Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-19-2013, 02:31 AM   #11
tayalltheway
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Sorry you didn't get much sleep. Those historic hotels are great and all that; but sometimes, they aren't the most comfortable places to rest.

Your drive looks l-o-n-g. I do love the Grand Circle; and I suspect you're driving just north of that area?
Yeah, I don't know if we'll be staying at a historic hotel again any time soon. At least it was fun except when we were trying to sleep...

Drive was definitely long, especially on day 2. I think we went through what's considered the Grand Circle, but we were still north of the Grand Canyon and all that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscbugs View Post
I am anxiously awaiting the California arrival!
It's coming up now, finally! Hope it's worth all the anticipation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiesalad View Post
Yay all caught up now!

Wow that hayride sounds amazing! I can't believe how hilariously lame it was! That actually made me spit out my tea!

That snow looks so beautiful!

Awhh leaving Stupey

That is so awesome that Tracy is in that commercial!! Haha now I want to know that story too

Roadtripping photos are the absolute best!! That scenery is just so stunning!

That is a VERY traumatic go karting story!!

Really enjoying your trip so far!
Glad you got all caught up! The hayride was certainly something else. I'm just glad we had fun and didn't pay much money for it.

The snow was definitely nice to get a little bit of, but I'm glad we haven't had a winter full of it. Leaving Stupey was definitely hard. We miss her terribly!

Oh, the commercial. It's a fun story, which I'll definitely weave into this TR somehow soon.

Good scenery was definitely one of the biggest pluses on the road trip. Of course, there were also looooong stretches of barren desert, which weren't so nice to look at.

And yes, the go karting experience was one of my lower moments. I eventually did get back in a go kart but it took a couple years, and I would never do it again in those fast ones.

Glad you're enjoying reading about the road trip! Hopefully you'll like hearing about the experiences once we arrive
1987 - WDW Visit in the Womb * 1990 - First WDW Visit * 1993 - First DLR Visit * March 1996 - Family Reunion at Treehouse Villas * March 1999 - Family Vacation at Treehouse Villas * March 2005 - One Day at MK with Friends * May 2008 - First Visit with then girlfriend (now wife) at POP * June 2010 - Disneymoon at Best Western LBV * Sept 2011 - Return to Disneyland at PP * May 2012 - Grand Prize WDW Radio Trip at POR Royal Room * November 2012 - Move to CA to become DLR locals!

Can We Move Here and Be Pancho’s Handlers? A Sept '11 Throwback Disneyland Trip Report
Duffy is Going to be ECSTATIC! a.k.a. Thank God She Was Jewish - May '12 WDW Trip Report
We Moved to Disneyland!! Now What…? Stories from New DLR Locals
tayalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: