Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Virtual Scrapbook
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 09:17 AM   #961
Thea101
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 17

These pages are amazing. It is exactly what I am looking to do - what do you suggest for a very creative first time digital scrapbooker?
Thea101 is offline  
Old 01-22-2013, 01:30 PM   #962
JustTJ
Luv Dising
 
JustTJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 584

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thea101 View Post
These pages are amazing. It is exactly what I am looking to do - what do you suggest for a very creative first time digital scrapbooker?
I would suggest the following:

:visit mousescrappers for tutorials, challenges to earn freebies and support
:subscribe to digital scrap blogs (monthly freebies sometimes weekly are posted on blogs and facebook)
-some to start are (google these names) Scrappingwithliz, KellyBell, BritishDisigns (there are SOOO many I can't list them all here off the top of my head, but many blogs will have links to others )
:Download if you don't have it, a free trial version of a graphics program, like Photoshop Elements, or gimp
: Feel free to ask questions on how to get going. I for one love helping others get started, so pm me if you have any questions
__________________
2006 Disney Wonder "WISH" Cruise
2009 Disney Wonder "End of Chemo" Celebration Cruise
2010 Disney Magic "Halloween" Cruise
2011 Disney Dream "Mommy & Tim" B2B Cruise
2013 Disney Fantasy "Escape From Winter" Cruise

2014 RCI Oasis "Birthday Cruise"
2014 Disney Fantasy "Halloween" Cruise
JustTJ is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-21-2013, 07:05 AM   #963
luv2mickey
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 277

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustTJ View Post
I would suggest the following:

:visit mousescrappers for tutorials, challenges to earn freebies and support
:subscribe to digital scrap blogs (monthly freebies sometimes weekly are posted on blogs and facebook)
-some to start are (google these names) Scrappingwithliz, KellyBell, BritishDisigns (there are SOOO many I can't list them all here off the top of my head, but many blogs will have links to others )
:Download if you don't have it, a free trial version of a graphics program, like Photoshop Elements, or gimp
: Feel free to ask questions on how to get going. I for one love helping others get started, so pm me if you have any questions
Help me then, Please!! I have spent days researching digital scrapbooking and have decided Photo Elements is the graphics program you want now I'm trying to figure out where to buy the scrap products and then how to print? How do you like to display your pages to print photobooks or pages and place them in Albums?
luv2mickey is offline  
Old 02-21-2013, 08:49 AM   #964
JustTJ
Luv Dising
 
JustTJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 584

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2mickey View Post
Help me then, Please!! I have spent days researching digital scrapbooking and have decided Photo Elements is the graphics program you want now I'm trying to figure out where to buy the scrap products and then how to print? How do you like to display your pages to print photobooks or pages and place them in Albums?
Personally, I use persnickety prints to get prints of my 12x12 size pages. They have a sale usually twice a year and thats when I purchases. I submit my files online to them, and shipping is only $5.00 regardless of how many sheets I order. They are fantastic at what they do! I prefer getting individual 12x12 prints and then slide them into the sleeves in my album. I hope this answers your question, and if not, please ask again. As for scrap products, Start at Mousescrappers, under challenges. They have template challenges where you can pick up free templates to start. They have kit challenges, where you can pick up (download) a kit to use (ALL FREE) Do you have a facebook account? If so I'll pm you my links to the scrapping facebook sites where there are ALWAYS freebies to be found. My purchased kits, come from my favourite designers: British Designs, Kellybell Designs, JustSoScrappy, FranB Designs and a few more These people have blogs with freebies posted sometimes weekly, sometimes monthly.
__________________
2006 Disney Wonder "WISH" Cruise
2009 Disney Wonder "End of Chemo" Celebration Cruise
2010 Disney Magic "Halloween" Cruise
2011 Disney Dream "Mommy & Tim" B2B Cruise
2013 Disney Fantasy "Escape From Winter" Cruise

2014 RCI Oasis "Birthday Cruise"
2014 Disney Fantasy "Halloween" Cruise
JustTJ is offline  
Old 02-21-2013, 10:20 AM   #965
luv2mickey
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 277

JustTJ, the more I read about printing the more confused I get, let me see if I'm understanding this right.
-Sites like Shutterfly and Mixbook don't seem like they print your custom pages into books....for example if you make your own pages in Photoshop Elements and want a them bound into a book. Is that correct? Seems like you just design the book in their site and then print.
-When you print your pages at Persnickety Prints what do you order? They have different finishes, what do you like?
luv2mickey is offline  
Old 02-21-2013, 11:20 AM   #966
JustTJ
Luv Dising
 
JustTJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 584

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2mickey View Post
JustTJ, the more I read about printing the more confused I get, let me see if I'm understanding this right.
-Sites like Shutterfly and Mixbook don't seem like they print your custom pages into books....for example if you make your own pages in Photoshop Elements and want a them bound into a book. Is that correct? Seems like you just design the book in their site and then print.
-When you print your pages at Persnickety Prints what do you order? They have different finishes, what do you like?


I've never (yet) ordered a BOUND book from anywhere. I like my 12x12 regular scrap albums with the clear sleaves. I order my pages just like you would a 4x6 print, only I order a 12x12 print. I prefer the Glossy finish Sites I've previously looked at for bound books, like costco ect.... generally they have their own books that you just upload your photos to, not the nicely scrap pages you make yourself. Persnickety may have an option to order your pages in a bound book, I've never investigated that yet. I like to buy my scrap albums from my trips and use those, they have a more sentimental value to it that I like.
__________________
2006 Disney Wonder "WISH" Cruise
2009 Disney Wonder "End of Chemo" Celebration Cruise
2010 Disney Magic "Halloween" Cruise
2011 Disney Dream "Mommy & Tim" B2B Cruise
2013 Disney Fantasy "Escape From Winter" Cruise

2014 RCI Oasis "Birthday Cruise"
2014 Disney Fantasy "Halloween" Cruise
JustTJ is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 10:21 AM   #967
PrincessNancy96
My family drove me nuts, and then I got stuck in traffic
Washed my hair and wham, several ideas hit me all at once!
 
PrincessNancy96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: I wanna be in DISNEY!
Posts: 21,927
DISboards Moderator

This thread is now closed. Please join us in our new Virtual Scrapbook sub-forum with a new, easier to find, index for your layouts.
__________________
Nan Mom to: (College Girl) (College boy) (DS)
PrincessNancy96 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.