Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2013, 08:59 AM   #31
abk96
Remember the true heroes, our police, firefighters, and the brave men and women in the military. Thank you for keeping us safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytieeldr View Post
When this board's search feature isn't working, Google works. In addition to a couple of DIS threads, there were results from ask.com, Cruise Critic, mousebuzz, and more. And again, the TSA website is a great source.
Wow! So are you saying that this community never asks questions a few times or more?

Isn't that what this is for after all.

Are the Disboards turning into a search only and don't dare type a question kind of website.

I'm done with this thread now because I've noticed that some people here on this portion of the dis are rude.

Thanks to those that truly did help me with my question. I know not everyone is so rude.
July'09 BWV--June'12 BC-CL--July/Aug'13 BWI-CL--July/Aug'14 GF-CL and BWI

abk96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:27 AM   #32
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012

Location: There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Board!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abk96
Wow! So are you saying that this community never asks questions a few times or more?
No. I'm saying exactly what I said: when the DIS search doesn't work, Google does. And that was merely information. Somebody else asked if you'd done a search.
kaytieeldr is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-22-2013, 01:32 PM   #33
abk96
Remember the true heroes, our police, firefighters, and the brave men and women in the military. Thank you for keeping us safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytieeldr View Post
No. I'm saying exactly what I said: when the DIS search doesn't work, Google does. And that was merely information. Somebody else asked if you'd done a search.
Yes and you are saying that my question was not welcome to be asked by telling me to do a search.

I'm glad I don't hang around the Transportation Thread a lot.

Thank you again to everyone else who contributed an answer to my question.

Moving on now!

Old 03-22-2013, 01:38 PM   #34
NotUrsula
DIS Veteran

Just FTR, I know the hold is pressurized. I didn't mean to imply that it wasn't.

However, just as the pressurization of the cabin can cause things like the expansion of the air in a bag of potato chips in your carryon, so can it cause expansion of the air inside a bottle of water (or any other airtight container, for that matter.) If a bottle's seal happens to be a bit faulty, it is possible for that pressure increase to cause a leak -- I have had it happen with some factory-sealed toiletry and food items in the past.

Is it likely? No, not very. Is it possible? You bet. If my bag happens to be underneath the OP's in the hold of the aircraft, I'd appreciate it if she took the trouble to be prepared for that slim possibility.
NotUrsula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:01 PM   #35
abk96

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotUrsula View Post
Just FTR, I know the hold is pressurized. I didn't mean to imply that it wasn't.

However, just as the pressurization of the cabin can cause things like the expansion of the air in a bag of potato chips in your carryon, so can it cause expansion of the air inside a bottle of water (or any other airtight container, for that matter.) If a bottle's seal happens to be a bit faulty, it is possible for that pressure increase to cause a leak -- I have had it happen with some factory-sealed toiletry and food items in the past.

Is it likely? No, not very. Is it possible? You bet. If my bag happens to be underneath the OP's in the hold of the aircraft, I'd appreciate it if she took the trouble to be prepared for that slim possibility.
That's all very true and a good observation. But I guess people pack questionable things in their luggage all the time and hope for the best. We just don't know it.

If I do this I will make certain that it is in several plastic bags and possibly covered in bubble wrap, etc.

Thanks for the input.

Old 03-22-2013, 02:11 PM   #36
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by abk96 View Post

If I do this I will make certain that it is in several plastic bags and possibly covered in bubble wrap, etc.

Thanks for the input.
That should be fine. I took some Mountain Dew to WDW for my teenaged niece last year. I double bagged it, and then made sure it was well cushioned by my clothes. It traveled just fine.

Btw, I'm sorry you feel posters on this thread haven't been welcoming. By and large they are a great bunch! However those of us who hang out here have a tell it like it is way of posting. I honestly think that no one has meant to be rude to you. And I'm sorry you think they did.
Old 03-22-2013, 02:26 PM   #37
abk96

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
That should be fine. I took some Mountain Dew to WDW for my teenaged niece last year. I double bagged it, and then made sure it was well cushioned by my clothes. It traveled just fine.

Btw, I'm sorry you feel posters on this thread haven't been welcoming. By and large they are a great bunch! However those of us who hang out here have a tell it like it is way of posting. I honestly think that no one has meant to be rude to you. And I'm sorry you think they did.
Thanks for that Maxiesmom. I appreciate it.

And thanks for your feedback on your experience with packing liquids. I will definitely pack tightly and cover with many layers of plastic and probably bubble wrap.

Old 03-22-2013, 05:33 PM   #38
CPT Tripss
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotUrsula View Post

FTR . . . I assumed you knew . But it's been pretty evident that a lot of others here on Dis don't.

Just wondering . . . Has anyone here experienced a bag of chips or a bottle of water bursting on a flight?
Old 03-22-2013, 07:11 PM   #39
nhmommy
Mouseketeer

We have traveled with juice bottles boxes and a couple bottles of emergency formula with no issues.
Can I suggest laying the water down not standing it up, also spread it out among the luggage rather the gathered all together it will cushion better and be less likely to "pop" one. Also purchase higher priced water so the bottles are not as thin Dasani is bottled in a thicker bottle then say nestle.
nhmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:24 AM   #40
abk96

Thank you nhmommy. Glad to hear you didn't have an issue. I will use all of your suggestions when I pack along with the others too.

Now I just need time to go by faster.

Old 03-23-2013, 02:07 PM   #41
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT Tripss View Post
Just wondering . . . Has anyone here experienced a bag of chips or a bottle of water bursting on a flight?
No, but I did experience going to get a small bag of chips out of my carry-on, and being surprised at how puffed up it was! And then being too afraid to open it up, as I was afraid it would make a big boom!
Old 03-24-2013, 06:17 AM   #42
Gracie09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT Tripss View Post
FTR . . . I assumed you knew . But it's been pretty evident that a lot of others here on Dis don't.

Not burst but I had some water in a straw sippy cup for dd and when I flip the straw up water went everywhere. Thankfully it only hit me and dd and not any neighbors. On the way back I remembered to unscrew and rescrew the top first.
Gracie09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: