DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2013, 03:16 PM   #1
wordwitt
Mouseketeer

Think I had better luck today

Made an offer on a small contract yesterday, just a few dollars/point under asking price and it was rejected in favor of a full price offer. Today I made another offer on a tiny 25 point contract at BWV and made the offer full price, although the price per point is really high ($78). I know it's small and expensive, but I'm really happy about it!

Hope to get a formal acceptance soon.
wordwitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:45 PM   #2
DisneyFansInLINY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordwitt View Post
Made an offer on a small contract yesterday, just a few dollars/point under asking price and it was rejected in favor of a full price offer. Today I made another offer on a tiny 25 point contract at BWV and made the offer full price, although the price per point is really high ($78). I know it's small and expensive, but I'm really happy about it!

Hope to get a formal acceptance soon.
Good luck with ROFR!
DisneyFansInLINY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-15-2013, 06:42 PM   #3
wordwitt
Mouseketeer

Thanks!

I hope that by paying the higher cost per point I can avoid ROFR, but it's a fairly loaded contract (as loaded as a 25 point contract can be), and from what I understand 25 point BWV contracts are rare, so who knows. I have the paperwork in hand, though! Very excited.

We are also looking at another, slightly bigger contract, but the 25 BWV points will allow us to book a couple of nights during F&W, and then retreat to a quieter resort, so it meets our needs really well.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:00 PM   #4
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Best wishes!
Old 03-15-2013, 07:25 PM   #5
disfanforlife
DIS Veteran

I hope it goes through for you. We also just offered asking price on a BWV!
Old 03-15-2013, 09:37 PM   #6
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

Good luck and I do not think too pricey you just saved 37.00PP today and 52.00PP after 3/20 not a bad deal!

dbs1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:07 PM   #7
davedmaine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disfanforlife
I hope it goes through for you. We also just offered asking price on a BWV!
There aren't too many BWVs coming onto the resale market right now. It's a real seller's market ..
davedmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:18 PM   #8
wordwitt
Mouseketeer

Thank you!

I am really happy with it. I will obviously have to get another contract because 25 points won't cut it, but when I saw it I jumped on it. I'm not joking when I say it had only been posted for 10 minutes, and the rep I talked to said he already had several offers (not full price). We'll see what happens.

The only down side (?) is we'll definitely have to try to be at WDW over Labor Day because I have to use the banked 2011 points by 09/01/13. Then there are banked 2012 points for 09/13, along with 2013. I am guessing we'll end up taking studios here and there if it doesn't get ROFR'd. We'll consider it an adventure.
Old 03-16-2013, 06:03 AM   #9
disfanforlife
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedmaine View Post
There aren't too many BWVs coming onto the resale market right now. It's a real seller's market ..
I agree. We have been thinking about adding on for a few months. Probably could have had a better deal a few months ago. But, we hadn't decided yet....
Old 03-23-2013, 09:34 PM   #10
chitwnnole
Earning My Ears

We just got acceptance on a resale 25 point contract at SSR. It was $80 a point which is really high in my opinion but I wanted to get something to get us started
chitwnnole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:45 PM   #11
chateau
DIS Veteran

Maybe a bit more up front, but think what you'll save in MF's with a contract that's not too big for its use.

We have a small contract that we use every 3 years, in rotation with the others.... makes for variety with an 11 month booking window.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:40 PM   #12
wordwitt
Mouseketeer

Yes, that's true

We have another sale pending on a loaded 90 point contract now, so we should be set for a couple of years the way we're planning on using it.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:56 AM   #13
Rmgdisney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitwnnole View Post
We just got acceptance on a resale 25 point contract at SSR. It was $80 a point which is really high in my opinion but I wanted to get something to get us started

We also placed a bid on a 50 SSR contract. Offered asking price of $79 a point. We know this is a bit high but we were ROFR'd last month on OKW at $58 asking price. If we pass rofr this time around it's still cheaper than going direct. Noticed that the prices on the smaller contracts have been increasing. We went with a smaller contract to not finance purchase. Best of luck to you with passing rofr!
Rmgdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:54 AM   #14
disfanforlife
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedmaine View Post
I believe you! I wish that we had decided to buy earlier, but am glad we did now. Better late than never. Hope ours does go through! Otherwise, I think we will be waiting even longer to find another contract.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: