Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2013, 03:15 PM   #1141
OttawaDisGirl
Earning My Ears

Love my packing cubes! I travel a fair bit for work. I was pretty skeptical when I bought them and now I won't travel without them. Got mine on eBags. I also have a grid it and it IS super handy for all my cords. Been lurking in the background on this board for a while now.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:25 PM   #1142
LoveToTravel2001
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom24Princesses View Post

I have bought nightlights at the dollar store and left them behind. Sometimes the bathroom light is too much.
Glow sticks go everywhere with us. I can snap a glow stick/bracelet and leave it on the night stand to act as a nightlight in the room. I snap a stick/bracelet and attach it to the towel rod in the bathroom. You can also easily take it off the night stand en route to the bathroom. I snap a stick/bracelet and attach it to the stroller at night in the park so I can find my stroller. When DD was little, I attached one to the back of her jacket, shorts... So I could see her if she wandered away from me in the park at night or we got separated in the crowd at night. And what kid doesn't like a glow stick during fireworks?
I've also been known to hang one in the window of our room at CBR when I would go to the food court to get a snack at night. Always knew which room was mine on my return trip.
WDW - CBR 5/14 The Summit
LoveToTravel2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-19-2013, 07:41 AM   #1143
bagsmom
Mouseketeer

This is a little crazy, but I'm doing it anyway. We like to have matching shirts so we can spot each other a little more easily in the parks. I do not want to do laundry on my vacation.

I found a website that sells really cheap tee shirts in a rainbow of colors. I have about 50 tee shirts coming to us. Yikes!

I am going to pack them in space bags to get there. We will just have a few laundry bags going and throw them in the van as we accumulate laundry.

We all needed new tees for summer anyway. The kids like them as summer pjs, too. If we have waaayyy too many, I will donate them to a charity.

At $2.00 to $3.00 each, this is a worthwhile expense to save me the hassle of doing laundry on my vacation!!!!!
bagsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:16 PM   #1144
QueenQueso
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagsmom View Post
I found a website that sells really cheap tee shirts in a rainbow of colors. I have about 50 tee shirts coming to us. Yikes!
What website did you use? I have been looking for cheap shirts to do the same thing!
Old 03-19-2013, 01:07 PM   #1145
bagsmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenQueso View Post
What website did you use? I have been looking for cheap shirts to do the same thing!
jiffyshirts.com

Old 03-19-2013, 04:25 PM   #1146
bagsmom
Mouseketeer

I don't know if anyone mentioned this already, but we will bring a small air cleaner. It will help with any dust or smells, but it is really to make some white noise! Obviously, we will be driving. I can't imagine how I would cope if I had the restrictions of packing for a flight!
Old 03-20-2013, 03:39 PM   #1147
pampam
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagsmom View Post
This is a little crazy, but I'm doing it anyway. We like to have matching shirts so we can spot each other a little more easily in the parks. I do not want to do laundry on my vacation.

I am going to pack them in space bags to get there. We will just have a few laundry bags going and throw them in the van as we accumulate laundry.

We all needed new tees for summer anyway. The kids like them as summer pjs, too. If we have waaayyy too many, I will donate them to a charity.

At $2.00 to $3.00 each, this is a worthwhile expense to save me the hassle of doing laundry on my vacation!!!!!
Will you pack enough socks and underwear to avoid doing laundry too?
pampam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:59 PM   #1148
fairytalelover
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampam View Post
We think it's smarter to pack enough clothes for half of our vacation. So if we are staying for let's say 8 days we will pack for 4 then do laundry half way through. This way we have room in our luggage for souvenirs and are not lugging around heavy overpacked suitcases. Especially with all the airlines charging for extra luggage and overweight luggage, we think this is the smartest way to travel. Taking out a small amount of time to do laundry doesn't effect our vacation at all. We usually do it while we play at the pool. I go put the laundry in then get a cocktail and lounge at the pool with my family. Works out well and doesn't interfere with our fun. We also make sure to pack our own laundry detergent and softener in a ziplock bag so we dont have to buy theirs.

ME DH DSDisneyland(hundreds of times) Disneyland Hotel 6/05&12/05; Disney Fairytale Wedding@Disneyland 6/05;WDW 2/04,6/05,5/12,10/14; Port Orleans Riverside 2/04&6/05;All Star Movies Resort 5/12;Coronado Springs 10/9/14;Disney Wonder 6/05;Disney Dream 4/12;Disney Fantasy 10/18/14
fairytalelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:37 PM   #1149
bagsmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampam View Post
Oh yes ma'am!

Since we are driving from not too terribly far away, we can pack that mini-van till it's about to pop!

I feel like all I do from day to day is laundry. I'm not doing it on my vacation, no siree!

77 days till we go!
Old 03-20-2013, 11:26 PM   #1150
cocofifi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by msande View Post
I have a Disney box that I keep things in to pack for the next time. Some of my favorites;

1. Leatherman tool
2. Several battery candles so I can take a relaxing bath in candlelight (with a nice glass of wine) I used to bring very small candles but read about the fire hazard and changed to battery type.
3. A plastic 12"x12" scrapbookers storage case to bring home ride photos, maps, menus and other items I don't want bent.

Michaelle
Battery candles - what a brilliant idea for a little ambiance!
cocofifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:34 PM   #1151
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

collapsible drink cups. They fit in my cargo shorts pocket and can easily get a drink of water from one of the bathroom sinks. (Which seem colder than the water fountains, oddly enough).

This year I am going to also add some of those Mio type drink mixes so that I can flavor the water because Disney water (whether FL or CA) doesn't always taste that great.

Dr. Scholl's Friction Block. it's great on feet and other body parts for preventing blisters and chafing.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:54 AM   #1152
bagsmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckers View Post
collapsible drink cups. They fit in my cargo shorts pocket and can easily get a drink of water from one of the bathroom sinks. (Which seem colder than the water fountains, oddly enough).

This year I am going to also add some of those Mio type drink mixes so that I can flavor the water because Disney water (whether FL or CA) doesn't always taste that great.

Dr. Scholl's Friction Block. it's great on feet and other body parts for preventing blisters and chafing.
Yes - mio is going in our bag, too! I hope they expand the flavors of the "fit" variety, with electrolytes, to include lemonade.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:04 AM   #1153
hsmamato2
Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad temper
Little house on the prairie was the HEIGHT of t.v

where are you getting the collapsing cups? I used to have some, I don't anymore....
hsmamato2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:56 AM   #1154
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsmamato2 View Post
where are you getting the collapsing cups? I used to have some, I don't anymore....
these are the ones I bought:

AMAZON LINK

They work really well, just open them up before your trip, wash with mild soap and water and then fill with REALLY hot water and let stand for about an hour. This helps stretch out the plastic/rubber and make them fully expand.

The collapse to about the size of a hockey puck.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:05 PM   #1155
joanzie72
Mouseketeer

hanger with the clips

Bring the hangers with the clips. so instead of draping your swimsuits over the tub or shower curtain bar to dry, clip them on the hanger and hang on the shower curtain bar. Saves on space
The comical DS (6)

joanzie72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: