DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2013, 08:47 AM   #31
bakerworld
DIS Veteran

IMO, when buying resale, purchase a smaller WDW venue. We own BLT and AKL but can't get into BCV/BWV during F&W, VWL at during winter holidays or HH during summer.

Be aware that while DVC's considered 'deluxe' those accommodations can be very WORN - hence the 'club' pricing. BLT is BEAT UP - even the couches at TOWL are showing wear.

Might want to see if the re-sales become venue specific altho I cannot see this happening as it rules out the entire 'club' aspect.

AKL 2008, BLT 2009, BCV 2013

Last edited by bakerworld; 03-17-2013 at 11:52 AM. Reason: additional thought
bakerworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:07 PM   #32
ToddyLu
Welcome aboard explorers- I love Mr. Ray

...and never forget that DVC WILL CHANGE THE WAY you vacation at WDW. The kitchenette/full kitchen will possibly keep you in your villa longer as you prepare meals. A Community Hall venue may appeal to your children when you have them. You may find it easy to book a DVC villa, use your AP since it hasn't expired...and begin making second and third trips home.

For that much money be darn sure you like where you stay.
first trip ASMo 2002, ASMo 2003, ASMo 2004 twice, ASMo 2005, POFQ 2006, Pop 2007, Pop 12/2008 with DDP, AKV SV 10/09 with DDP, AKV SV 12/10, AKV 5/11, AKV SV 10/11, AKV 5/12, AKV 10/12, AKV 11/13, AKV 5/14, AKV 10/14, AKV 5/15
My DH loves me for my points!!
ToddyLu is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-17-2013, 04:03 PM   #33
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalee94 View Post
it all depends on your comparison, i suppose.

i could probably get a similar trade with my $1 timeshare (compared to over $7,000 for a 120 pt DVC contract) where i pay less than $350 in annual dues (compared to over $600 for DVC dues). what dean and bnoble will tell you is: if you are planning to trade out of the DVC system on a regular basis, there are much cheaper timeshares to buy for trading purposes.

there are a handful of trades where i think you can get good value for DVC trades (typically higher end resorts like hilton, or more expensive resorts such as some of those in hawaii)...but sure, if you already own DVC, it's nice to have options even if they aren't always a great value.
As I've said before, owning and deciding whether to trade is completely different than buying with the intent of trading. There is no circumstance where buying with the intent to trade is a reasonable option. IF one is looking at one option to do both, DVC is not a reasonable choice. If you're set on DVC, best to buy just the points you need for DVC and look for other options for non DVC trips.

120 points for a studio would have been for off season, something one could get for a song other ways.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: