left Baxter's food with them (they provide food but Baxter tends to have tummy issues when we switch his food) and two toys (they provide a dog bed). It was really difficult to leave him as we've never done that except with family. But we felt he'd be well taken care of. I'll have more pictures and info on day 3.

We decided to brave the rain and head over to Downtown Disney. Thankfully, it never poured and the rain wasn't a big issue. Our first stop was the Disney Store.

(This picture was taken for Sully's girlfriend, who was celebrating a birthday that day.)

This picture cracks me up.

Then we headed over to the Lego Store.

View of a wet DTD:

We visited Team Mickey. I couldn’t find any Patriots gear.

The boys were all told they could get one souvenir on the trip (not counting pins). The younger two considered getting one of these cars that you can put together yourself. We convinced them to wait.

Our tummies began to rumble so we headed to Wolfgang Puck Express—one of our favorites. We basically had the place to ourselves. Using a Disney gift card and sharing a couple of pizzas, our lunch only cost $15 oop.

The younger two ordered kids meals and we ordered two pizzas to share—a Traditional Margherita and a fennel and sausage. Sooooo delicious!

With lunch finished, we headed out to look around some more.

Sully wanted to check out pins so we headed to Pin Traders. All three boys ended up buying a new lanyard with pins. And that led to our first trading of the trip.

More looking around…

At this point, it was 12:30. We decided to head over to Fort Wilderness and see if our cabin was ready. Fingers crossed!

Up Next -- Day 2 - Part 2

Last edited by carissanboys; 03-28-2013 at 12:46 PM.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:18 PM   #82
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Love how empty downtown disney is! Wolfgang puck food is YUM! How scarey is it that Sully is the age for having a girlfriend
Old 03-24-2013, 06:52 PM   #83
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a nice morning at DTD, despite some rain. The boys are getting so grown up!

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
Old 03-25-2013, 06:03 AM   #84
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Wow! This picture shows how tall Sully is!

I'm glad you got Baxter checked in easily. Fun afternoon at DTD!

Can't wait to see your cabin!!!!!
Yeah, he does look really tall in that picture. He and Owen used to be closer in height. But I'm sure Owen will shoot up soon too and catch up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvpoohandcompany View Post
Love how empty downtown disney is! Wolfgang puck food is YUM! How scarey is it that Sully is the age for having a girlfriend
Well, he really isn't old enough for a girlfriend! This is a girl he's been friends with since we moved to Virginia 4 years ago. They "liked" each other even back then. They don't see each other often, but they've started talking on the phone once a week and had a chaperoned date recently. It's pretty innocent. She is a smart girl who is focused on school and lots of extra curricular activities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
Sounds like a nice morning at DTD, despite some rain. The boys are getting so grown up!

Amanda
That they are!

Old 03-25-2013, 04:41 PM   #85
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Great start to the trip. We are driving in December and hope it goes well.

That day you were at DTD we were at Epcot. We bought umbrellas there and then it stopped raining.

Looks like fun times at DTD.

Funny how kids never change. I remember the first day anywhere I wanted to spend my money also.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:46 AM   #86
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
Well, he really isn't old enough for a girlfriend! This is a girl he's been friends with since we moved to Virginia 4 years ago. They "liked" each other even back then. They don't see each other often, but they've started talking on the phone once a week and had a chaperoned date recently. It's pretty innocent. She is a smart girl who is focused on school and lots of extra curricular activities.
Sounds like the perfect girlfriend for any mother's son My middle child is 15 now and I was asking him about girlfriends and he said that when you had a girlfriend at school you hung around together at lunch until you decided you wanted to play football (soccer) on the pitches and then they never spoke to you again so he decided to just stick with playing footy because that way he gets to remain friends with the girls he likes All makes perfect sense I'm so thankful that he too focuses on his studies and isnt yet interested in going out at night (even if it does interfere with my dreams of disney racing )
Old 03-26-2013, 07:13 AM   #87
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Great start to the trip. We are driving in December and hope it goes well.

That day you were at DTD we were at Epcot. We bought umbrellas there and then it stopped raining.

Looks like fun times at DTD.

Funny how kids never change. I remember the first day anywhere I wanted to spend my money also.
Heck, I'm still that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvpoohandcompany View Post
Sounds like the perfect girlfriend for any mother's son My middle child is 15 now and I was asking him about girlfriends and he said that when you had a girlfriend at school you hung around together at lunch until you decided you wanted to play football (soccer) on the pitches and then they never spoke to you again so he decided to just stick with playing footy because that way he gets to remain friends with the girls he likes All makes perfect sense I'm so thankful that he too focuses on his studies and isnt yet interested in going out at night (even if it does interfere with my dreams of disney racing )
He sounds like a smart boy!

Old 03-26-2013, 11:05 AM   #88
momrek06
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OPShell Smuggler!
BEE FRAGMENTS??? I do NOT eat bees!!

GREAT REPORT, Carissa!!!

Sorry about the RAIN. Oh my. I hope it was not like that everyday?

SULLY IS SO TALL!!! He is his father!!!

Your pictures are awesome!!!

That PIZZA looks DELISH!!!

KAR

Old 03-27-2013, 07:24 AM   #89
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
GREAT REPORT, Carissa!!!

Sorry about the RAIN. Oh my. I hope it was not like that everyday?

SULLY IS SO TALL!!! He is his father!!!

Your pictures are awesome!!!

That PIZZA looks DELISH!!!
Thanks Karen No, that was the only day of rain.

Old 03-27-2013, 02:02 PM   #90
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

It's hard to believe how much your boys have grown up!

Boo for rain, but at least it doesn't look like it slowed you down too much. Loving an empty DTD!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: