Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2013, 09:49 PM   #76
SKShields
Earning My Ears

I am so happy I found this thread! My husband and I usually go to Disneyland the week after thanksgiving (best time to go there if anyone is interested ) and we are seriously considering a trip to WDW for the same time this year. Kind of an all out trip for us before we start a family next year and have to deal with stroller parking, lol! All of this great info has me convinced to lobby for WDW this time around.
SKShields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:37 PM   #77
CynBeth
DIS Veteran

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKShields View Post
I am so happy I found this thread! My husband and I usually go to Disneyland the week after thanksgiving (best time to go there if anyone is interested ) and we are seriously considering a trip to WDW for the same time this year. Kind of an all out trip for us before we start a family next year and have to deal with stroller parking, lol! All of this great info has me convinced to lobby for WDW this time around.
Welcome! You should definitely come and experience all 4 parks and all the holiday decorations and activities plus resorts.
CynBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-18-2013, 05:57 PM   #78
Satchmo128
I could ride Expedition Everest over and over and over and over and...........

We took our first December trip this past year to celebrate by birthday. We arrive in the evening on Dec. 6th and flew home in the evening on Dec. 15th. It was a wonderful trip and definitely not as crowded as I would have anticipated at all (especially since we arrived the same day that the new Fantasyland Expansion opened, as well as the redesigned Test Track in Epcot). The parks did seem increasingly crowded the closer we got to Christmas, though.

The temps were warmest when we first arrived (in the low- to mid-80s if I remember correctly). I was fine in jeans and just a t-shirt until the sun went down and then I needed at least a fleece or sweatshirt. As our week went on, though, the temps seemed to dip so that even during the day we needed extra layers.

I loved all of the holiday decorations around the resorts and parks. We did not do the MVMCP (hard-ticket event in Magic Kingdom on certain nights), but really enjoyed the Osborne Family Lights in Hollywood Studios. We also we out to Fort Wilderness to walk around and see the decorations out there, as well as at many of the resort hotels (Beach & Yacht Club, Grand Floridian, and Contemporary).

I would not hesitate to go back that same week (second week in December) again in the future. It really was magical being there in December with all of the festive holiday cheer

Welcome to the Dis!!

Trips to Cali Parks: 1999 (April), 2003 (March), 2005 (August), 2007 (September), 2010 (January), 2012 (October), 2014 (July)
Trips to WDW Parks: Our Honeymoon - 2009 (February), 2010 (September), 2011 (November), 2012 (December), 2013 (November), planning December 2014!!
Satchmo128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:06 PM   #79
CynBeth
DIS Veteran

Red face

I have always wanted to visit Seattle and Happy Belated Birthday!
Old 03-22-2013, 05:21 PM   #80
CynBeth
DIS Veteran

Red face

Have a great weekend everyone and Happy Early Passover!
Old 05-18-2013, 10:48 PM   #81
DisneyHeather
DIS Veteran

So I've got my dates and resorts all figured out for our December trip. December 8-14 at SSR and December 14-19 at BCV. I'm so excited.

I also already bought a ticket for the MVMCP on December 10th. I'm so looking forward to this trip with my baby boy and if any of the people I've invited show up it will be a bonus

How's everyone else's plans going?

DisneyHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:05 AM   #82
serene56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyHeather View Post
I was quite proud of myself- I did my park days based on the last two years calenders.. and did not have to change a speck once the crowd calender came out this year..
We are hoping to do the party for the 10th too. Grand daughters 8th birthday this day and also hoping to get a 4:15 reservation for cinderella's castle for her celebration meal.
Only a few more weeks and we shall see if dining falls in place like my park calender

Still proud of myself-- didnt make a change so far. Ok- on my touring plans I keep changing the way to do the attractions in order to fit most of it in.
I did manage to get all I wanted for dining.
Mama Melrose (3:45), Cinderella's castle (4:15) Teppen Edo (4:30) Be Our Guest (4:00pm) 1900 Park Fair (9:30am) Ohana (6:30) Ohana for breakfast (8:30) Kona for Breakfast (8:30) for 16 people.
It was a mess and it was tough.
Working with the groups department proved to be much harder then anticipated and I wound up with 42 reservations for Be Our Guest and 16 Be Our guest reservations for dates that we were not even in my range of dates.

But its all cleaned up.

Last edited by serene56; 07-09-2013 at 09:10 AM.
serene56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:48 AM   #83
DisneyHeather
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
I was quite proud of myself- I did my park days based on the last two years calenders.. and did not have to change a speck once the crowd calender came out this year..
We are hoping to do the party for the 10th too. Grand daughters 8th birthday this day and also hoping to get a 4:15 reservation for cinderella's castle for her celebration meal.
Only a few more weeks and we shall see if dining falls in place like my park calender
That's cool I haven't figured out what parks for which days at this point but this will be my first trip with a few TS meals so I guess perhaps I should start looking at that Since my son will be under 3 I plan to do most of the character meals since he's free and I just have to pay for me. Other than that I'm not sure on dining.

Old 05-19-2013, 09:15 AM   #84
KorieDWnut
Known to be the cranky person to comment under my breath

We went this past December during the first week. I am from Massachusetts, abd it was freezing here, so going to 60 degree weather there was heaven! Got up to 75-80 or so, give or take, and got chilly in the evenings, but still warm for us! Everywhere was crowded, but not as bad as I expected. Christmas decorations were up, music was playing. It was a fun time!
Old 05-19-2013, 10:18 AM   #85
BlueStarryHat

Just picture everyone sitting at the computer in their underwear

One year, my sister went to WDW the first week in December and they needed fleece hoodies the entire trip. I was there the next week (our trips overlapped by one day) and it was hot enough to fry an egg on Main Street. Never underestimate Florida's December weather! This year for our trip, my sister and I will be packing for both climates.

BTW, we *love* Christmastime in WDW. Best time to go, IMO, so magical.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:50 PM   #86
DisneyHeather
DIS Veteran

Only 182 more days until we leave for our trip

Old 06-10-2013, 07:16 AM   #87
csmith1004
Mouseketeer

We are hoping to plan a trip for Dec. 2014. If all goes well we will stay at the Caribbean Beach Resort from 11/30/14-12/4/14 then head over to the Disney Dream for a 3 night cruise. I've always wanted to see Disney at Christmas so I hope it all works out!

Back to the World - First week of December!
csmith1004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:39 PM   #88
canadawithboys
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyHeather View Post
So I've got my dates and resorts all figured out for our December trip. December 8-14 at SSR and December 14-19 at BCV. I'm so excited.

I also already bought a ticket for the MVMCP on December 10th. I'm so looking forward to this trip with my baby boy and if any of the people I've invited show up it will be a bonus

How's everyone else's plans going?
Heather, are you going with just your son? Good for you, you are brave! I've tossed around the idea of going with just my boys, but am probably going to take my mom, or mom and dad along with me!
canadawithboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:39 PM   #89
DisneyHeather
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadawithboys View Post
Heather, are you going with just your son? Good for you, you are brave! I've tossed around the idea of going with just my boys, but am probably going to take my mom, or mom and dad along with me!
Yes the plan had been that I would go alone with just my son. But a couple weeks ago my moms started feeling left out. So now there are 9 of us going, my son and I, my mom and step mom, and two of my sisters and three of my brothers.

We're doing a 2 bedroom at SSR for the whole trip now. I'm excited that it will be a family trip now and we're all looking forward to spending the time together.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: