Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-15-2013, 11:50 AM   #18
lukenick1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBeth94 View Post
I think my main concern is the Norovirus outbreak. I will definitely take your advice. One of the main factors exciting me about the trip are the rides, I love roller-coasters and really want to go on all of the thrill rides. But I'm now having second thoughts. The thought of someone throwing up on the ride and it landing on me scares me to death. I rarely get sick on rides or at all for that matter, but my fiancé gets quite bad motion sickness. We've purchased some anti-nausea and travel sickness medication and also motion sickness wrist bands in hope that they'll help. Also I plan on buying some anti-viral hand sanitizers just in case. Thanks for the advice. Hopefully neither of us get sick or have any unpleasant encounters.
If your biggest worry is Norovirus, then do this. Bring bleach or lysol cleaners and clean the room well. Anything that someone has touched is a potential for virus germs. DON"T PUT YOUR HANDS/FINGERS IN YOUR MOUTH! Bottom line! That is the most common way to catch it. Also if you really want to be cautious, don't get ice in your drinks unless you see the employees are wearing gloves. Ice bins are a wealth of germs and Norovirus can survive in that temp. If you follow my advice you will do everything possible you can possibly do to avoid getting sick. Go on the rides (except mission space), they are so much fun!
2009 Mariott Cypress Harbor
2012 AKL Villas
All thanks to my BFF!!!!!

lukenick1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: