Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2013, 02:26 AM   #1111
hburke01
Earning My Ears

dry shampoo

Just finished the thread finally and thought of another tip. Many people have recommended baby powder for lighter hair colours. I like to switch from blonde to brunette and when I am brunette and need a little bit of a touch up grease wise I just brush a little bit of my bronzer onto the greasy spots (wouldn't recommend this with expensive bronzer) and it works great masks the area. I find it works best if you have your hair up already and just brush it on to make the pony or bun look less "slicked back"
hburke01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:33 AM   #1112
Stefjp
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hburke01
Just finished the thread finally and thought of another tip. Many people have recommended baby powder for lighter hair colours. I like to switch from blonde to brunette and when I am brunette and need a little bit of a touch up grease wise I just brush a little bit of my bronzer onto the greasy spots (wouldn't recommend this with expensive bronzer) and it works great masks the area. I find it works best if you have your hair up already and just brush it on to make the pony or bun look less "slicked back"
I have found that if I know in advance when I'm going on a trip, I'll run two packs together a month or so before so my due dates change and thus don't affect my trip. This obviously doesn't work for last minute trips though.
Stefjp is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-14-2013, 07:11 AM   #1113
IfIHadWings
Earning My Ears

Ive had a diva cup for a few years & it had become, um, shall we say discolored? It was stained & I was at a loss how to restore it back to its nice, clear, clean look. I stumbled upon a solution thinking about the oxy cleaners we use sometimes in laundry.

So, I soaked my diva cup in a cup of plain ol' hydrogen peroxide overnight. The peroxide bubbled the stains away, and it looks pristine again.

MaryPat
IfIHadWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:47 PM   #1114
jennykay
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IfIHadWings
Ive had a diva cup for a few years & it had become, um, shall we say discolored? It was stained & I was at a loss how to restore it back to its nice, clear, clean look. I stumbled upon a solution thinking about the oxy cleaners we use sometimes in laundry.

So, I soaked my diva cup in a cup of plain ol' hydrogen peroxide overnight. The peroxide bubbled the stains away, and it looks pristine again.

MaryPat
brilliant! Thanks for sharing that.

1989-offsite
1992-one day in MK-offsite
9/2007-Pop Century - MNSSHP
9/2008-ASMovies
10/2012-Pop Century
jennykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 03:18 PM   #1115
TDS533
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by manlscott View Post
Ladies, thanks for all the great advice on this thread. I have ready enjoyed reading through all of it.

Here is my situation...I have a WDW trip coming up in May. I will have no reason to take my purse into the parks (DH can carry my key to the world card in his wallet) but I will need to take my phone so I can keep in contact with numerous people in our party. Many of my sundresses/tennis skirts have no pockets! So...what's the best way to carry my phone? I have considered a neck strap, but I think it would bug me having the phone around my neck all day. I also thought about an arm band like runners use to put their phone in. Has anyone ever used these or have a better idea?
To add my 2 cents worth... They had and I think they should still have a very cute small patent look pink ..I'll call it ,wallet on a strap at WDW. Saw it many places near the purses, phone accessories etc. It has a silver mickey head on the outside. It is big enough to hold my rather large samsung phone, cash credit cards etc. and the strap is long enough to go crossbody. It's so light you'll forget you are wearing it. Won't go without it now. Love,love,love it as they say.
TDS533 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:39 PM   #1116
My2CrazyGirls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDS533 View Post
To add my 2 cents worth... They had and I think they should still have a very cute small patent look pink ..I'll call it ,wallet on a strap at WDW. Saw it many places near the purses, phone accessories etc. It has a silver mickey head on the outside. It is big enough to hold my rather large samsung phone, cash credit cards etc. and the strap is long enough to go crossbody. It's so light you'll forget you are wearing it. Won't go without it now. Love,love,love it as they say.
Do you have a picture of it?
My2CrazyGirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:29 PM   #1117
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

I haven't read the whole thread, just the first page so this was probably addressed. My biggest "girl problem" has to do with my, well... "big girls". Holy Hanna after a day in the Florida heat dragging around my DDD+ fun bags, the area under my bra is RAW. I got got plain white handkerchiefs now and I fold them over and place them under the band of my bra under my girls. No more raw skin and the handkerchiefs are so thin you can't see them at all under my t-shirts.

I don't have hair issues for the most part. My hair is long so I can just tie it up in a ponytail if it is bothering me. I do have to wash it everyday since my scalp gets so greasy, but if I stick in some Dream Waves while it is wet and scrunch, I get really cute beach waves in the humidity rather than frizz (my hair has a slight natural wave to it).

As for makeup, I don't mind going without, it isn't something I wear everyday anyway. I will sometimes dust on a powder foundation when I remember, but I can't do mascara in the heat because it seems to melt off leaving me with Ozzy Osbourne eyes.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:11 PM   #1118
kiramay
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hburke01 View Post
Haven't finished this whole thread but noticed there is a lot of talk about skipping your period while on vacation by using the next months pills and skipping the placebo. I have done this many times for different things: prom, birthday parties, anything I reaaally didn't want AF to inconvenience me. Anyways, my grandparents take me to florida every year (I'm 20) and the last 2 years I have been scheduled to have my monthly visitor during my disney trip. Both years I have attempted to skip my period as I have done successfully many times (I have been on BC since I was 15). What ended up happening is that AF decided to arrive in the middle of a day at the parks BOTH years. I had to purchase tampons from the machines (boy are those tampons uncomfortable) and eventually decided to go to First Aid. (Side bar: if you ever need tampons first aid has them for free). Embarrassingly after getting back to the resort that night I had to ask my GRANDFATHER of all people to drive me to a pharmacy of some sort so I could get tampons.

This is a long post, but moral of the story: you are never safe from mother nature!!! she will strike when you least suspect it even if you believe you have successfully skipped her.
That's why, no matter where in my cycle I am, I ALWAYS pack a whole box of tampons when traveling to WDW, and I always keep 1-2 in my bag. I'd rather be prepared than surprised.

My other tips: body glide for areas of friction, water proof mascara, tons of sunscreen, and I'd wash my hair and then put it in a wet ponytail. It was clean and dry by dinner. Tinted Chapstick.

Disney and I have a great history, thanks to my parents. Now I get to share it with my family!
Trip#1 12/27/12-01/03/13, POR
Trip#2 October 2014, POR
Trip#3 WDW Half Marathon 2015

kiramay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:18 PM   #1119
MomofIndigo
Mouseketeer

Lots of great stuff here! So glad I came across this thread. I havent finished it but I have started a good list already. Things that I can add are:

I am a Sephora girl. Its really close to me and I get alot of samples to try something before I buy the full size product. Before I leave for vacation I ask for samples of what I am using. Its enough for a week and then I can throw it away at the end of my stay. I have never had a spillage problem but my Sephora puts their little pots in individual bags so that helps too.

As for makeup I use a BB cream with a bit of HD powder. I use a cream blush that can double as an eyeshadow, a tinted lip balm and a waterproof mascara. This is as bare as I can go since I am used to a full face of makeup everyday.

I also recommend peppermint lotion. After a long day at the parks, I get a washcloth really really hot, ring it out and then rub my feet with it, then i do it again but then wrap around my feet until it gets almost cool. Then I put the peppermint lotion on my feet and cover with socks. The socks come off in the middle of the night but its something my mom taught me to lock in the moisture and keep feet super smooth. Next morning, feet feel great.
Old 11-01-2013, 03:09 PM   #1120
LizKP22
Earning My Ears

Best thread ever! Thank you ladies, jotting some of these tips down.
LizKP22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 07:41 AM   #1121
rimomma66
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofIndigo View Post
Lots of great stuff here! So glad I came across this thread. I havent finished it but I have started a good list already. Things that I can add are: I am a Sephora girl. Its really close to me and I get alot of samples to try something before I buy the full size product. Before I leave for vacation I ask for samples of what I am using. Its enough for a week and then I can throw it away at the end of my stay. I have never had a spillage problem but my Sephora puts their little pots in individual bags so that helps too. As for makeup I use a BB cream with a bit of HD powder. I use a cream blush that can double as an eyeshadow, a tinted lip balm and a waterproof mascara. This is as bare as I can go since I am used to a full face of makeup everyday. I also recommend peppermint lotion. After a long day at the parks, I get a washcloth really really hot, ring it out and then rub my feet with it, then i do it again but then wrap around my feet until it gets almost cool. Then I put the peppermint lotion on my feet and cover with socks. The socks come off in the middle of the night but its something my mom taught me to lock in the moisture and keep feet super smooth. Next morning, feet feel great.
What BB cream do you use that doesn't melt off? I wore the Garnier (which was supposedly highly rated) to Sesame Place this summer and after 20 minutes I had to wipe it all off because I looked like my face was melting away. I usually just wear Bare Minerals...
Thanks!
rimomma66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:01 AM   #1122
charlottebling1991
Earning My Ears

Hi! First post but been browsing for a while preparing for our trip on Nov 28th from the UK (my 3rd visit to WDW and my boyfriend 1st!). I'm not sure if it's been suggested as not managed to get through all the great tips yet, but for those who prefer to go without make up but still want some coverage, I find a tinted moisturiser works great.. Much lighter than foundation but still provides some coverage. Most have SPF too so 2 birds, one stone!
charlottebling1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 05:35 PM   #1123
mickeymouse108
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
Wal Mart sells it-- back with the foot stuff, i.e. mole skin, gel insoles, athlete foot and fungus stuff.

Jaffra makes one I like better. They have the peppermint foot soak, peppermint leg mask, and peppermint lotion that all matches. I have a little blow up foot bath that I got several years ago from Avon, that I take to WDW every trip. I like to put a little of the Jaffra peppermint foot soak in it, add some really hot water, soak my feet until the water cools, then apply the peppermint leg mask to my feet and calves, lie back with them covered with a towel for a few minutes, rinse off, then apply the Jaffra peppermint foot cream. Makes your feet feel wonderful, even though the foot mask does get really cold.

In addition to the Body Glide antichafing stick, Body Glide also makes a pain relieving stick that is wonderful for sore backs and feet. It looks just like the Body Glide antichafing stick though, except it has a red cap instead of a gray one. I carry both, but am always afraid I'm going to get the two mixed up and apply the one for sore muscles to areas I mean to apply the antichafing one to. I have a feeling that would not be pleasant.
thanks for all the great product info

1977 Magic Kingdom,1978 Magic Kingdom,1987 magic kingdom, epcot, 1991 Magic kingdom, epcot, MGM, 2000 Magic Kingdom, epcot,MGM, Animal Kingdom POR, 2006 Magic Kingdom, epcot,MGM,Animal Kingdom,2010 POR Cant wait, 2012 POP everywhere in the world we also go to see our daughters High school band perform at epcot melody gardens it was great :
mickeymouse108 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 05:58 PM   #1124
katmu
Earning My Ears

I've read lots of great tips for warm weather, but I'm struggling as this will be my 1st trip in January. Any tips on what to pack for weather that could be 70 or could be 40? I'm planning on layers but I also don't want to be weighed down too much.

Fort Wilderness 1978, off-site 1985, BWV 1998
katmu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 04:26 AM   #1125
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

In January, you WILL be glad for layers. And throw in a pair of those cheap stretchy gloves too. It can be lovely but it can also be downright frigid.
LindaBabe is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: