Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2013, 03:59 PM   #16
starrysky
DIS Veteran

I was more thinking about suitcase space as well. If I take a toilet bag I end up with way more stuff than I would need for some reason. Make up I have managed to reduce so it's down to one small bag.
Love the idea of the box though,
Think having looked at our list from garden grocer last year if we take out a lot of the food items it will be probably still be over the minimum value.

To the pp that asked you order your items from garden grocer and select a time slot for the delivery. We picked the hour after we landed at mco for delivery. Got to OKW checked in and then we called bell services who took our items to the room for us. Garden grocer need proof of ID when you buy alcohol I just emailed a scan of my passport and they accepted that.

DH would be happy with the stuff in the room only but I'm fussy about not having shampoo and conditioner separate as the stuff at POFQ is two in one.

I am guilty however of having a large collection of hotel toiletries that come home with me but they look so cute in my bathroom. And I do like the bars of soap.

1986 Hilton Downtown Disney, 1992 Offisite Kissimmee, 2006 Offsite (sheraton vistana) 2009 POFQ, 2010 POR, 2011 OKW, 2012 OKW, 2013 POFQ

starrysky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:36 PM   #17
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrysky View Post

DH would be happy with the stuff in the room only but I'm fussy about not having shampoo and conditioner separate as the stuff at POFQ is two in one.

I am guilty however of having a large collection of hotel toiletries that come home with me but they look so cute in my bathroom. And I do like the bars of soap.
They were separate bottles last year. They have changed and don't have such a chemical smell to them. Still, my hair probably wouldn't be too happy using that for 3 weeks
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-23-2013, 05:39 PM   #18
starrysky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post

They were separate bottles last year. They have changed and don't have such a chemical smell to them. Still, my hair probably wouldn't be too happy using that for 3 weeks
Ah right I have some of the old two in one bottles. We got the separate ones at OKW last two trips but I thought they were only doing that at the DVC and up level resorts.
But my hair still resembles a chia pet using that stuff and I have naturally very straight hair.

1986 Hilton Downtown Disney, 1992 Offisite Kissimmee, 2006 Offsite (sheraton vistana) 2009 POFQ, 2010 POR, 2011 OKW, 2012 OKW, 2013 POFQ

Old 03-23-2013, 05:54 PM   #19
crabbie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies
I take and toiletries with us, seal them in ziploc bags and put then into an empty plastic biscuit 'tin' in the suitcase so they are not susceptible to being squashed and if they do leak, they leak into the ziploc bags.

We just bin any left over before we come back. I wouldn't use the resort stuff on my hair but some say it's fine. I certainly wouldn't use it on hair that tends to be dry or is color treated though
Exactly what I do I take half bottles of things and just leave or throw away. I do actually like the H20 range but wash hair often so the little bottles dnt last long.
I dont see the point in paying for more stuff when u can take basics from home.
Our cases are never over going out and pay for an extra one to bring back.
Everyones different and you have to do whats best for you xx
Old 03-23-2013, 06:03 PM   #20
starrysky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbie1 View Post

Exactly what I do I take half bottles of things and just leave or throw away. I do actually like the H20 range but wash hair often so the little bottles dnt last long.
I dont see the point in paying for more stuff when u can take basics from home.
Our cases are never over going out and pay for an extra one to bring back.
Everyones different and you have to do whats best for you xx
Yes I'm just weighing up the options. Pardon the pun

Old 03-24-2013, 02:24 AM   #21
zippy99
DIS Veteran

We tend to take brand new of everything with us and like others here we do the ziplocks and I have a box that stops things getting squashed.

The other thing I take is a medical box with essentials: bonjela /Anbesol, paracetomol ibuprofen plasters bite cream, athletes foot cream (all that walking in trainers) ear drops, toothpicks, cottonwool, earbuds and nail clippers
We may need none of these items but it is a comfort to know I have them without the stress if paying OTT prices - DH got a bad ear last year hence ear drops and cottonwool making an appearance in this years box.

With the exception of medical and expensive toiletries we also leave left overs when we come back.

Disneyworld Orlando - AKL, Disney Dream & Contemporary - October 2014 Disneyworld Orlando - Wilderness Lodge & RPR - August 2013
Disneyworld Orlando - RPR & CBR - August 2012 Florida Emerald Island Resort - October 2011
Disneyworld Orlando - OKW - October 2010 Disneyworld Orlando - POFQ - September 2009
Disneyworld Orlando - Pop Century - January 2008 Disneyland Paris - DisneyLand Hotel - Christmas 2006
Disneyland Paris - Sequioa Lodge - October 2005 Disneyland Paris - Sequioa Lodge - March 2004
zippy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:47 AM   #22
starrysky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy99 View Post
We tend to take brand new of everything with us and like others here we do the ziplocks and I have a box that stops things getting squashed.

The other thing I take is a medical box with essentials: bonjela /Anbesol, paracetomol ibuprofen plasters bite cream, athletes foot cream (all that walking in trainers) ear drops, toothpicks, cottonwool, earbuds and nail clippers
We may need none of these items but it is a comfort to know I have them without the stress if paying OTT prices - DH got a bad ear last year hence ear drops and cottonwool making an appearance in this years box.

With the exception of medical and expensive toiletries we also leave left overs when we come back.
See that's what I mean I buy brand new everything as well and my suitcase ends up looking like half if boots is in there.
We do leave the left overs there as well apart from the medical stuff.
Though DH is of the opinion if we need it we can buy it there. He does not get the just in case we need it bit.

Old 03-24-2013, 04:50 AM   #23
crabbie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrysky

See that's what I mean I buy brand new everything as well and my suitcase ends up looking like half if boots is in there.
Though DH is of the opinion if we need it we can buy it there. He does not get the just in case we need it bit.
Lol I could say something but I wont as I may typecast all our male disers
Old 03-24-2013, 05:35 AM   #24
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrysky View Post
Although we leave the leftovers behind, there is usually so little left in the bottles of toiletries anyway. A full, large bottle of shampoo for example will see DD and I through our stay but there is hardly any left when we bin it on departure.

I don't take any medical supplies. There is first aid available at all the parks and resorts for emergencies and the resort shops sell the basics. I just take some nurofen and kids paracetamol but otherwise, I only take what I KNOW I'm going to use. If we only might need it, then we can get it there if we do. I was really sick last year while we were away and glad I didn't take any of our pathetic watered down flu meds from here or I would have used them and not been able to get up and go out to the parks half the trip. Instead I spent about $10 over the course of 10 days on a few packs of good ol' US flu tabs and they worked a treat
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:42 AM   #25
scotty4040
Earning My Ears

You can also order from amazon and have it shipped to your resort then pick up when you arrive.
scotty4040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:59 AM   #26
starrysky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post
Although we leave the leftovers behind, there is usually so little left in the bottles of toiletries anyway. A full, large bottle of shampoo for example will see DD and I through our stay but there is hardly any left when we bin it on departure.

I don't take any medical supplies. There is first aid available at all the parks and resorts for emergencies and the resort shops sell the basics. I just take some nurofen and kids paracetamol but otherwise, I only take what I KNOW I'm going to use. If we only might need it, then we can get it there if we do. I was really sick last year while we were away and glad I didn't take any of our pathetic watered down flu meds from here or I would have used them and not been able to get up and go out to the parks half the trip. Instead I spent about $10 over the course of 10 days on a few packs of good ol' US flu tabs and they worked a treat
Yes I can say thank heavens for American Advil it was a life saver for me. And that fantastic tooth ache gel DH would not have coped with out that one year.

Thanks scotty4040 for the tip about amazon is it easy enough to order off the us amazon site? I have seen a few people talking about ordering stuff before but never looked into it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: