Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2013, 02:59 PM   #856
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Thanks. Well.....twist of events. He got there and the Dr said he is healing pretty good and with some back and forth talking, He said it was up to Skip if he wanted the surgery and Skip said no, so we went out for breakfast and then home. He's pretty happy. I am glad not to have spent the day at the hospital, but still didn't get anything really done here at home either.
Jen, glad to hear that the surgery could be avoided.
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:41 PM   #857
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Thanks. Well.....twist of events. He got there and the Dr said he is healing pretty good and with some back and forth talking, He said it was up to Skip if he wanted the surgery and Skip said no, so we went out for breakfast and then home. He's pretty happy. I am glad not to have spent the day at the hospital, but still didn't get anything really done here at home either.
I am glad that he is healing well and did not need surgery after all. That is great news.

By the way, I have started my Dubai mini trip report. You can find this here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post47859629

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-20-2013, 04:45 PM   #858
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Yay for avoiding surgery! Now you just have to keep him in line until he heals completely. Good luck with that !

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:23 PM   #859
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

So glad Skip could avoid surgery!

Jill in CO
Old 03-20-2013, 09:18 PM   #860
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Poor Abby but those pictures are so funny she's like I don't care how pink you are get away from me
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:46 PM   #861
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Nice walk around before bed time.
Thanks for the walking tour of the ship. It looks so pretty.
I kind of agree with the no pic in the kids club rule.
Nice pics in Nassau.
LOL. That sign is funny.
That poor Flamingo. That is why they should be held in captivity.
All caught up again.
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:01 AM   #862
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Jen, glad to hear that the surgery could be avoided.
I was too

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I am glad that he is healing well and did not need surgery after all. That is great news.

By the way, I have started my Dubai mini trip report. You can find this here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post47859629

Corinna
Yay. I am there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Yay for avoiding surgery! Now you just have to keep him in line until he heals completely. Good luck with that !

Yeah right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
So glad Skip could avoid surgery!

Jill in CO

Me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Poor Abby but those pictures are so funny she's like I don't care how pink you are get away from me
Thats so funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Nice walk around before bed time.
Thanks for the walking tour of the ship. It looks so pretty.
I kind of agree with the no pic in the kids club rule.
Nice pics in Nassau.
LOL. That sign is funny.
That poor Flamingo. That is why they should be held in captivity.
All caught up again.
I agree. I am actually surprised they let people in there with them for that very reason. I am sure she is not the only one who has ever touched one.
It's meat to be part of, but if you think about it, I really wonder how well they are treated.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:02 AM   #863
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Alexis isn’t all that keen on the flamingoes either.

Claire was safely in between her 2 cousins, so no worries for her.

The kids then were allowed to sit back down and the flamingos ran around a few more times.

One of the rebels.

See the 2 fighting on the right side? I was laughing and we were putting words in their mouths. “Did you see that girl grab my neck? I have been marching for over 30 years and NO ONE has ever grabbed my neck! I can’t believe she did such a thing”.

“I am filing a claim with workman’s comp!”

“I have never had my feathers in such a ruffle”.

“Let’s get out of here”.

That really was a fun thing to see. Not something I would want to do every trip, but I good thing to try at least once. The flamingoes are beautiful too.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:05 AM   #864
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

After the show we did a little more looking around.

With our tickets, we could get a free drink or snack, so we headed over to the snack bar and each got a pop. Well the rest of the family pretty much got bottle waters, but Claire and I got pops. When we got on the bus, the family noticed that the label said Bahamian water and they refused to drink it. They said after seeing the disgusting green water there, there was no way they would take a chance of drinking it. I am sure it was fine, but I wasn’t going to be the guinea pig on that one either.

We next headed towards Fort Charlotte.

We had the option of staying on the bus or getting off and taking a quick look around.
I believe this is when Aunt Mary said she was getting off to stretch and Abby comes darting down the bus aisle and says “I’m going with Murry”. We all laughed and said, “Um Murry, you have someone joining you”.
I think about half the bus got off, and Claire and I did as well. I took a few pictures. It was really neat to see, but sad to see the graffiti on the buildings.
You can see the ship from here too.

My beloved lighthouse

I love this picture.

I took a lot of pictures with the ship in the distance.

Dad, Rob and Alexis had walked up towards the Fort, but came right back down.

Claire and I went up there next. Now to actually go in the Fort it cost money. I think it was only like a dollar or 2, but since we had limited time there, I didn’t want to hold everyone else up by going in. I would probably get carried away with pictures inside and not pay attention to time. I believe Skip and I toured this Fort many years ago too.

Old 03-21-2013, 09:15 AM   #865
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I'm betting that the words that you spoke on behalf of the flamingos is just about what they were really thinking. I was going to show John the Abby vs. the flamingo pictures last night but I didn't get a chance. He'll get a chuckle out of them.

Oh, I hate to see the graffiti on the buildings. Why can't people just leave historical (or any building for that matter) alone? It takes away from the beauty.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:21 AM   #866
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I'm betting that the words that you spoke on behalf of the flamingos is just about what they were really thinking. I was going to show John the Abby vs. the flamingo pictures last night but I didn't get a chance. He'll get a chuckle out of them.

Oh, I hate to see the graffiti on the buildings. Why can't people just leave historical (or any building for that matter) alone? It takes away from the beauty.
I bet he will laugh. They might have Abbys picture outside the gate now that says "do Not let the girl back in!"

I hate to see it too. When were in Cozumel, there was some at the ruins too. And the Guide there said they really work on trying to clean it and prevent it now. But for many years the place just basically sat there with no one protecting it.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:36 AM   #867
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

The flamingos are really pretty! I love your photos of the ship in the distance.

Just me and my girla very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Lovemy3babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:28 AM   #868
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

The flamingo shots are awesome! An absolute hoot! I especially love the captions! But my favorites are the ones with the look on Alexis' face and Claire standing next to her laughing. She really is her mother's child, isn't she?

And I also love the shot of the Dream with Atlantis in the background. So tell us.... how did you get her to post there for you?
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 02:10 PM   #869
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
The flamingos are really pretty! I love your photos of the ship in the distance.
Thanks. I liked those shots too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
The flamingo shots are awesome! An absolute hoot! I especially love the captions! But my favorites are the ones with the look on Alexis' face and Claire standing next to her laughing. She really is her mother's child, isn't she?

And I also love the shot of the Dream with Atlantis in the background. So tell us.... how did you get her to post there for you?
Claire was pretty brave, which is funny because in the past, Alexis is usually braver.

I just asked the Captain to just pull her there so I could get the perfect shot!

Last edited by jenseib; 03-21-2013 at 08:34 PM.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:26 PM   #870
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

I think I may have been to that fort. The gardens look great despite the storm and the flamingo march was fabulous. Wathcing the kids react is priceless. I bet in spite of their reactions, thy will remember that for the rest of their lives.

The shot of the Dream with Atlantis in the background is simply beautiful.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: