Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2013, 08:52 PM   #46
Prince Charming 68
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
Cross the Top of the World lounge off your list. No amount of "greasing" the CM will get you in. You have to be a DVC member staying on points to get in. I saw a couple who are DVC members but were staying at POR on a cash reservation not allowed access because of the rules. You won't get in.

I got proposed to at CRT breakfast and it was WONDERFUL! A couple of things that work in its favor:

*If you go through the Disney Weddings engagement dept., they'll set up the whole thing -- glass slipper, "surprise" dessert, a Photopass photographer (we have more than 100 pictures from the proposal).
*June is HOT at Disney, proposing in the morning means you both won't be sweaty, dripping messes when it happens.
*You have the whole day to celebrate. We spent most of the rest of the day taking pictures all throughout the MK in between phone calls to friends and family.
*I've always loved the castle, but after getting engaged inside? I'm an even bigger teary mess when I look at it.

Good luck! Whatever you come up with will be magical!
Thanks MissyRose! It is great to hear it from the perspective of someone who was proposed to at the CRT. I have been in contact with the Disney planner already with questions about the CRT, but I was planning on a Dinner and then maybe watch Wishes from inside the castle. I didn't think about the whole hot, sweaty mess after a day of riding rides all day in June. I know my DGF may feel a little less photogenic at the end of the Day. I may have to reconsider my original plan and do a morning engagement. Thanks for the firsthand insight
Prince Charming 68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:20 PM   #47
lizzi6692
DIS Veteran

My husband proposed to me during dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table. We got the best table in the place by a window overlooking Fantasyland. The ring was brought to the table in an engraved glass slipper on a platter surrounded by rose petals(after you check in they'll pull you off to the side to get the ring from you). We had our own personal photopass photographer who took pictures of the whole thing. It was the happiest moment of my life and I wouldn't have changed it for anything. And I honestly wouldn't worry about the "not feeling photogenic" thing. In my opinion, proposing at dinner is more romantic and once you propose the last thing she'll be thinking about is how she looks.

Previous Trips:
September 2010: Caribbean Beach
May 2011: Coronado Springs
December 2011: Pop Century
Next Trip:
December 2013: Port Orleans French Quarter Pre-Trip Report
lizzi6692 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-13-2013, 10:00 PM   #48
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Charming 68 View Post
Greetings Mouseketeers! Ok, So my gal of 14 months and I are heading to WDW for a four day hopper in early June. Debating on popping the question at the end of Day one during the fireworks show at the Magic Kingdom. Is this too cheesy? Any suggestions as to where the best spot would to be see the fireworks, castle, and it still be relatively romantic. I didn't think Epcott or any of the other parks would have quite the magic as the MK though I am open to suggestions. Is any special packages i could purchase to reserve a special spot. Thanks everyone!!
Cheeses??? Seriously?? Heck no!!!

My two cents....
Have the ring (securely) in your pocket and propose anywhere in view of the Castle when you feel it is right. A little planned, Spontaneous, magical all at the same time.

Good luck!
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

CuteAsMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:10 PM   #49
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

I was talking to a Nephew of mine whose Daughter was proposed to at MK last month. He suggested that you get hold of the Fairy Tale Weddings department and look at their Engagements section. The people there can work with you, find a space, arrange for the photographer, etc. They can make all the arrangements you need, and possibly even get you a private viewing area.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:14 PM   #50
ArmyVet80
Mouseketeer

I did not propose to my wife at the MK but we did have our honeymoon at WDW. There is a place going into Tomorrowland that is a Kodak photo spot. Tinkerbell flies right over it so you can find it with the line from the castle to wherever Tinkerbell lands. Not sure if this link will work:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

It is the spot I'm talking about. You aren't directly in front of the castle but you can see the fireworks very well. We were there in June 2009 and it wasn't as busy in this spot either.

POFQ: June 2009
All-Star Music: Dec. 2010 thru Jan. 2011
CSR: Sept. 2012
POFQ: Nov. 2013
POFQ: Sept/Oct 2014
ArmyVet80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:35 PM   #51
AuroraRora
Princess

If you're hoping to propose in the evening but worried about not looking so photogenic, you could always propose in the evening as you'd like, but arrange to take more photo's in the morning. I've read several posts on here from both brides and just regular families that hired a photographer to come take professional photos of them in the parks for an hour or two. You could propose in the evening and have the photopass photographer catch it all on film, and then in the morning go to rope drop at MK and get some really nice proper engagement photos in front of the castle etc while the park is really quiet.
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
AuroraRora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:41 PM   #52
CarolineB
DIS Veteran

Congratulations to you both.

I wouldn't spend the money on the fireworks cruise if it's over $300 -- too much money.

The dessert party seems too crowded too and not the right moment.

I would propose in front of the castle in the morning -- it's totally natural that you would want to stop to have your picture taken and then Surprise!

I like the idea of having a breakfast ADR at MK so you can get into MK before crowds. The photopass photographer can capture everything without the park being super packed and crazy. After you propose and enjoy your breakfast, you could have pictures with Mickey, ride a few rides, and take a walk over to Poly (or go over in the evening.)
CarolineB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:43 PM   #53
CarolineB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyVet80 View Post
I did not propose to my wife at the MK but we did have our honeymoon at WDW. There is a place going into Tomorrowland that is a Kodak photo spot. Tinkerbell flies right over it so you can find it with the line from the castle to wherever Tinkerbell lands. Not sure if this link will work:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

It is the spot I'm talking about. You aren't directly in front of the castle but you can see the fireworks very well. We were there in June 2009 and it wasn't as busy in this spot either.
That's a nice spot and you're near the rose garden. It's a lot quieter than standing on Main Street.
CarolineB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:45 AM   #54
mnasf
DIS Veteran

We saw a great proposal during the fireworks at Cinderella's Royal Table. They were eating and the girl had no idea. Liked over and man was on his knees with Photopass and employees all around. Later brought them a picture frame with picture, special dessert, etc. looked like Disney had it down. They were seated by the window.
Dixie Landings - Dec. 1998
Contemporary - Aug. 2000
AKL & Poly - Aug. 2001
Pop & WL - Aug. 2005
Pop - Nov. 2005
Pop & SSR - July/Aug. 2006
SSR & BWV - Nov./Dec. 2007
mnasf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:15 AM   #55
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Charming 68
Thanks MissyRose! It is great to hear it from the perspective of someone who was proposed to at the CRT. I have been in contact with the Disney planner already with questions about the CRT, but I was planning on a Dinner and then maybe watch Wishes from inside the castle. I didn't think about the whole hot, sweaty mess after a day of riding rides all day in June. I know my DGF may feel a little less photogenic at the end of the Day. I may have to reconsider my original plan and do a morning engagement. Thanks for the firsthand insight
Just as an FYI, I don't think you can see much of the fireworks from inside the castle.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
castle, engagement, fireworks, strategy, viewing

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: