Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2012, 02:44 PM   #76
thestitchdad
Earning My Ears

How is it going guys? I have been a long time lurker/troll on this site but have never posted. Looking forward to getting more involved in the conversation.
thestitchdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:27 PM   #77
scott2997
DIS Dad#543
You trying for ownage?!
I'm not sure what I'll be tied up in at home tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestitchdad View Post
How is it going guys? I have been a long time lurker/troll on this site but have never posted. Looking forward to getting more involved in the conversation.

Please introduce yourself in our Main Thread, where you will get your DISDad number..

Dis Dads Member #543

April 2012 Spring Break TR

Trips:April 2014 (BLT), January 2014 (CBR), January 2013 (OKW), April 2012 (BLT)
MK Only (1 day visits) - 2013, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008
Offsite - 2013, 2005, 1990
scott2997 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2013, 01:38 AM   #78
Maroonag1
DisDad #730

Is the group still open to new members? So glad to know I am not alone. I have 2 DD's 5 and 12, adn when we planned our first trip for this August I was the most excited person in our house.

Early stages of 2015 trip planning now.
Trip report of 2013 coming soon.

Me(Cliff), DW, DD(14), DD(7)
Maroonag1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:32 AM   #79
scott2997
DIS Dad#543
You trying for ownage?!
I'm not sure what I'll be tied up in at home tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maroonag1 View Post
Is the group still open to new members? So glad to know I am not alone. I have 2 DD's 5 and 12, adn when we planned our first trip for this August I was the most excited person in our house.
You bet - Welcome!

Come on over to our main thread HERE
and tell us a little about yourself!

Dis Dads Member #543

April 2012 Spring Break TR

Trips:April 2014 (BLT), January 2014 (CBR), January 2013 (OKW), April 2012 (BLT)
MK Only (1 day visits) - 2013, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008
Offsite - 2013, 2005, 1990
scott2997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:33 AM   #80
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maroonag1 View Post
Absolutely and welcome. Stop by the main thread on this sub-forum. (DDC 26). Check out the front page for membership criteria, sounds like you qualify, and post there. You will get your own member #.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:01 AM   #81
abajorek
Earning My Ears

Hello, all!

Count me in, please! Since moving to Florida, I've caught the Disney bug! With a fanatic DW, an in-training DS2 and an elementary music classroom full of kids, I can't help but feel the 'excitement of a 7 year old' toward the mouse.

As for specific criteria - here's a sample:
25: No joke: I was just searching for a Mickey ears critter tie to add to my collection - we have a cruise coming up, have to look dapper!
30: Each Friday is my son's radio request day for our 1/2 hour trip to school (NE Florida/St Johns County) - this most recent friday, it consisted of "Grim Grinning Ghosts", "It's A Small World" and "It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow".
35: DS and I have matching polos, just got a new set of embroidered Tees for the family from Etsy
40: DW found a static sticker at Grand Floridian:

51: The front office knows by now that, if I am not in school, there's a real good chance I'm at Epcot.

Please let me join your group! I'm glad to see there are others out there - makes me feel slightly less abnormal!

"We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…"
-Walt Disney (as quoted in Meet the Robinsons)
April 1993 - Royal Parc Suites (Kissimmee) ...18 years later... June 2011 - Polynesian December 2011 - Grand Floridian (became passholders) March 2012 - Day Trip to MK April 2012 - Bay Lake Tower June 2012 - Holiday Inn LBV September 2012 - Hampton Inn LBV October 2012 - Hilton Downtown Disney
November 2012 - Day trip for Epcot Food and Wine Festival December 2012 - BoardWalk Villas March 2013 - Disney Fantasy April 2013 - Art of Animation
May 2013 - Dolphin (May the 4th Be With You) June 2013 - Hilton Bonnet Creek July 2013 - BoardWalk Inn August 2013 - Coronado Springs September 2013 - Dolphin October 2013 - Caribbean Beach (Mickey's Not-So-Scary) October 2013 - Disney Dream November 2013 - Swan (Mickey's Christmas & Wine and Dine 1/2 Marathon) December 2013 - Yacht Club (Candlelight w/ Whoopi) December 2013 - Yacht Club (again! Mickey stole our Christmas tree....) January 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge °o° February 2014 - Caribbean Beach (Princess 1/2 Marathon) °o° March 2014 - Hilton Bonnet Creek °o° April 2014 - Boardwalk Villas
abajorek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:18 AM   #82
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by abajorek View Post
Hello, all!

Count me in, please! Since moving to Florida, I've caught the Disney bug! With a fanatic DW, an in-training DS2 and an elementary music classroom full of kids, I can't help but feel the 'excitement of a 7 year old' toward the mouse.

As for specific criteria - here's a sample:
25: No joke: I was just searching for a Mickey ears critter tie to add to my collection - we have a cruise coming up, have to look dapper!
30: Each Friday is my son's radio request day for our 1/2 hour trip to school (NE Florida/St Johns County) - this most recent friday, it consisted of "Grim Grinning Ghosts", "It's A Small World" and "It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow".
35: DS and I have matching polos, just got a new set of embroidered Tees for the family from Etsy
40: DW found a static sticker at Grand Floridian:

51: The front office knows by now that, if I am not in school, there's a real good chance I'm at Epcot.

Please let me join your group! I'm glad to see there are others out there - makes me feel slightly less abnormal!
Oh yeah, you'll fit in just fine! Come check in on the main thread, here and get your official welcome and DISDads member number, and join in on the conversation.

Cinderella's Fella is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:11 AM   #83
sgtpet
DIS Veteran

Looking to join

Hello fellow Disney Dad's. I have been on these boards for more than 10 years (mainly DVC related) and finally found this location. I am an advid WDW fan. Spent many times there growing up in the 70's and early 80's. After having my first child in 2000, I convinced my wife to purchase into the DVC and have been going regulary since. We love it. I am the orchastrator/quarterback for planning our trips out. I already have the next two years mapped out. We have three children 12 yr old son, 10 yr old daughter and a 10 month old baby boy. Looking forward to spending time with you fellow Dad's in the future.

Thank you.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:25 AM   #84
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtpet View Post
Hello fellow Disney Dad's. I have been on these boards for more than 10 years (mainly DVC related) and finally found this location. I am an advid WDW fan. Spent many times there growing up in the 70's and early 80's. After having my first child in 2000, I convinced my wife to purchase into the DVC and have been going regulary since. We love it. I am the orchastrator/quarterback for planning our trips out. I already have the next two years mapped out. We have three children 12 yr old son, 10 yr old daughter and a 10 month old baby boy. Looking forward to spending time with you fellow Dad's in the future.

Thank you.

Make sure you stop over in the main thread and introduce yourself there too. Randall will be around to give you an official number when he stops playing with his penguins.

Here's a link for you... http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3067512
that's nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:35 AM   #85
mdinme
DIS Veteran

Please

Assign me a number.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:51 AM   #86
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdinme View Post
Assign me a number.
Hi, come on over to the main thread, http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3067512, and I'll get you all official!

Cinderella's Fella is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:14 PM   #87
bhamvol
Earning My Ears

New to the group

I've been a huge Disney fan all my life. As a kid, my dad would load us up in Memphis and head down to WDW once every three years or so. One year we went twice in less than 12 months. I thought I was the luckiest kid in the world that year. I remember to ABCDE tickets, River Country, the light parade on the water, staying in a trailer ("cabin") at Fort Wilderness, HoopDeDo, and watching Mary Poppins at the Contemporary for night time entertainment.

My wife and I went to WDW on our honeymoon 15 years ago and we've been back four times since. We have a family condo at Bonnet Creek and enjoy going there as often as our schedules permit with our three kids.

As the ID suggests, I'm a big UT Vols fan and am roughing it living in Bamaland.
bhamvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:39 PM   #88
Dizznee Freak
Mouseketeer

I humbly apply for acceptance into this group. I am a DIS Dad for sure. I know this because no matter what i am doing at work or at home I always relate it to something that happened during one of our trips to the World. I cannot go a day without looking at pics of the place and am always in a state of planning for the next trip.

POLY 1997 ASMU 2003
POFQ 2005 Carib Beach 2007
POP 2007 SSR 2012 SSR 2014
Dizznee Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:36 AM   #89
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizznee Freak View Post
I humbly apply for acceptance into this group. I am a DIS Dad for sure. I know this because no matter what i am doing at work or at home I always relate it to something that happened during one of our trips to the World. I cannot go a day without looking at pics of the place and am always in a state of planning for the next trip.
Welcome

Tell us where your from and about your family.

DisDad Member #188

We are home!- 8/22/14 Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
theduck619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:47 AM   #90
CaoilinnsMom
Mouseketeer

hello

Can women be disdads? I have all the proper qualifications-except one;-) The moms thread is no fun whatsoever, typical tear each other down snippy women stuff. I like the info and discussions here. I am a DVC member, love classic Mickey Mouse, and am learning to appreciate princesses for the sake of my daughter. Found the info on the Grand Californian here, it was the best discussion I have seen. I grew up in SoCal and haven't been to Disneyland since I was 14, can't wait to take my daughter to Carsland. We go to DW about 2x per year. No men here though, just us girls.....
CaoilinnsMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: