|03-23-2013, 12:48 AM||#1|
Earning My Ears
Join Date: Mar 2013
Need help - First Disney trip ever!!!
So, Iíve lived 21 years of my life not knowing the magic of visiting a Disney park. But all that is about to change this May. Iíve booked my first trip to Disney World which also happens to be my first solo trip away from home. Needless to say, a lot of excitement and anxiety.
Iíve only been doing research for the last couple of weeks so there are still a lot to learn. Below is my plan, please let me know if you have any tips or suggestions, even the smallest details help
- Iíll be at the Music resort from May 13-May 17 (Flower festival and the start of Star Wars weekend)
- Using Magical Express
- 5 days, 4 nights with Park Hopper, no water park
- Hoping to do 1 park each day. If Animal Kingdom doesnít take as long, Iíll spend the other half at Downtown Disney or back to Magic Kingdom
- No dining plan
- Pre-ordered PhotoPass Plus. Was told that Iíll receive a voucher in the mail and I must bring that voucher to the Photo Center to receive a package
I do have a few questions that I really hope you can help me with.
1. I want a photo of me riding Dumbo. Iíve pre-ordered PhotoPass Plus but Iím not sure if there are photographers around the Dumbo ride. Not to mention wait time, if thereís a line, a photographer probably would not wait around for that.
What should I do? Will there be cast members around that area that can take my pictures at the Dumbo ride? Should I ask other visitors? What are some tips on asking people to take your picture? Ask them while waiting in line? Ask as they're letting people climb in/on Dumbo? Is it possible to have my pictures taken DURING the ride (while Dumbo is flying)?
2. My last day, May 17, is the start of Star Wars weekend. My flight leaves at 6:30pm. I want to enjoy the Star Wars celebration but also donít want to miss my Magical Express bus. What will the bus traffic like, going from Hollywood Studio back to Music resort? At what time must I absolutely leave the park to catch my Magical Express? And what happens if I miss my bus to the airport? Is it easy to request another one?
3. Is it safe to bring my mini iPad on the rides? Itís my only smart device and I need it for the apps, map, and online access. Itíll be in a crossbody/messenger bag
4. What kind of bag do you use to carry stuffs around the park? Fanny pack? Backpack? Crossbody bag?
5. Need tips on posing for photo alone (when there's no other Disney character in the shot)
Again, all suggestions are appreciated. Thank you in advanced for your help!
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|