DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2013, 11:35 AM   #16
e46m3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108

Think about it this way -- you didn't get screwed, the seller did. With a subsidized contract, Disney would have ROFR'ed it anyway. So someone would have eventually paid his asking price just for the subsidized dues. He LOST $1500 just by agreeing to sell it to you. On the flip side you spent $750 more over the life of the contract and never got subsidized dues which you aren't entitled to anyway. He should cry... not you.
This is the weird part. Somehow the seller was able to get back the contract and wanted full asking price a few weeks later. Seller must be a Disney employee or something. There is some funny business going on.
e46m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:42 AM   #17
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46m3 View Post
This is the weird part. Somehow the seller was able to get back the contract and wanted full asking price a few weeks later. Seller must be a Disney employee or something. There is some funny business going on.
Sorry but this doesn't make sense
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2013, 01:59 AM   #18
PCMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46m3

How do you know its the same contract? Maybe the seller had two of the same size.
PCMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:20 AM   #19
e46m3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCMama

How do you know its the same contract? Maybe the seller had two of the same size.
That's what the agent told me. She said this is a "special" contract and she couldn't give me the reason why.
e46m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:02 PM   #20
PCMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46m3

That's what the agent told me. She said this is a "special" contract and she couldn't give me the reason why.
That's weird...
PCMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:38 AM   #21
frank808
DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46m3 View Post
Employees cannot sell their contracts on the open market. There is a clause that they must sell it back to disney for what they purchased the contract for. They do get a percentage off of the going price. Also disney employees can get fired for renting out points from their contracts bought with employee discount.
frank808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:13 AM   #22
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank808 View Post
Employees cannot sell their contracts on the open market. There is a clause that they must sell it back to disney for what they purchased the contract for. They do get a percentage off of the going price. Also disney employees can get fired for renting out points from their contracts bought with employee discount.
About the sale stuff -- this is not true. My brother bought a SSR contract via resale from a former employee. He got a great price (but still average for SSR resale). We found out b/c the agent told us, and because a year later he accidentally received a Disney letter to CMs regarding their DVC contracts. Several people received these on the DIS, actually.
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:01 PM   #23
wooclan
Earning My Ears

Uhm, Rofr'd at Aulani - no bueno

In November, we bought a contract 320 Mar UY 300 '11 points, 0 '12 pts. $25,000 plus MF for 2013 Subsidized due. If my math is right, we paid $78/pt. Made through ROFR no problem. It did take about 3 mos to close due to Hi rules I assumed. We bought on Ebay, seller chose Title services. As far as I was aware, no delay on anyone's part.

We are looking to add more points - and found one and going through the process. We did not offer more than $88. Now I don't know should I be worried or not. Since they didn't rofr our first round, we were safe to assume they weren't buying Aulani.

It took a lot of convincing with hubby that we should buy more. If we don't get it, I'll be really bummed after all the hard work. It's going to be a tough couple months waiting...sigh
wooclan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: