DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-13-2013, 08:27 AM   #1
babesboo99
Veteren Disney Vacationer
 
babesboo99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 683

On waiting list through Disney starting to get worried..

We went on a waiting list for BCV just this past Monday. and I started looking for resales thinking they will have to ROFR to get what they need. Does anyone know how it works if people are on a waitlist ? How do they get the points ? Do they ROFR and then break up points and spread them out or they get the contracts and just see which person has the use year they want.
babesboo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:35 AM   #2
momtoleasawav
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Boston
Posts: 312

good question. we went on waitlist for BC on our cruise 3 weeks ago. we were told we were first on the waitlist for I am assuming our use year. we haven't heard anything yet, the lady we bought them from said it shouldn't be long but who knows. I am going to give it a while then call my own agent. Good luck to you
__________________
momtoleasawav is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-13-2013, 09:48 AM   #3
Breyean
DVC Since '93
 
Breyean's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Scottsdale AZ
Posts: 984

Quote:
Originally Posted by babesboo99 View Post
We went on a waiting list for BCV just this past Monday. and I started looking for resales thinking they will have to ROFR to get what they need. Does anyone know how it works if people are on a waitlist ? How do they get the points ? Do they ROFR and then break up points and spread them out or they get the contracts and just see which person has the use year they want.
They get contracts back from foreclosures - people who can't pay their loans on their contracts or pay their monthly fees and via ROFR. Since ROFR requires DVC to actually pay something for the contracts, they prefer the foreclosure route.

Once they get back a contract, they can't change the UY, but the do split up the points into whatever combinations they need to meet wait list requests. So one 300 point contract could become 3 100 point add ons.

And it's first come first served on the wait list, by UY (unless you have told your guide you are indifferent to UY), except if you want say, 200 points and they get a contract back with 100, they will skip you and offer those points to the next person on the list who is looking for 100 points (or less).
Breyean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:07 AM   #4
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us
 
bobbiwoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Washington Township OH and Cape May NJ
Posts: 58,963

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breyean View Post
They get contracts back from foreclosures - people who can't pay their loans on their contracts or pay their monthly fees and via ROFR. Since ROFR requires DVC to actually pay something for the contracts, they prefer the foreclosure route.

Once they get back a contract, they can't change the UY, but the do split up the points into whatever combinations they need to meet wait list requests. So one 300 point contract could become 3 100 point add ons.

And it's first come first served on the wait list, by UY (unless you have told your guide you are indifferent to UY), except if you want say, 200 points and they get a contract back with 100, they will skip you and offer those points to the next person on the list who is looking for 100 points (or less).
Well, years ago, we wanted 100, and first came 60 and then about a week later, we got the last 40. That was fine with us. They asked if we would take them like that.
__________________

bobbiwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:47 AM   #5
Breyean
DVC Since '93
 
Breyean's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Scottsdale AZ
Posts: 984

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz View Post
Well, years ago, we wanted 100, and first came 60 and then about a week later, we got the last 40. That was fine with us. They asked if we would take them like that.
When I did a wait list a couple of years ago, my guide suggested I give a range of points we would accept. That way, he said, if the lower number of points in our range came up we'd be called.

W/o doing that, he said, if a lower number became available we'd be passed over.

Since we did the max in our range when our name came up, I have no way of knowing what would have happened had we not done the range and if a lower available amount would have made us get passed up.

However, I did have reason to call my guide's supervisor and I asked about what would have happened had we decided on a lower number of points than what they gave us (which was the max we wanted). She said if we wanted fewer they could just adjust the contract (which we hadn't even received yet). But if we wanted more that could be a problem because those points were already given to others.

So I have no clue how they operate other than what they tell me. And I wonder if they either don't know themselves or just tell you whatever they want, knowing there's really no way you can find out the truth.
Breyean is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.