Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2013, 06:38 PM   #1
MMixtape
Earning My Ears

Attending Conference & Visiting Parks

Hello everyone,

First post here and I came across this forum after looking for some info the other week. I figured I'd be able to get some help from all of you here after reading some of the posts.

I'm going to be in the Orlando area from April 10th - 17th. I'll be attending the trade show on the 11th. I'm also staying off-site.

I was looking at the tickets for conference attendees to both WDW and Universal. The tickets are priced at around $67 - $103 for a park hopper. It's about $67 also for Universal. It should be noted these are for after 2pm as well.

My plan was to attend the trade show for a few hours on the 10th and over to Universal IOA. Then visit WDW (DHS & MK) after 2pm on another day.

Are there any days you could recommend and or suggestions you can make? Are after 2pm tickets worth it or should I purchase full price tickets for both parks?

I'd like to hear your suggestions As its a few short weeks away and I'd like to start planning my stay in Orlando.

Thanks!

M
MMixtape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:17 PM   #2
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

What you need to do is see what the convention organizers are offering. They should have links from their site to both Disney and Universal for any special tickets they are offering for purchase.

To do a comparison, if you go to the locked sticky Everything About WDW Tickets in this Forum, especially Post #18-A, you can see the Disney Gate prices. An easy way to get to the sticky is by clicking on the link in my signature. The ticket sticky is your friend!

You also might want to look at Post #2, which is ticket basics and Post #5 which deals with special tickets.

Note that all tickets sold for use in Florida are subject to a 6.5% Sales Tax, some location, such as the chart I'm referring you to, do not include that price and some locations do include it.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-15-2013, 08:07 PM   #3
MMixtape
Earning My Ears

Thanks.

The prices I mentioned in my original post are the special conference prices.

Just wanted to get an idea from others and suggestions from the form. Like If going after 2pm would be better vs. early morning - taking into consideration the cheaper ticket price and the days of April 10th-17th (crowd levels...etc).
Old 03-15-2013, 08:19 PM   #4
dizzyblonde
Earning My Ears

I was at a conference at the Dolphin from 2/28-3/3. We stayed there as well. Since we are FL residents, the current resident ticket promotion was a better deal than the special convention tix for after 2pm or after 4 pm.

I used the crowd calendars at easyWDW to plan which park we did which day. We hit all four parks (AK on Sunday since the conference was done by noon that day) & I feel like we got to experience a lot despite the fact that I was only in the other parks from roughly 4-9 pm each. We had to prioritize of course, but we rode all the headliners we wanted to...except TSM of course.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:14 PM   #5
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

In general, if you can make it to park opening in the morning, your opportunities for getting things done increase quite a bit. The first hour a park is open is golden for hitting the headliners. And, since you mention you want to visit DHS, it's going to be virtually impossible to ride TSMM after 2 pm without a wait upwards of 60 minutes. If that ride is important to you, I'd strongly recommend purchasing a regular ticket and getting there for rope drop one morning of your stay.

Otherwise, though, you can still see quite a bit arriving in the afternoon, especially if you stay late and make use of FP. Are you staying on Disney property? If so, try to take advantage of evening EMH. I guess it's really up to you whether you'll feel satisfied with just a few hours in the parks, or would like to have more time and therefore do more things.

MK '99 ~ WDW vacation '01 (ASMu) ~ DL/DCA '03 ~ Now a FL resident seasonal passholder!
Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest
parkhopping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:09 AM   #6
MMixtape
Earning My Ears

Thanks for your help.

I've looked at the crowd calendar and it seems that the best day to visit both DHS and MK would be the friday the week I'm there April 12th.

It's just a matter if I decide to go with the full price tickets and/or special conference priced ones.

Also, in regards to Universal. Since I'm going there part way through mid April, would it be recommended to buy those Express Passes for both Studio and IOA?
Old 03-16-2013, 09:04 AM   #7
mickeymamma65
Earning My Ears

I attended a conference last year and utilized the special conference pricing on after 2pm and 4pm tickets. We weren't eligible for FL resident discounts and found the conference pricing reasonable.

Four of us went down a day early to have an entire day (also a discounted conference ticket) to play. Started with Chef Mickey's at 7a.m. and got back to resort just before the conference check-in ended at 9:30 p.m. I highly recommend.

Remember that conference tickets can only be purchased online with your conference registration; not available once you get to WDW.
mickeymamma65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:52 PM   #8
TheRustyScupper
GKTW coordinator. Kiwanis and SCORE Volunteer. Make-A-Wish board. Average Banjo Picker. Pretty good sailing captain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMixtape View Post
. . . Are there any days you could recommend and or suggestions you can make? Are after 2pm tickets worth it or should I purchase full price tickets for both parks?

1) When attending seminars, we found the "After-2" tickets worthwhile.
2) You can buy them
. . . from your conference folks ahead of time
. . . at a table at your conference
. . . at your conference hotel *
3) If you stay until closing, it is a good deal.

* Be careful of ticket sellers in the hotel. Some are true Disney-authorized
convention discount brokers. Others are timeshare sales people who also
sell tickets. Check your convention price against their price and take the
best deal - and one that does not include a timeshare "tour".
TheRustyScupper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conference, tickets, universal, wdw

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: