Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Welcome to the DIS
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2013, 08:13 PM   #1
4littleprincesses
Earning My Ears

not sure I can manuever this big site!

Trying to pull together a trip for May! This site scares me a bit though! I hope its helpful!
4littleprincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:27 PM   #2
Dixiemom
DIS Veteran

Welcome!

You will find so much info here and everyone is more than happy to help answer any questions. I know when I first joined I must've looked at every resort and every restuarants menu about a zillion times. It is very addicting!! Feel free to ask if you have questions or need suggestions, we've all been there

Lynn, mom of 2

DS 14, DD 9
Dixiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-18-2013, 04:42 AM   #3
Aliceacc
We had a wonderful time, but did have our moments!

Pretty much down to my hips on one side, but nice and perky on the other

Hi and welcome!

You're right, it is big, but don't let that intimidate you.

Assuming you haven't made any big decisions yet, start with the resorts board. First, take a look at the resort options at www.allears.net -- they have slide shows and fact sheets on each of the resorts. Once you narrow down your choices, the resorts board here has a series of threads on each of the resorts. You can find things like which location you'll want to request.

Your next decision is whether or not you want the meal plan. We love it, but a lot of people don't. Take a look at the dining forums to narrow down where you want to eat-- if you have kids, you'll want to look at character meals. (Take a look at the princess meals at Aukerhaus in Epcot, and at dinner with Cinderella and friends at 1900 Park Fare for your "4 little princesses."

Oh, and on the family board, register for a "fairy godmailer." Someone who is going before you do will send your kids a postcard, anticipating your arrival. When your trip gets closer, you sign on to do the same for someone else.

numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)
Aliceacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:30 AM   #4
ses1230
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4littleprincesses View Post
Trying to pull together a trip for May! This site scares me a bit though! I hope its helpful!
Welcome! This is a great site for planning and the posters have incredible Disney knowledge.

Since your trip is close, I would recommend picking one or two boards to focus on. When I am in planning mode I tend to stick around the Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies forum, and the Restaurant forum. Have a great trip!

1978 CR 2006 CR 2007 OKW 2008 SSR 2009 GF 2010 BLT 2011 BLT 2012 AKV 2013 DCL - Wonder
2013 BC 2014 Pop 2014 BLT
ses1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:39 AM   #5
magicaldisney
DIS Veteran

Old 03-18-2013, 01:50 PM   #6
TJBerry
Mouseketeer

Quote:
It scares me too. A friend referred me here. I've been looking around for a few days before i got up the courage to register.
TJBerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:34 PM   #7
dizzyr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJBerry View Post
It scares me too. A friend referred me here. I've been looking around for a few days before i got up the courage to register.
I just joined a couple of weeks ago and in the beginning I jumped around from forum to forum because I kept seeing things that caught my eye. It became hard to keep track so I decided to limit the forums I'm looking at. I'm going on a cruise in Nov so I read the cruise forum most. I'm also going to Discovery Cove and SeaWorld so I'm looking at those too. The rest of the time I just look at the new posts list. You'll be amazed at the info you find out here. I told my DH last night that I feel sorry for anyone who goes without coming here first because they'll miss out on so many things because they didn't know.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:22 PM   #8
jesswindsor
DIS Veteran

Welcome!!!
Old 03-18-2013, 10:34 PM   #9
CarolineB
DIS Veteran

A lot of the threads won't apply to you or will be repeated topics. Focusing on one area at a time is a good idea and will be easier to manage.
CarolineB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:56 AM   #10
momofboyz3
DIS Veteran

Hi there! I'm new here too & planning a trip for the end of May. This site has been so much help since I never realized how overwhelming planning a vacation can be. Good luck!
momofboyz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:34 AM   #11
poton754
Earning My Ears

Fun!

Its a ton of work but planning a WDW/DL trip it almost as fun as the actual trip!
poton754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:26 PM   #12
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Welcome!