DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2013, 02:49 PM   #46
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by abner1776 View Post
With all of this discussion going on about add-ons and new point increases it got me thinking and I have these questions.

I bought direct years ago at VWL when the price diff was smaller and my UY is Oct. If I were to either add on with more VWL points or purchase another contract at a different resort, will DVC require me to only purchase a contract with an Oct UY ? I am assuming that if I were to purchase via resale I can purchase any UY I want...yes or no ??

With the large price variance between direct and resale and with some resorts being in short point supply at DVC, why is DVC not exercising ROFR more often for those resorts ? I am seeing DVC passing on contracts in the 60+ price range and yet they are "pricing" those resorts at 100+ ...seems to me ROFR would be a slam dunk for DVC.
You can buy any UY you want but it will be a separate membership and a different account if it doesn't match your original.

Disney knows at what price they are willing to sell resale to make their required profit. Raising their price may now let them hit that mark and ROFR take backs will probably increase.

Bill

disneynutz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:26 PM   #47
ironpig70
DIS Veteran

I keep seeing ROFR what exactly is this?

I am looking into DVC and on the fence about "New" versus "resale"

Lots of intereting points in this thread about resale. Didnt realize cruises where such a bad deal. Guess when/if we do a cruise we will sell our point and go OOP.
ironpig70 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-20-2013, 04:39 PM   #48
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpig70 View Post
I keep seeing ROFR what exactly is this?

I am looking into DVC and on the fence about "New" versus "resale"

Lots of intereting points in this thread about resale. Didnt realize cruises where such a bad deal. Guess when/if we do a cruise we will sell our point and go OOP.
Disney has all of the cards stacked in their favor. ROFR=Right Of First Refusal. That means that Disney has the right to step in and take the sales deal out from under the buyer.

Disney advertises all of the wonderful things that owners can buy with their points as a sales enticement. The reality is, most of those uses have limited availability, restricted availability, or cost more than if you rented out your points and paid cash.

Bill

disneynutz is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: